Eve Hewson is an Irish actress who is the daughter of the singer Bono. She made her theatrical film debut as Stella in “The 27 Club” in 2008 and later got to prominence by appearing in the 2011 drama film “This Must Be the Place”. Since then, she appeared in hit films including “Bridge of Spies”, “The True Adventures of Wolfboy”, “Tesla”, and more.
Eve made her TV show debut in an episode of the talk show, The Late Late Show, in 2003. She then rose to fame with her role as Nurse Lucy Elkins in the 2014 Steven Soderbergh series “The Knick“. After that, she starred in the miniseries “The Luminaries” in 2020 followed by the Netflix miniseries “Behind Her Eyes” in 2021. In 2022, she played Becka in the Apple TV+ series “Bad Sisters”
What is Eve Hewson Famous For?
- Eve Hewson is an actress from Dublin, Ireland.
- Eve is famous for playing the role of Mary in the 2011 drama movie, “This Must Be the Place”, and for playing the character of nurse Lucy Elkins in Steven Soderbergh’s TV series, “The Knick“.
- She is also popular for being the daughter of U2 lead singer Paul David Hewson also known as Bono.
Who are the Parents of Eve Hewson?
Eve Hewson was born on July 7, 1991, to her father, Paul David Hewson (Bono), and her mother, Ali Hewson in Dublin, Ireland. Her full name Memphis Eve Sunny Day Hewson was given to her by her parents. She was named Eve because she was born at 7 am on 7 July. So, her first name, “eve”, has been taken from the middle of the word “seven”. Her dad is an Irish singer-songwriter, activist, and philanthropist whereas her mum is an activist. She grew up with three siblings – Jordan Hewson (Older Sister), Elijah Hewson (Younger Brother), and John Hewson (Younger Brother). Her parents initially were against her acting career but later they had volte-face. Cancer is her zodiac sign and she is a believer in Christianity religion.
The 31-year-old actress, