Candy Pangilinan is a famous Filipino film and television actress as well as a comedian. She began getting acting work in the early 90s, making her debut in the horror-comedy Shake Rattle & Roll III (1991). She won best actress for CineFilipino 2016 and Los Angeles International Film Festival for the movie “Star na si Van Damme”. She has starred in Kokey, Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin, and Wansapanataym as well.
What makes Candy Pangilinan So Famous?
- Being a film and TV actress and Comedian.
- Being one of the critically acclaimed comedians in the Philippines who has spanned more than 3 decades in the industry who also has the criteria for being known to star in more than 10 sitcoms for her versatility, wit, skill, and comedy roles.
Where is Candy Pangilinan From?
Candy Pangilinan was born on May 8, 1972, in Metro Manila, the Philippines which is his birthplace. Her birth name is Carmela Espiritu Pangilinan. He celebrated his 49th birthday as of 2021. He holds Filipino nationality and his ethnicity is Filipino-White. His race is White. Taurus is his Zodiac sign and he follows Christianity. She has never spoken about her parent’s and siblings’ details to the media.
Candy Pangilinan Career timeline
- Candy Pangilinan started her acting career in the 1990s. Initially, she starred in supporting roles in romantic comedy films such as “Hindi Magbabago” in 1994 and 1997, “Dahil Ba Sa Kanya” as a lead role, and “Sige Subukan Mo”.
- She appeared in the 1998 films “Kung Ayaw Mo Huwag Mo”, and “Honey, Nasa Langit Na Ba Ako”.
- In the year 2000, she starred in “Ayos Na Ang Kasunod”.
- In 2007, she was cast in a comedy film “Apat Dapat Dapat Apat” with friends and comedians Rufa Mae Quinto, Pokwang, Eugene Domingo, produced by Quinto with Viva Films and ON Q-28 Productions.
- Regarding her TV roles, she appeared in the series “Mula Sa Puso” until its finale in 1999. She then played sidekick to Claudine Barretto’s character Rosario in “Saan Ka Man Naroroon” from 1999 to 2001, “I Love Betty La Fea” from 2008 to 2009 with a follow up on the Philippine remake of “Only You” with Angel Locsin, Sam Milby and Diether Ocampo on ABS-CBN and the Critically Acclaimed Series “Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin” in the year 2011.
- In 2012, Candy did supporting roles for GMA Network such as “Forever” with Heart Evangelista, Geoff Eigenmann and Gloria Romero, and “Hiram na Puso” with Gina Alajar and Kris Bernal.
- Additionally, she also guests appeared on the hit Saturday trivia-game show “Celebrity Bluff” alongside Eugene Domingo in the year 2013.
- In the year 2014, she guest-starred on TV5 on “Sharon, Kasama Mo Kapatid”, “Beki Boxer”, “Regal Shocker Presents”, “Showbiz Police”, “Face the People” and “Tropa Mo Ako Unli”.
- In “Wansapanataym”, the revived TV series back in ABS-CBN in Perfecto and Noreen Capili’s My App Boyfie.
- Today, she is known as one of the critically acclaimed comedians in the Philippines who has spanned more than 3 decades in the industry who also has the criteria for being known to star in more than 10 sitcoms for her versatility, wit, skill, and comedy roles.
- Recently, she appeared in “Tililing” in the year 2020, and also in the same year, she starred in “Hindi Tayo Pwede … Gabs’ mother”.
Who is Candy Pangilinan married to?
Candy Pangilinan was a married man. Her ex-husband’s name is Gilbert Choi Alvarado. Her then-spouse Alvarado was a Philippine School of Interior Designing alumni in 1995. As indicated by Gilbert’s LinkedIn profile, he fills in as a Managing Director at an ICT organization called Fiber-Rex Philippines, Inc. Gilbert joined the organization in 2009 and has devoted ten years of his chance to his right now utilized organization. Recently, she guested on one of Toni Gonzaga’s YouTube videos and shared her parenting journey, from her husband leaving her, becoming a single mom when her son Quentin was just one month old, to suddenly having to navigate how to raise a child diagnosed with autism and ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactive disorder). She shared, even before that she and her ex-husband tied the knot. When she got pregnant with Quentin, she said her husband was already telling her he’d be leaving her, referring to the baby as a “souvenir”. After a month of giving birth, he left her. Candy says he would call her crazy because she would accuse him of having an affair. This was why her husband said he abandoned her. Suddenly a single mom, she was processing all her emotions by herself. This prompted her to seek the opinion of a psychologist if she was indeed out of her mind. Quentin was diagnosed with autism and ADHD. Even as a toddler, Candy said they had already noticed he was different and that he was not displaying the typical milestones of children his age. It slowly dawned on her that having therapy sessions and medication would be enough to deal with it. As a mother, Candy says the most painful thing is seeing Quentin go through so much rejection, like when kids won’t play with him at parties. She also recalls the time she broke into tears and pleaded with Quentin’s principal – who pulled the boy out of rehearsal for Kinder graduation (for the third year) – because it would be embarrassing for the school if he throws a tantrum. She opened up about the lessons she learned from her failed marriage, stating that she now views her separation from her husband as a “blessing.” She was also engaged to film director, G.B. Sampedro. They were engaged in 2010 and later separated in 2011. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Candy Pangilinan is living a single life as of today and she is enjoying her present life happily with her son.
What is the Net Worth of Candy Pangilinan?
Candy Pangilinan is a famous, successful, and talented actress whose net worth is estimated to have between in the range of $1 Million – $5 Million as of 2021. She earned her fortune through her hard work and dedication to her profession. Her major source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and she is living a lavish lifestyle as of today. Whereas his exact salary is still to get unfold yet but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a considerable amount of money. Additionally, she has luxury cars and villas where she is enjoying her ecstatic life.
How tall is Candy Pangilinan?
Candy Pangilinan is a very beautiful, stylish, and lovely lady with a charming personality. She has a perfect height and balanced weight. Her body type is average. Whereas her exact body measurements such as waist size, hip size, dress size, shoe size, and more are unavailable at a moment. Overall, she has got a healthy body.