Connor Richard Jones Roberts famed as Connor Roberts is a Welsh professional footballer who is playing for Championship side Swansea City (current team) and the Wales national team. His playing position is right back. His shirt number for Swansea City is 23 and his jersey number for Wales National Team is 14. By joining Swansea City’s Youth Academy at the age of 9, his football career began. After that, he has played for Yeovil Town (loan), Bristol Rovers (loan), Middlesbrough (loan) before returning to Swansea City. He received his first call-up to the Wales under-21 side for their 2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualification matches. Playing in UEFA Euro 2020 tournament, he scored the second goal in a 2-0 win against Turkey assisted by Gareth Bale again on 16th June 2021.
Turkey 0-2 Wales, UEFA Euro 2020: Aaron Ramsey and Connor Roberts score in win over Turkey
Aaron Ramsey and Connor Roberts scored as Wales took a huge step towards reaching the last 16 at Euro 2020 with a 2-0 win over Turkey in Baku on Wednesday. Wales, semi-finalists five years ago, moved top of Group A before Italy host Switzerland later in the day in Rome. Captain Gareth Bale missed a penalty before setting up Roberts for his goal during injury time.”We’ve given ourselves a brilliant opportunity tonight,” Ramsey told the BBC. “It (the penalty) was a big moment in the game but we dug in, to a man we left everything out there. That’s what we’ve built our success on.” With this loss, Turkey is facing an uphill challenge to reach the knockout stage after losing their first two Group A matches without scoring.
- Being a Welsh professional footballer.
- Being a right-back player for Swansea City.
What is the Nationality of Connor Roberts?
Born with the real name of Connor Richard Jones Roberts, his born date is 23rd September 1995. His place of birth is Neath, Wales. By nationality he is Welsh and he belongs to Welsh-White ethnicity. His present age is 25 as of 2020. Details about his parents and siblings is unavailable at the moment. His Zodiac sign is Libra and his religion is Christian.
How was the Football Career of Connor Roberts?
- Roberts’s football career began joining the youth team, Swansea City at the age of 9.
- With the team, he also won the 2014-2015 Professional U21 Development League 2 title in his debut professional season and was rewarded with a new two-year contract.
- Additionally, he signed a new three-year contract with Swansea City in September 2016.
- Returning from Bristol Rovers, he linked up with Swansea City Under-23s and also went on to win the 2016-17 Professional U23 Development League 2 title and 2016-17 Premier League Cup.
- On 8th August 2015, he joined Football League Two club Yeovil Town on a one-month loan deal and made his debut later that day in a 3-2 defeat against Exeter City.
- Later, the Glovers extended his loan contract to the end of the 2015-2016 season.
- He also made 54 appearances for Yeovil receiving three Player of the Year Awards.
- He was also voted Young Player of the Year.
- As of August 2016, he joined Football League One club Bristol Rovers on a six-month loan deal.
- He made his debut in a 3-2 victory over Northampton Town on 1st October 2016.
- He also made a further four appearances for the Pirates before returning to Swansea.
- Surprisingly, On 14th July 2017, it was announced that he would be joining Championship club Middlesbrough on a season-long loan deal. Later, he returned to Swansea City.
- He made his debut for Swansea City on 6th January 2018 in the FA Cup 3rd round against Wolverhampton Wanderers scoring his first goal for the club on 29th September 2018 during a 3-0 win.
How was the International Career of Connor Roberts?
- Representing his nation, Roberts has been capped at Wales under-19 level.
- He received his first call-up to the Wales under-21 side for their 2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualification matches in March 2016.
- He made his debut as a second-half substitute in their 2-1 defeat against Romania, on 29th March 2016.
- Then, on 15th March 2018, he was called into the Welsh senior squad for the very first time and made his senior international debut in the China Cup final against the Uruguay national football team in March 2018.
- He was selected for the Wales squad for the delayed UEFA Euro 2020 tournament in May 2021 where he scored the second goal in a 2-0 win against Turkey at Euro 2020, assisted by Gareth Bale again on 16th June 2021.
- 2015-Present – Swansea City
- 2015–2016 – Yeovil Town (loan)
- 2016 – Bristol Rovers (loan)
- 2017-2018 – Middlesbrough (loan)
Who is Connor Roberts Engaged to?
Connor Roberts is not married yet and he is currently engaged to his beautiful long-term girlfriend, Georgina Van Hoof in July 2020. The couple is planning to be husband and wife soon. They are enjoying their present life happily. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Connor Roberts?
Professional footballer, Connor Roberts’s net worth is estimated to have $1 Million – $5 Million as of 2021. As of May 2021, his current market value is £4.05 Million whereas his highest market value is £4.05 Million as of 10th March 2021. He currently earns an annual salary of around $880,000 from the club, Swansea City. He is currently under a contract of three years which expires on 30th June 2022. His weekly wage is 14K Euro. As of today, he is living a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Connor Roberts?
Connor Roberts is a very charming man who has got a great personality. He stands tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 8 in or 1.73 m. His body type is athletic. His weight consist of 71 KG. He frequently does exercise to keep himself fit and fine. Overall, he has got a healthy body. His other body size is unavailable as of today.