Chris Stapleton is an American country singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer who is well known for writing hit songs including “Never Wanted Nothing More” and “Come Back Song”. Having his carer started since 2001, Stapleton has written over 170 songs out of which 6 are no. 1 country songs.
For his marvelous works, he has also been awarded several awards including 5 Grammy Awards, 7 Academy of Country Music(ACM) Awards, and 10 Country Music Association(CMA) Awards. Stapleton initially was a lead singer in two bands called “The SteelDrivers” and “The Jompson Brothers”, before he started his solo career.
Stapleton’s debut album was a triple platinum-certified album, “Traveller”(2015), which reached number one on the US Billboard 200. This was followed by his second and third studio album, “From A Room: Volume 1″(2017), “From A Room: Volume 2″(2017). His fourth studio album, “Starting Over”, would be released on November 13, 2020.
Well known for his wide range of musical styles, which include country music, Southern rock, and bluegrass, Stapleton is quite active on social media sites with over 1.4 million followers on Instagram: @chrisstapleton.
What is Chris Stapleton Famous for?
- Famous as a Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter.
- Also known for his hit songs, “Never Wanted Nothing More” and “Come Back Song”.
Where was Chris Stapleton Born?
Chris Stapleton was born on April 15, 1978, in Lexington, Kentucky, United States. His birth name is Christopher Alvin Stapleton. His nationality is American. Stapleton belongs to White ethnicity while Aries is his zodiac sign.
Chris Stapleton was born as one of the three children to his well-to-do-parents: Carol J. Mace(mother) and Herbert Joseph Stapleton, Jr.(father). His mother, Carol, worked at the local health department while his father, Herbert was a coal miner. His father belonged to a family of coal miners who died in 2013. Chris grew up along with his two siblings: an older brother, Herbert Joseph III, and younger sister, Melanie Brooke in the small town of Staffordsville, Kentucky.
Chris attended Johnson Central High School where he played football and was his class salutatorian. After high school graduation, Chris attended Vanderbilt University, where he studied engineering but dropped out after a year. He began his career initially being a part of a Travis Tritt tribute band in 1999 and soon moved to Nashville, Tennessee in 2001 to become a songwriter.
Chris Stapleton’s Career Highlights
- Chris Stapleton started his career after he signed a contract with Sea Gayle Music publishing house.
- In 2007, he became the frontman for the bluegrass group, “The Steeldrivers”. The band has recorded four albums and one independent live album. With Stapleton the band had two hit records; each peaked at number 2 on the bluegrass chart.
- Stapleton founded a Southern rock band called “The Jompson Brothers” in 2010. The band included members: Stapleton, Greg McKee, J.T. Cure, Bard McNamee.
- They even performed the opening act for the Zac Brown Band and also has released a self-titled album independently in November 2010.
- After leaving the group, Stapleton signed to Mercury Nashville to start his solo career.
- His first single, “What Are You Listening To?”, was released in October 2013.
- Stapleton’s debut solo album, “Traveller”, was released on May 5, 2015, by the Recording Industry Association of America(RIAA). For the album, he even won three awards.
- In December 2015, Stapleton received the 2015 CMT Artists of the Year Breakout award during a live performance at the annual CMT Artists of the Year show.
- In 2016, Stapleton along with his wife Morgane contributed the track, “You Are My Sunshine”.
- He collaborated with Jake Owen on the song “If He Ain’t Gonna Love You” on Owen’s album American Love.
- His second album titled, “From A Room: Volume 1” was released on May 5, 2017, which included “Either Way” as its single. It became the best-selling country album of the year.
- His third studio album From A Room: Volume 2 was released on December 1, 2017, both of the albums debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 charts.
- On August 28, 2020, Stapleton released a new single titled “Starting Over”.
- His fourth studio album, “Starting Over”, would be released on November 13, 2020.
- Many of the songs written by Stapleton have been included on the soundtracks of popular movies; “Valentine’s Day”, “Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip”, and “Hell or High Water”.
- He has co-written six number-one country songs including Kenny Chesney’s “Never Wanted Nothing More”, Josh Turner’s “Your Man”, George Strait’s “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright”, and Luke Bryan’s “Drink a Beer”.
- Stapleton co-wrote three songs for Justin Timberlake’s studio album, “Man of the Woods”(2018).
- On October 23, 2020, Stapleton released his latest song titled “Arkansas”.
- 5 Grammy Awards
- 7 Academy of Country Music Awards
- 10 Country Music Association Awards
- 5 Billboard Music Awards
- 2 iHeartRadio Music Awards
- 9 ASCAP Country Awards
Chris Stapleton’s Wife
Chris Stapleton is married to his only wife, Morgane Stapleton. Morgane is also an American singer-songwriter whose first songwriting credits were for the Byron Hill songs, “Bad For The Heart” and “Wings Of Your Love.” She also co-wrote Carrie Underwood’s 2006 single “Don’t Forget to Remember Me”. Morgane also worked as a background, harmony, and duet vocalist at Stapleton’s band, “The Jompson Brothers”. She was also instrumental in the creation of Chris’ debut album, “Traveller”.
The couple met when they were working at adjacent publishing houses and soon after began dating. Their love story is also compared to Johnny and June. They got married in 2007 and are blessed with five children including twin boys Macon and Samuel. Currently, the couple is living with their five children in Nashville.
Chris Stapleton’s Net Worth
Chris Stapleton has quite good earnings from his professional career as a country singer also as a songwriter. Having his career started in 2001, Stapleton has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the prominent country musicians in the world. With his earnings from his several written, co-writer, produced, and recorded songs and albums, Chris has managed to amass a healthy fortune worth $12 million.
Chris Stapleton’s Height
Chris Stapleton is a handsome guy with a well maintained average healthy body physique in his 40s. With his marvelous vocals and his charming personality, Stapleton has managed to win several hearts all around the world. He stands tall with a height of 6ft. 1inch.(1.85m) while his body weighs around 78kg(172 lbs).
He has a fair complexion with light brown long hair and blue eyes.