Caleb Plant is an accomplished professional boxer from the United States. Plant made his professional debut in 2014 and has since then built an impressive record, winning 22 out of 24 fights. He is known for his technical skills and strategic fighting style, often relying on his agility and speed to outbox his opponents. Caleb Plant is currently married to his wife, Jordan Hardy.
Caleb held the IBF super middleweight title from 2019 to 2021 and successfully defended it three times before losing to Canelo Álvarez in November 2021. As of November 2021, he is considered one of the best super middleweight boxers in the world. He is ranked third by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, ESPN, and The Ring. Additionally, he is ranked sixth by BoxRec. Plant’s rankings are a testament to his skill and dedication to the sport of boxing. As he continues to compete and take on new challenges, many fans and boxing enthusiasts are eager to see what he will achieve in the future. His nickname is “Sweethands“.
Who are the parents of Caleb Plant?
Caleb Plant was born in Ashland City, Tennessee, on 8th July 1992, making him 29 years old as of 2022. He is an American citizen and belongs to the American-White ethnic group. Caleb Hunter Plant is the birth name of this boxer. Caleb’s parents are Richie Plant, a former kickboxer who worked odd jobs to support the family, and Beth Plant, who struggled with substance dependency. Tragically, Caleb’s mother died in 2019 after being shot by police when she pulled out a knife on an officer. Caleb has two sisters, an elder sister named Hannah Plant, and a younger sister named Madeline Plant.
There is no available information about his educational background. Despite his challenging family background, Caleb has risen to success in his professional career as a boxer through his hard work and dedication.
Caleb Plant Boxing Career
- Caleb Plant began boxing at the age of 8 and went on to win the 2011 Golden Gloves in the light heavyweight division. He was an alternate for the 2012 Summer Olympics and had a successful amateur career with a record of 97 wins and 20 defeats.
- Caleb made his professional boxing debut on May 10, 2014, with a first-round knockout victory against Travis Davidson. He went on to win his next eight fights, with five of them ending by stoppage. He continued his winning streak by defeating Jamar Freeman and Tyrone Brunson by decision, followed by two knockouts against Adasat Rodriguez and Carlos Galvan.
- In August 2016, Plant faced Juan De Angel in his first-ever ten-round fight, which he won convincingly with all three judges scoring in his favor. He then faced Thomas Awimbono in the main event of PBC on FOX on February 25, 2017, and won the fight by a unanimous decision. In September of the same year, he fought Andrew Hernandez after his original opponent Alan Campa withdrew from the fight, and won the match with a dominant performance where he won every round according to the judges. Caleb continued his winning streak with a unanimous decision victory against Rogelio Medina in February 2018, which was an IBF super middleweight eliminator for the number #2 ranking slot and the position of the IBF mandatory title challenger. Plant won the fight by a wide unanimous decision, with scores of 120–108, 119–109, and 117–111.
- Caleb Plant challenged IBF super middleweight champion José Uzcátegui in his 18th professional fight on January 13, 2019. The fight was postponed due to Plant’s broken left hand, and he came into the bout as an underdog. However, Plant managed to score two knockdowns and dominated the fight with his outfighting gameplan, winning by unanimous decision with scores of 116–110, 116–110, and 115–111. Plant out-landed Uzcátegui by 217 to 157 punches, landing more jabs and power shots.
- Plant defended his IBF super middleweight title against Mike Lee, a light heavyweight moving down in weight, on July 20, 2019. Plant was heavily favored to win the bout, and he did so in dominant fashion, stopping Lee in the third round with a flurry of knockdowns. Plant out-landed Lee 41 to 7 and Lee was knocked down four times in total, leading to the referee’s decision to stop the fight. The Ring magazine called Lee a “glorified club fighter”.
- Next, Caleb defeated Vincent Feigenbutz in his second title defense by a tenth-round technical knockout after dominating him through all ten rounds. Plant utilized his jab and power shots to both the body and head of Feigenbutz, and the referee deemed Feigenbutz unable to continue defending himself at the 2:23 minute mark of the tenth round.
