Carlos Joseph Condit professionally named Carlos Condit is an American mixed martial artist who has competed in the Welterweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Moreover, he is also the former Interim UFC Welterweight Champion. He is also nicknamed as “The Natural Born Killer”. What’s more, he is the recipient of the Black belt in Gaidojutsu and Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. As per his MMA records, he has fought 44 matches. Out of which, he won 31 matches and lost 13 matches. Previously, he fought in the UFC’s sister promotion, World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC), where he was the final Welterweight Champion. He has also competed for both Shootboxing and Pancrase in Japan. After nearly two years away from the sport, he faced Court McGee on 4th October 2020 at UFC on ESPN: Holm vs. Aldana where he won the fight via unanimous decision.
Carlos Condit Won The Fight Against Court McGee
Carlos Condit had a great win on UFC Fight Night: Holm v Aldana over Court McGee. This ended a five-fight skid for the former UFC Interim Welterweight Champion. Condit had been absent from the cage for almost 2 years before he rebounded with this win over McGee. Condit clearly is fired up to get more opportunities and possibly try to have one last run in the upper echelons of the division. Carlos Condit calls Court McGee ‘f***ing savage’ for fixing broken nose mid-match at UFC Fight Island. Court McGee’s nose is in rough shape after Carlos Condit landed clean to end Round 1. But McGee stole the headlines by fixing his broken nose, which he suffered in the first round, during the fight. The judges’ final scores were 30-27 across the board as Condit ended a five-fight losing streak.
- Being an American mixed martial artist.
- Being the former Interim UFC Welterweight Champion.
What is the Birthplace of Carlos Condit?
Carlos Condit was born on 26th April 1984 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the USA; his place of birth. His real name/full name is Carlos Joseph Condit. He is an American by nationality and his ethnicity is Multiracial whereas his birth sign is Taurus. He is of Austrian, German, Native American, and Mexican descent. His race is White and he is Christian by religion. He was born to his parents; Camille Prevost (mother) and Brian Condit (father). His father was the Chief of Staff for former New Mexico governor and Democratic presidential candidate Bill Richardson. As of 2020, he celebrated his 36th birthday. As per his education, he went to Cibola High School for his early education. From an early age, he was passionate about wrestling, and he began wrestling at the age of nine. He started training in Gaidojutsu under Greg Jackson at fifteen.
How was the Career of Carlos Condit?
- At the age of 18, Carlos Condit turned profession and mixed martial arts where he showed to viewers and people that he is not a minor and he will be the major players of the mixed martial arts, he played splendidly and passionately at the early phase of his career.
- On 6th September 200, he made his debut match in Juarez, Mexico against Nick Roscorta where Nick submits with a rear-naked choke.
- He next won four more fights in the first round.
- He faced off with ninety-five fight veteran and Shoot Boxing World Tournament 2002 champion Andy Souwer in Tokyo, Japan on 23rd September 2003, where he lost the fight by technical knockout due to leg kicks with seventeen seconds left of the fight after being knocked down three times in the fifth and final round.
- He then came back to MMA with three first-round stoppage wins to go 8-0 before he was submitted with a Carlo Prater triangle choke inside the opening round in Albuquerque on 11th September 2004.
- At Rumble on the Rock 8 on 20th January 2006, he recorded a seventeen-second TKO stoppage of Renato Verissimo.
- The semis and the final both took place on the same night, 21st April 2006, at Rumble on the Rock 9 and he submitted Frank Trigg with a triangle armbar to book his place in the final against Jake Shields. He lost by unanimous decision.
- He suffered a second consecutive loss against Pat Healy in Oakland, California.
- On 20th January 2007, he made his debut for World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) at WEC 25 against Kyle Jensen where he won the fought in the first round via submission.
- After that, the second fight would be for the vacant WEC Welterweight Championship against John Alessio at WEC 26: Condit vs. Alessio where he again wins the fight in the second round by Rear Naked Choke and became the WEC Welterweight Champion.
- He then faced Brock Larson on 5th August 2007, at WEC 29 and he won the fight via first-round submission (armbar).
- On 13th February 2008, he faced Carlo Praer at WEC 32 where he defeated via submission in the first round.
- On 3rd August 2008, he faced Hiromitsu Miura where he won the back and forth fight via TKO in the fourth round, winning Fight of the Night honors.
- Later, he was transferred to the UFE with Brock Larson. His record for WEC would end at a perfect 5-0.
