Daisy Ridley is an English actress known for her roles in TV and the 2015 mega-budget film ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’. She started her acting career with roles in the TV shows mostly as guest appearances, but her talent was enough to make her a Hollywood favorite in a quick time. Her beginnings were humble and she took professional training for acting from Tring Park School for Performing Arts and graduated when she was 18. Upon passing out of the art school, she mesmerized the theatre audiences with her performances in ‘Dominoes’ and ‘The Boy Friend’.
Apart from acting, Daisy is an accomplished singer with Jazz music as her main genre. She also happens to be a trained dancer. Read on to find out more about her personal life, career, and achievements.
What is Daisy Ridley famous for?
Daisy Ridley is a British actress that is best known on the international stage for playing Rey in director J.J. Abrams Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) and its sequel Star Wars: That Last Jedi (2017). She was named in 2016 People Magazine’s World Most Beautiful List.
Who are the parents of Daisy Ridley?
Recalling her early life, Daisy Ridley was born on in Westminster, London, England. She is the daughter of Louise Fawkner-Corbett and Chris Ridley. She has two sisters and two half-sisters. Her sisters named, Poppy Sophia and Kika Rose, both are older than Ridley. She holds British nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. Her birth sign is Aries.
Regarding her education, She attended the Tring Park School for the Performing Arts, to which she had won a scholarship. Upon graduation, at age eighteen she went to study classical civilization at the University of London. She would not complete her studies and instead dropped out to pursue an acting career.
When did Daisy Ridley begin to start acting?
- Moving towards her career, Some minor television roles marked Daisy’s early career. She appeared in the British medical drama, Casualty, for her acting debut.
- Her next appearance was on the E4 comedy, Youngers. The same year she appeared in an episode of Channel 4’s Toast of London and the independent film, Lifesaver. Lifesaver was nominated for a BAFTA Award.
- The following year, she played Hannah Kennedy in two episodes of Silent Witness. She also appeared in an episode of the period drama Mr. Selfridge, which stars Jeremy Piven.
- Her feature-length film debut came in 2015 as she appeared in the horror thriller, Scrawl. The film is about the comic book drawings of two artists coming to live Ridley plays one of them come to life comic book characters.
- She had previously worked on the comedy film TheInbetweeners 2, but her scenes did not make the final cut for the film’s release. Her breakthrough came in 2014 when she was cast as the lead protagonist in the upcoming Star Wars trilogy. She and the other key actors in the film were mostly unknowns.
- She would play Rey an orphan with an unknown past who has extensive Force powers, but no formal Jedi training. The first movie in the scheduled trilogy, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, was released in 2015. The film was a huge box office smash and grossed over two billion dollars making it the highest-grossing film of 2015 and one of the highest-grossing in the history of film.
- She is set to star again in the second film in the new trilogy which will be released in 2017. The film will see Ridley appear alongside Mark Hamill who plays the iconic Luke Skywalker.
- In January 2018, Daisy starred in the titular role in Ophelia, a reimagining of the Hamlet tale, alongside Naomi Watts and Clive Owen. The project was filmed from April to July 2017 and debuted at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival. She also voiced the role of Cottontail in Peter Rabbit, an adaptation of the children’s stories of the same name by Beatrix Potter.
- In December 2019, Daisy will reprise her role as Rey in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the last film in the sequel trilogy, filming in the summer of 2018. She won’t reprise Rey any more after this film.
Who is Daisy Ridley’s boyfriend?
Reflecting on her personal life, Daisy is dating the famous English actor Tom Bateman. The pair began dating each other since November 2017. The couple has also appeared in the movie called Murder On the Orient Express which made their off-screen relation closer. Though they tried to keep their love life away from the media, their movie director, Judy Hofflund indirectly disclosed their secret.
What is the net worth of Daisy Ridley?
Being a part of the entertainment industry, Daisy eans a decent amount of money and fame from her acting career as ab actress. Based on online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $6 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Daisy Ridley?
Observing her body physics, Daisy stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs about 54 kgs. She has brownish hair and has brownish eyes which enhance her beauty.