De’Andre James Hunter famed as De’Andre Hunter is an American professional basketball player. He is playing for the current team, Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). His playing position is small forward. He played college basketball for the Virginia Cavaliers and was named NABC Defensive Player of the Year for 2019. During his freshman season at Virginia, he was named to the ACC All-Freshman Team and named the ACC Sixth Man of the Year. He scored a college career-high of 27 points in the 2019 NCAA Championship Game and became a lottery pick in the NBA after his redshirt sophomore season, despite being ranked outside the top 100 as a high school recruit. On 20th June 2019, he was drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers with the 4th overall pick in the 2019 NBA draft, and then traded to the New Orleans Pelicans in the Anthony Davis trade, and then again to the Atlanta Hawks. On 7th July 2019, the Atlanta Hawks announced that they had signed with Hunter. He made his debut in NBA, started in a 117-100 win over the Detroit Pistons with fourteen points and two rebounds on 24th October 2019.
- Being an American professional basketball.
- Being small forward for Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Who are the Parents of De’Andre Hunter?
On 2nd December 1997, De’Andre Hunter was born. His place of birth is Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the USA. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is African-American. His race is black. His present age is 23 as of 2020. His birth name is De’Andre James Hunter. Sagittarius is his Zodiac sign & his religion is Christian. About his parents, he was born to his father, Aaron Hunter Sr. and his wife, Priscilla Hunter. His father, Aaron Hunter Sr. passed away when DeAndre was seven years old, per Cavalier Insider. He also has three siblings; Aaron (brother), Candice (sister), and Cheyanne (sister).
About his education, he attended Friends’ Central School in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania. As a junior, he averaged 21.6 points, 11.0 rebounds, and 5.0 assists per game, while being named Pennsylvania Class AA Player of the Year. As a senior in 2016, he averaged 23.5 points, 9.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists, and 2.5 blocks per game. He attended the University of Virginia (2017-2019). During his redshirt freshman season, he scored double figures in 16 games, including in 11 conference games. He scored the final 3 pointers to win the game at the buzzer against Louisville. He broke his wrist during the 2018 ACC tournament and could not play in the 2018 NCAA tournament. He was named to the All-ACC All-Freshman team, as well as being named the ACC Sixth man of the year. He posted 9.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game during his freshman season. He averaged 15.2 points per game and 5.1 rebounds per game in his sophomore season where he leads Virginia to another #1 seed in the 2019 NCAA Tournament. Virginia would win the 2019 Championship game 85-77 behind Hunter’s 27 points and 9 rebounds, including a game-tying 3 with 12.9 seconds left in regulation.
How was the Professional Career of De’Andre Hunter?
- De’Andre Hunter announced his intention to forgo his final two seasons of collegiate eligibility and declare for the 2019 NBA draft, where he was taken 4th overall by the Los Angeles Lakers and later traded to the Atlanta Hawks.
- He was drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers with the 4th overall pick in the 2019 NBA draft on 20th June 2019.
- Later, he was traded to the New Orleans Pelicans in the Anthony Davis trade, and then again to the Atlanta Hawks along with Solomon Hill in exchange for picks Nos. 8, 17, and 35 in the 2019 NBA draft.
- The Atlanta Hawks announced that they had signed with Hunter on 7th July 2019.
- He made his debut in NBA, started in a 117-100 win over the Detroit Pistons with fourteen points and two rebounds on 24th October 2019.
- He then began the 2020-21 season in the starting lineup for the Hawks where he recorded a career-high of 33 points against the Milwaukee Bucks on 24th January 2021.
- He suffered a knee injury in a game against the Wizards in his 18th appearance of the season.
- He returned for the Hawks in a May 10 game against the Wizards in a limited capacity. In the final game of the regular season, he logged 24 minutes, scoring 14 points.
Awards and Achievements
- NCAA champion (2019)
- Second-team All-American – NABC (2019)
- Third-team All-American – AP, USBWA, SN (2019)
- NABC Defensive Player of the Year (2019)
- First-team All-ACC (2019)
- ACC Defensive Player of the Year (2019)
- ACC Sixth Man of the Year (2018)
- ACC All-Freshman Team (2018)
Who is De’Andre Hunter Dating?
De’Andre Hunter is not married yet and he is still to get married. At present, he is not dating anyone. Thus, he has no girlfriend at a moment. Hunter is silent when it comes to his personal life. He has not mentioned anything about his relationship details and past affairs to the media. However, he is enjoying his present life happily and he is also focusing on his career. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of De’Andre Hunter?
The net worth of De’Andre Hunter is estimated to have between $1 Million – $5 Million. He has a contract with the Atlanta Hawks that is worth $14.5 million guaranteed. His deal could possibly be worth $32 million through four years. He will be a restricted free agent in 2023. He has also signed a multi-year deal with Nike back in August 2019. He signed a 2-year, $14.5 million deal with the Atlanta Hawks in 2019. His basic salary for the 2021-2022 season is$7,422,000, for the 2021-2022 season is $7,775,400, for the 2022-23 season is $9,835,881. Back in the 2019-2020 season, his basic salary is $7,068,360. His major source of wealth comes from his basketball career and he is satisfied with his earnings. He is living a cool lifestyle.
How tall is De’Andre Hunter?
Handsome basketball player, De’Andre Hunter has a tall height of 6 ft 8 in or 2.03 in and his balanced weight consists of 225 lbs or 102 Kg. His body type is athletic. His hair color and eye color, both are black. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him.