- Caleb then defended his title against Caleb Truax in January 2021, winning by unanimous decision with a score of 120-108 on all three judges’ scorecards. Truax was seen as a step up in competition, but Plant dominated the fight by outboxing Truax from a distance. Many fans were disappointed that Plant did not fight Canelo Álvarez in a super middleweight title unification bout.
- Plant fought Canelo Álvarez in a title unification bout on November 6, 2021. Plant entered the bout as an underdog and lost via eleventh-round technical knockout, losing the IBF title and suffering his first professional career loss. Plant earned a $10 million guaranteed purse, plus 40% of the PPV proceeds.
- He defeated Anthony Dirrell in a WBC super middleweight title eliminator with a ninth-round knockout on October 15, 2022, on the undercard of the Deontay Wilder vs. Robert Helenius heavyweight bout. Plant celebrated the win by miming digging Dirrell’s grave, which drew criticism.
- On November 3, 2022, Plant and David Benavidez announced that they had come to an agreement to fight each other. The highly anticipated bout was set to headline a Showtime pay-per-view event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, scheduled for March 25, 2023.
- Professional boxer, Caleb Plant has a boxing record of 24 fights, 22 wins, and 2 losses. Out of those 22 wins, he has won 13 by knockout and 9 by decision.
How much is Caleb Plant’s net worth?
As a professional boxer, Caleb Plant has been able to establish a successful career, which is his primary source of income. He has fought numerous matches and has won several titles, which has helped him gain recognition and increase his earnings. His career highlights include winning the IBF super-middleweight title in 2019 and maintaining an undefeated record throughout his professional boxing career.
With his dedication and hard work, Caleb has been able to accumulate a significant amount of wealth. As of 2023, Caleb’s estimated net worth is around $5 million, making him one of the highest-paid boxers in the industry. Apart from his boxing career, Caleb has also earned additional income through brand endorsements and sponsorships. Caleb is sponsored by SNAC nutrition and Avianne Jewelers and has previously worked with Shoe Palace. His impressive net worth serves as a testament to his determination and hard work, which has enabled him to achieve success both in his personal and professional life. He is living a lavish lifestyle today.
Who is Caleb Plant married to?
Caleb Plant, a professional boxer, is happily married to Jordan Hardy, a talented athlete, and Fox Sports broadcaster. The couple first met in 2016 and soon began dating. Caleb publicly proposed to Jorden in 2019 after winning the IBF world title against Jose Uzcategui. They got married in November 2019 in a private ceremony attended by close friends and family. The duo is enjoying their present life a lot without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight.
Before his marriage to Jordan, Caleb was in a relationship with Carman Jean Briscoe-Lee. They had a daughter named Alia Plant, who unfortunately passed away at the age of 19 months due to pneumonia in 2015. Despite this tragedy, Caleb and Jordan have been a strong support system for each other and continue to lead happy and fulfilling life together.
Overall, Caleb’s life has been marked by both triumph and tragedy. He has faced adversity in his personal life but has found happiness and love with his wife Jordan. The couple continues to inspire others with their dedication to each other and their commitment to overcoming life’s challenges.
How tall is Caleb Plant?
Caleb Plant is a renowned professional boxer with an impressive height of 6 feet 1 inch, which is considered quite tall in the boxing world. He also has a well-built and athletic physique, evident from his photos, which showcases his dedication to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. With a weight of around 76 kg, Caleb possesses an ideal body weight for his height, which helps him in his boxing matches.
In addition to his height and physique, Caleb has captivating brown eyes and hair that complement his overall appearance. His unique features and charismatic personality have made him a favorite among boxing enthusiasts worldwide, inspiring many to pursue their dreams and goals with hard work and dedication, just like he did. He has got a healthy body as of now.