Jesús Manuel Corona is a Mexican professional footballer. He plays for the La Liga club Sevilla and the Mexico national team. His playing position is a winger. With the team, Monterrey, Corona began his career in 2010 playing with the club for three years before moving abroad. He transferred to the Dutch club FC Twente and played with its reserve team as well. He joined Porto in 2015, garnering 287 appearances and winning three Primeira Liga titles in his seven seasons with the club. On 13th January 2022, he joined La Liga side Sevilla on a three-and-a-half-year deal. His shirt number is #9 for his team, Sevilla.
Jesús has represented his nation at the international level as well. He was part of the national squad that won the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup. He has also represented his country at the 2018 FIFA World Cup, the 2021 Gold Cup, and at two Copa América tournaments. He was naturalized as a Portuguese citizen in August 2021, allowing him to play freely for any team in the European Union.
He was nicknamed Tecatito during his early years at Monterrey. The name Tecatito is a reference to the beer brand Tecate. Likewise, his surname ‘Corona’ is the name of the beer company that is considered a competitor to Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma Brewery, which owns Tecate. So, he was nicknamed “Tecatito”.
Jesús Manuel Corona Known For
- Jesús Manuel Corona is a Mexican footballer.
- Jesús is known for currently playing with the La Liga club, Sevilla.
Where is Jesús Manuel Corona From?
Jesús Manuel Corona opened his eyes on 6th January 1993. He is from Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico. Jesús Manuel Corona Ruíz is his birth name. He holds Mexican-Portuguese nationality and his ethnicity is Mexican-Mestizo. He cut his 29th birthday cake on January 6, 2022. He was born to a lower-middle-class family to his father, Narciso Corona (businessman), and his mother, Martha Elena Ruiz. At first, Corona learned football from his father. Some rumors are claiming that Jesus has one younger sister and an elder brother.
At the age of 15, he was scouted by a number of clubs, including Brazilian side Santos FC, however due to his family’s reluctance to see him move abroad at such a young age. His birth sign is Capricorn and he follows Christianity religion. He has never mentioned where he completed his high school degree.
Jesús Manuel Corona Football Career
- Corona started his football career at the age of six playing for various local youth teams.
- He then began his professional career by joining C.F. Monterrey.
- At the age of 17, he made his senior team debut on 7th August 2010 against Atlante.
- He scored his first goal for Monterrey on 7 October 2011 against Tecos.
- It was announced on 22nd August 2013 stating that Corona was transferred to Dutch side F.C. Twente, for whom he signed a four-year contract.
- He started the 2014 season with Twente’s reserve team.
- He finished his second season with the senior team with a career-best of 9 goals.
- On 31st August 2016, Twente announced the transfer of Corona to Portuguese club, Porto, on a four-year deal for €10.5 million, with a €50 million buy-out clause.
- He scored two goals on his Primeira Liga debut on 12th September against FC Arouca.
- With the team, he played against Moreirense, Belenenses, Lokomotiv Moscow, and Schalke 04.
- In March 2019, he signed a contract extension with Porto, keeping him at the club until 2022.
- On 13th January 2022, he joined La Liga side Sevilla on a three-and-a-half-year deal.
- On 18th August 2022, he suffered a major injury in training. He underwent surgery and is expected to be out of action between four and five months.
Jesús Manuel Corona International Career
- Moving to his international career, he began his national team career with the under-20 side, participating in the 2011 and 2012 editions of the Milk Cup.
- He was called up by coach Sergio Almaguer to participate in the 2013 CONCACAF U-20 Championship.
- He was a squad member at the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup hosted in Turkey.
- He was selected by Almaguer, this time to participate in the 2013 Toulon Tournament.
- He was called up by Miguel Herrera to play with the senior national team in 2014.
- He made his debut against the Dutch on 12th November.
- He was a member of Mexico’s 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup winning squad, scoring his first competitive international goal in the 3–1 win over Jamaica in the Final.
- In 2016, he earned a call-up to the Copa América Centenario.
- In May 2018, he was named in Mexico’s preliminary 28-man squad for the World Cup, and in June, was subsequently named in the final 23-man roster.
- He appeared as a substitute in the group-stage matches against South Korea and Sweden.
Awards and Achievements
- Mexican Primera División: Apertura 2010
- CONCACAF Champions League: 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13
- Primeira Liga: 2017–18, 2019–20, 2021–22
- Taça de Portugal: 2019–20, 2021–22
- Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2018, 2020
- Milk Cup: 2012
- CONCACAF U-20 Championship: 2013
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: 2015
- CONCACAF Cup: 2015
- Milk Cup Best Player: 2012
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Best Young Player: 2015
- CONCACAF Best XI: 2015
- CONCACAF Goal of the Year: 2016
- Primeira Liga Goal of the Month: January 2020
- Primeira Liga Player of the Year: 2019–20
- Primeira Liga Team of the Year: 2019–20
- FC Porto Player of the Year: 2019–20
- Sevilla on 13 Jan 2022 for the fee of 3M €
- FC Porto on 30 Aug 2015 for the fee of 10.5M €
- FC Twente on 25 Aug 2013 for the fee of 3.5M €
- Monterrey on 30 Jun 2011 From Monterrey U20
Who is Jesús Manuel Corona Girlfriend?
Jesús Manuel Corona is a married man. He tied the knot to his long-term girlfriend, Gabriela GV. The couple is blessed with a son. Jesus and Gabriella celebrated their son’s fifth birthday in 2020, which means he was born in 2015. Due to some complications that his wife faced they had to lose their second child. Gabriella then gave birth to a baby girl later. The family is living a happy life at present. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Jesús Manuel Corona making annually?
Jesús Manuel Corona is a professional footballer who has accumulated the net worht of $2 million as of 2022. He gets a salary from both F.C. Sevilla and the Mexican National Team. He is making his annual salary in between $500K-$1 Million at present. On 13 January 2022, Corona joined La Liga side Sevilla on a three-and-a-half-year deal. Back then, he earns $170,000 per month from F.C. Porto. His main source of wealth comes from his football career.
Furthermore, the Nike brand has partnered with Corona. They give him a certain amount of money monthly. He is also the brand ambassador of Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma Brewery’s beer Tecatito, which is his nickname. His present market value is €18 Million as of 2022 whereas his highest market value was €30 Million as of 2022. He is living a lavish lifestyle at present. He has a home in Sonora, Mexico.
Jesús Manuel Corona Height and Weight
Jesús Manuel Corona is a cool and handsome footballer with an athletic body type. He stands at a height of 1.74 m, and his body weight consists of 62 kg. He has light black pair of eyes and his hair color is dark black. He has got a healthy body at present. He is a speedy player and his speed is impressive. FC Porto’s coach said, “Corona runs like a horse; he is improving more and more.” His body measurements are 36-24-29 in. His biceps size is 14 inches. He is a tattoo lover. He likes to make tattoos on his body. Jesus has recently made a tattoo on his hand, which represents his dedication to family.
Leave a Reply