Daniel Schmidt is a professional American-Japanese footballer. He is currently playing for Belgian First Division A club, Sint-Truiden. His playing position is the goalkeeper. Internationally, he plays for the Japan National Team. He played his first competitive match for Japan on 17 January 2019 in the 2-1 win against Uzbekistan during the 2019 AFC Asian Cup. His shirt number is #21 for his team, Sint-Truiden.
Daniel spent his youth career playing at Tohoku Gakuin Junior High School and Chuo University Football Club. After that, he began his professional career with the club, Vegalta Sendai, Roasso Kumamoto (loan), and Matsumoto Yamaga (loan) before signing with the club, Sint-Truiden.
What is Daniel Schmidt Famous For?
- Daniel Schmidt is a footballer who plays for the Belgian club, Sint-Truiden.
- Daniel is recognized for saving his national team from a desperate pinch by stopping the penalty against Ecuador and was selected as the MOM of the media.
- He can make very accurate passes to forwards.
What is Daniel Schmidt’s Ethnicity?
Daniel Schmidt was born on 3rd February 1992 in Illinois, USA. His real name is Daniel Yuji Yabuki Schmidt. He was born to a German father and a Japanese mother. He holds American-Japanese nationality and his ethnicity is Mixed as his parents are from different nations. The identities of his parents are not available to the public. He celebrated his 30th birthday in 2022.
When he was two, he moved to Sendai. He started his youth career appearing at Tohoku Gakuin Junior High School (2007-2009) and then he attended Chuo University. There, he played for Chuo University Football Club (2010-2013).
For which team, Daniel Schmidt is playing?
- Daniel Schmidt initially played three consecutive seasons as a Special Designated Player for the team, Kawasaki Frontale.
- Next, he entered the professional ranks in 2013.
- Later, he signed for Vegalta Sendai, but Schmidt played his first pro match during a one-month loan to the team, Roasso Kumamoto in April 2014.
- After playing his first-ever game with Vegalta in J. League Cup, he was again loaned to Roasso, this time until the end of the 2015 season.
- His third loan was established in 2016, this time to Matsumoto Yamaga.
- During his 2017-2018-2019 season, he played for Vegalta Sendai in J1 League.
- In 2019, he finally transferred overseas.
- At present, he plays as a goalkeeper for Belgian First Division A club Sint-Truiden.
Daniel Schmidt International Career
- On 30th August 2018, he received his first international call-up from the Japan national football team for the Kirin Challenge Cup 2018.
- He made his debut appearance in a friendly match against Venezuela on 16 November 2018.
- He played his first competitive match for Japan on 17 January 2019 in the 2-1 win against Uzbekistan during the 2019 AFC Asian Cup.
- In September 2022, he saved the team from a desperate pinch by stopping the penalty against Ecuador and was selected as the MOM of the media. It was also the number one trend on Twitter.
Daniel Schmidt Transfer News
- Sint-Truidense VV on 17 Jul 2019
- Vegalta Sendai on 30 Jan 2017 at the end of the loan
- Matsumoto Yamaga FC 31 Jan 2016 on loan
- Vegalta Sendai on 30 Jan 2016 at the end of the loan
- Roasso Kumamoto on 31 May 2015 on loan
- Vegalta Sendai on 18 May 2014 at the end of the loan
- Roasso Kumamoto on 19 Apr 2014 on loan
- Vegalta Sendai on 31 Dec 2013 for free
- Chuo University on 30 Dec 2012 at the end of the loan
- Kawasaki Frontale on 22 Mar 2012 on loan
- Chuo University on 30 Dec 2011 at the end of the loan
- Kawasaki Frontale on 8 Mar 2011 on loan
- Chuo University on 30 Dec 2010 at the end of the loan
- Kawasaki Frontale on 31 Jul 2010 on Loan
- Chuo University on 31 Mar 2010 From High School (J) for free
Is Daniel Schmidt Married?
Daniel Schmidt is a married man when it comes to his marital status. Whereas Daniel has not revealed the name of his spouse. He has not made a single post about his wife in the media. The duo is the proud parents of two kids, both daughters. The name of their children is also unavailable at the moment. He shares a strong bond with his two daughters and his wife. The family is living a happy life right now.
What is Daniel Schmidt’s Net Worth?
Daniel Schmidt is a professional footballer who is playing for the team, Sint-Truiden. As of 2022, the net worth of Daniel is estimated to have $3 Million. He made this fortune from his football career. A report has said that a goalkeeper has an average salary of $51,479. Annually, he is making his salary of around $1 Million. Apart from earning from being a footballer, he is also making some profit from sponsorship and endorsement deals. He is associated with Puma and may earn a fair profit working with the company. His current and highest market value is €1.20 Million. Today, he is living a cool and comfortable lifestyle from his professional career.
How tall is Daniel Schmidt?
Daniel Schmidt stands at a height of 1.97 m. He has a well-maintained body weight of 88 kg. He frequently hits the gym to maintain his body. His hair color is black and he has a pair of brown eyes. He has a very charming smile with a small dimple on his cheeks. His body type is athletic.
Leave a Reply