Godfrey Gao is a Taiwanese-Canadian model and actor. He shot to fame in 2016 Chinese drama Remembering Wang Lichuan. After that, he has nicknamed the “nation’s husband”. He has appeared in several TV dramas and films. He was the first Asian model to be signed on by the luxury brand Louis Vuitton. He is also the first Asian male to model for the fashion brand, Louis Vuitton. Let’s know more about the actor through this article.
What is Godfrey Gao famous for?
- A Taiwanese-Canadian model and actor.
- He is the first Asian male model for the fashion brand, Louise Vuitton.
- His acting skills in popular films like ‘All About Women’, ‘Toy Story’, and ‘Min & Max’.
Taiwanese-Canadian actor Godfrey Gao dies filming the reality TV show
On 27th November 2019, Apple Daily reported that Godfrey Gao collapsed while in Ningbo filming Chase Me, a sports reality television series broadcast on Zhejiang Television. He was taken to a hospital, where after attempts at resuscitation, he was pronounced dead.
His death was confirmed by his agency JetStar Entertainment on the social media site Sina Weibo, which said in a statement that “in the early hours of Nov. 27th, our beloved Godfrey collapsed while filming on set. Following three hours of rescue efforts, he, unfortunately, left us. We are very shocked and saddened and even until now find it impossible to accept.
As per Taiwan News reported a heart attack as the cause of death. His body will be transported to Taipei on 27th November 2019.
Where is Godfrey Gao born?
Recalling his early life, Godfrey was born in Taipei, Taiwan as Tsao Chih-Hsiang to the Taiwanese father and a Malaysian mother. He holds Taiwanese-Canadian nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. His birth sign is Virgo. He moved to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, during his childhood. Information regarding his siblings is missing.
Regarding his education, he studied at Capilano University in North Vancouver.
When did Godfrey Gao begin to start acting?
- Moving towards his career, Godfrey started his career in the film industry after starring in the 2008 film named All About Women. Since then, he worked in numerous films including Toy Story 3 (2010), Min & Max (2016), My Other Home (2017), Love is a Broadway Hit (2017) Legend of the Ancient Sword (2018), and Shanghai Fortress (2019) among others.
- As for his career in the television industry, he debuted with the 2006 television series named The Kid from Heaven, Love Queen (2006), Bull FIghting (2007), Momo Love (2009), The Queen of SOP (2012), God of War, Zhao Yun (2015), and The Gravity of a Rainbow (2019) among others. Until now, he worked with many stars like Lily Collins, Jamie Campbell Bower, and Robert Sheehan.
Is Godfrey Gao dating someone?
Reflecting on her personal life, Godfrey is possibly single as of now. The actor is currently out of any dating relationship and seems focused on his career. Moreover, it seems like the actor is waiting for the love of his life as he is out of any romantic relationships as of 2019.
What is Godfrey Gao’s net worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry, Godfrey earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame through his profession as a model and actor. Based on online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $3 million at the time of his death. However, his salary is somewhere around $50 Thousand.
How tall is Godfrey Gao?
Before his death, Godfrey stands a height of 6 feet 3 inches and his weight is unknown. He has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of an update, we will let you know.