Margaret Claire Hoover, popularly known as Margaret Hoover is an American conservative political commentator, political strategist, media personality, and author. She is best known as the great-granddaughter of the 31st U.S. President, Herbert Hoover. She hosts PBS’s reboot of the conservative interview show Firing Line. She is also the author of the book, American Individualism: How A New Generation of Conservatives Can Save the Republican Party.
She has over 15.6k followers on Instagram and over 47k followers on Twitter.
What is Margaret Hoover famous for?
- The great-granddaughter of Herbert Hoover, the 31st U.S. President.
- Hosts PBS’s reboot of the conservative interview show Firing Line.
Where is Margaret Hoover From?
Margaret Hoover was born on 11 December 1977. Her birth name is Margaret Claire Hoover. Her birth place is in Colorado in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She was born to a father, Andrew Hoover, and a mother, Jean Williams. She is the great-granddaughter of Herbert Hoover, the 31st U.S. President. Her grandfather is Allan Hoover. She belongs to White ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Graland Country Day School in Denver. After high school, she attended Bryn Mawr College. She graduated from Bryn Mawr with a bachelor’s of arts degree in Spanish literature with a minor in political science in 2001. She also attended Davidson College for two years. However, she dropped college without graduating.
Margaret Hoover Career
- Margaret Hoover worked as an Associate Director of Intergovernmental Affairs for the George W. Bush administration.
- She also worked on George W. Bush’s reelection campaign.
- She worked as Deputy Finance Director for Rudy Giuliani’s presidential bid in 2006-07.
- She then worked as a staffer on Capitol Hill for Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart.
- She also worked as an Advisor to the Deputy Secretary at the Department of Homeland Security.
- She worked as a Fox contributor from 2008 to 2012. She appeared on Bill O’Reilly’s The O’Reilly Factor. She talks about entertainment, Hollywood, popular culture, and politics.
- She has been a political contributor to CNN since 2012.
- She is the author of the book American Individualism: How A New Generation of Conservatives Can Save the Republican Party. The book was published by Crown Forum in 2011.
- She started hosting Firing Line on WNET in June 2018.
Margaret Hoover Husband
Margaret Hoover is a married woman. She is married to John Avlon. Avlon is a fellow CNN contributor and a former Rudy Giuliani’s speechwriter, senior columnist for Newsweek, and former Editor-In-Chief of The Daily Beast. The couple has two children together. Their first child, a son, Jack, was born in 2013, and their second child, a daughter, Toula Lou, was born in 2015.
Margaret Hoover Height
Margaret Hoover stands at a height of 5 feet and 7 inches tall. She has a slim body build. She has an average body weight of 54 kg. Her sexual orientation is straight. Her eye color is gray and her hair color is blonde. Her body measurements are 46-26-36 inches.
Margaret Hoover Net Worth
Margaret Hoover makes enough from her career. She is a political contributor at CNN and hosts PBS’s reboot of the conservative interview show, Firing Line. She receives a decent salary from her journalism career. She is also an author and has released a book in 2011. She has also worked for the Bush administration. Her net worth is not available at present.