Charlbi Dean was a South African actress and model who was best known for her roles in the “Spud” films (2010–2013) as well as the superhero drama series “Black Lightning” (2018) and the Palme d’Or winner “Triangle of Sadness” (2022). She began modeling at the age of six, appearing in commercials and catalogs. She signed with Alfa Model Management when she was 12.
How did Charlbi Dean die?
Dean died suddenly in New York City on 29th August 2022 at 32, ahead of the Triangle of Sadness wide release, from what was described as a sudden illness. Peter Bradshaw of The Guardian wrote “Charlbi Dean was a true star-in-the-making. Her loss is a huge one… [she] had a singular style and enormous promise.” Her brother Alex shared the news of her passing on Instagram. She dies at 32 in New York City, the USA.
What was Charlbi Dean Famous For?
- Being an actress and model from the USA.
- For her role as Syonide on the CW comic book series Black Lightning.
Where was Charlbi Dean From?
Charlbi Dean was born on 5th February 1990. She was from Cape Town, South Africa. She held South African nationality and her ethnicity was mixed. Her birth name was Charlbi Dean Kriek. For the last time, she celebrated her 32nd birthday. She was the daughter of Joanne (née Muller) and Johan Kriek. S. She has a brother namely, Alex. She was homeschooled from the age of 14. She traveled between Cape Town, where she attended Waterfront Theatre School, and the likes of Tokyo, New York, and London for her career.
Charlbi Dean Career Timeline
- Charlbi Dean began her modeling career at the age of 6.
- She started appearing in commercials and catalogs.
- After that, she signed with Alfa Model Management when she was 12.
- In 2010, she made her acting debut in the film adaptation of “Spud” as Amanda, a role she would reprise in the sequel “Spud 2: The Madness Continues”.
- In 2017, she went on to star in the film “Don’t Sleep”.
- After a year, she starred in “An Interview with God”.
- Next, she landed the role of Syonide, a recurring character she played for two seasons of the DC Universe series “Black Lightning”.
- In February 2020, it was announced she had joined the cast of Ruben Östlund’s satirical film “Triangle of Sadness”, whi premiered at the 2022 Cannes Film Festival and won the Palme d’Or.
Who was Charlbi Dean Engaged to?
Charlbi Dean was an engaged lady to her fiance, Luke Volker. Luke is a model by profession. Before the sudden demise of Charlbi, the duo was living a happy life and they are planning to get married soon. Her sexual orientation was straight.
How tall was Charlbi Dean?
Charlbi Dean was a beautiful lady with a height of 5 feet 8 inches. Her body weight consisted of 60 Kg. Her hair color was light brown and her eye color was hazel. In October 2008, she alongside fellow model Ashton Schnehage survived a car crash. She was hospitalized at Milnerton Medi-Clinic and received life-saving surgery, the scars from which she later sported at an AMI Alexandre Mattiussi fashion show. Her injuries include a broken wrist, four broken ribs, and a collapsed lung. She took a break from her career after the accident. Her body type was slim.
How much was Charlbi Dean Net Worth?
Charlbi Dean was a well-renowned actress and model whose net worth was estimated to have $1.5 Million. His main source of wealth was from the entertainment industry. She has not stated anything about her salary. She was living a comfortable lifestyle prior to her death.
Leave a Reply