- He made his promotional debut on UFC on 1st April 2009, at UFC Fight Night 18 facing Martin Kampmann where he lost the back and forth fight via split decision.
- He was scheduled to fight Chris Lytle on 16th September 2009, at UFC Fight Night 19, but Lytle had to drop out due to a knee injury.
- After then, he fought against Jake Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald, Dan Hardy, Dong Hyun Kim.
- He earned the Fight of the Night award fighting against Rory at UFC 115. The victory against Dan Hardy made Condit the first and to date the only man to defeat Hardy by way of KO and also earned him Knockout of the Night honors.
- He won the fight against Dong Hyun Kim via first-round knockout (flying knee and punches) earning Knockout of the Night honors.
- Later, he defeated Diaz via unanimous decision (48-47, 49-46, and 49-46) to win the UFC Interim Welterweight Championship.
- On 17th November 2012, he faced Georges St-Pierre at UFC 154 becoming the second man to knock down St. Pierre in the UFC.
- He next faced Martin Kampmann in a rematch on August 28, 2013, at UFC Fight Night 27.
- He next fought Tyron Woodley in the co-main event at UFC 171. In round two, Woodley landed on Condit’s right knee on a takedown. An MRI confirmed that Condit had suffered a torn ACL and partially torn meniscus which would require surgery.
- After the surgery, he came back to face Thiago Alves on May 30, 2015, in the main event at UFC Fight Night 67 where he won the fight.
- He returned to the cage eight months later to face Demian Maia in the main event of UFC on Fox 21 on August 27, 2016, where he lost the fight in the first round via submission.
- He returned to the UFC and faced Neil Magny on December 30, 2017, at UFC 219 where he again lost the fight after a sixteen month via unanimous decision.
- He faced Michael Chiesa on December 29, 2018, at UFC 232 but lost the match via submission.
- After nearly two years away from the sport, he faced Court McGee on 4th October 2020 at UFC on ESPN: Holm vs. Aldana. He won the fight via unanimous decision.
Awards and Achievements of Carlos Condit
Mixed martial arts
World Extreme Cagefighting
- WEC Welterweight Championship (One time, Last)
- Three successful title defenses vs. John Alessio, Brock Larson, and Carlo Prater
- Undefeated in the WEC (5-0)
- Fight of the Night (One time) vs. Hiromitsu Miura
Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Interim UFC Welterweight Championship (One time)
- Fight of the Night (Five Times) vs. Rory MacDonald, Georges St-Pierre, Johny Hendricks, Martin Kampmann, and Robbie Lawler
- Knockout of the Night (Two Times) vs. Dan Hardy and Dong Hyun Kim
Rumble on the Rock
- Rumble on the Rock Welterweight Tournament Runner-up
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- 2016 MMA Match of the Year (2016) vs. Robbie Lawler
Who is Carlos Condit Married to?
Carlos Condit is a married man. He is married to his longtime girlfriend, Seager Marie McCullah. The duo was in an affair for several years. They also had their first child (son) together named Owen, in March 2010. As of today, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances. They both support each other at a hard time and their bond is going strong with the passage of time. Talking about his extra affairs, there are no records of it. He is a loyal husband and a responsible father as well. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Carlos Condit?
Carlos Condit is a famous mixed martial artist who has made a huge amount of money through various fights. He is receiving a salary of $110,000 as guaranteed money, $110,000 as a winning bonus, and $10,000 as a promotional bonus in Preliminary Card Fight. His major source of wealth comes from a fighting career and he is satisfied with his earnings as of today. As of 2020, the net worth of Carlos Condit is estimated to have $750 thousand as per sources. His total career earnings is $2,476,500 so far.
How tall is Carlos Condit?
Carlos Condit is a 36-year handsome man with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him. He stands tall at the height of 6 ft 1 in or 1.85 m. His balanced bodyweight consists of 170.5 lb or 77 Kg or 12 st 3 lb. His highest reach is 75.5 in or 192 cm. His body build is athletic. Fighting against Tyron Woodley, Woodley hurt Condit during a takedown attempt. As soon as the referee stood them up for inactivity, T-Wood landed a brutal right low kick which visible dislocated Condit’s leg and won the fight via TKO. Condit suffered torn ACL and partially torn meniscus, he had to undergo surgery and make around a year break from fighting. His other body measurements such as chest size, waist size, bicep size, shoe size, and more are still to get unfold yet. He maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercise. He has also inked tattoos in his body.