Kendra Scott is an American fashion designer who is well known as the founder, chairman, CEO, and lead designer of popular jewelry and accessories company, “Kendra Scott, LLC”. The company under her name has more than a hundred jewelry and home decor stores across the world. With the opening of her first business, “The Hat Box”, Scott has managed to come a long way up building a billion-dollar Jewelry Empire with just $500 back then in the early 2000s.
With her net worth estimated to be around $500 million, she has been enlisted Forbes’ list of America’s Richest Self-Made Women ahead of Beyoncé, Ellen DeGeneres, and Taylor Swift. She was named Ernst & Young’s National Entrepreneur of the Year in 2017 and also had received the 2013 Lady Bird Johnson Humanitarian of the Year Award.
Not only she has got chances in her career but also in her personal life as she achieved the height of success when she was a divorced mother of two children back then. Currently, Scott has been quite a known name in social media sites as she has over 1 million followers on Instagram @kendrascott.
What is Kendra Scott Famous for?
- Famous as the founder of a jewelry company, “Kendra Scott, LLC”.
- Known as one of the self-made millionaire women.
Source: [email protected]
Where was Kendra Scott Born?
Kendra Scott was born on March 27, 1974, in Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States. Her birth name is Kendra L Baumgartner. Her nationality is American. Scott belongs to White ethnicity while Aries is her zodiac sign.
Born and raised in her hometown, Kenosha, Wisconsin, Kendra moved to Houston, Texas along with her family at age of 16. She attended Klein High School in Texas from where she got graduated and later joined Texas A&M University which she reportedly joined following the place where her crush also studied but she dropped out after attending just a year.
At age of 19, soon after she dropped out, she moved to Austin to help her ill stepfather. There she started her first business, “The Hat Box” specially designed for women during chemotherapy treatment. Amount earned from her pieces, she donated a portion of it to cancer research. Before starting her own business, Scott started making jewelry from home in Austin, Texas.
Kendra Scott’s Career Highlights
- Kendra Scott began her professional career when she founded Kendra Scott LLC in 2002. It is a jewelry and accessories company initially established in Austin. she designed her first collection with $500 in the spare bedroom of her home.
- Currently, her brand encompasses fashion jewelry, fine jewelry, home accessories, nail lacquer, and beauty products.
- She went through a lot of works as she walked store to store around Austin, selling to local boutiques.
- Her designs were even chosen and were shown at the Oscar de la Renta’s Spring 2006 Runway Show. It also appeared in Randolph Duke’s 2007 runway show.
- She opened her first retail store in Austin on Austin’s South Congress Avenue in 2010.
- She also began her e-commerce business and launched the brand’s Color Bar experience the same year.
- Her second store was opened on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills in 2011 but was closed soon.
- Just 3 years later, in 2014, Scott opened stores around the South and Midwest.
- Within 17 years of the company, Scott has a total of 102 retail stores.
- The company also has hosted more than 10,000 Kendra Gives Back across her store.
- Besides, she also has co-hosted a reality television show called Crowd Rules.
- Scott even had launched the Kendra Cares Program in 2015.
- Currently, Scott appears as one of the judges in season 12 of a popular reality show, “Shark Tank”.
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 National Award
- Breakthrough Award from the Accessories Council Excellence Awards
- Outstanding Mother of the Year by the Mother’s Day Council
- Texas Businesswoman of the Year by the Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- Top 100 Entrepreneurs of the Year by Upstart Business Journal
- 2017 CEO of the Year by the Austin Business Journal
Kendra Scott’s Husband
Kendra Scott has been married two times till 2020. Scott’s first marriage was with John Scott with whom she got married on June 24, 2000. They together have two children: Cade and Beck born in a span of 5 years. However, the couple separated and got divorced on August 22, 2006. When her first son, Cade was born in 2002, she started her business.
After almost 8 years of her divorce, Scott got married for the second time with Austinite Matt Davis. The couple tied the knot in a ceremony held on June 6, 2014, in Sedona, Arizona. The couple together has a child, Grey, and currently are co-parenting Kendra’s children from her previous relationship.
Source: [email protected]
Kendra Scott’s Net Worth
Kendra Scott has quite good earnings from her professional career as a fashion designer and a businesswoman. Having her professional career started in 2002, Scott has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the successful businesswomen.
Scott makes most of her earnings from her own established jewelry company whose value is currently billion dollars. Accumulating amounts from her earning sources, Scott has a whopping net worth estimated to be around $500 million. She has also been enlisted in the Forbes’ list of America’s Richest Self-Made Women. With her multi-million worth fortune, Scott is living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
Back in 2016, she sold a minority stake of her company to the private equity firm Berkshire Partners at a valuation of §1 billion. Since 2010 her company’s program has given away $30 million. Scott also donated $1 million to The University of Texas to launch the Kendra Scott Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership Institute in 2019.
Kendra Scott’s Height
Kendra Scott is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained hour-glass body physique in her 40s. With her marvelous established business venture, Scott has managed to win several hearts all around the US. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 4inch.(1.63m) while her body weighs around 55kg(121 lbs). She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and brown eyes.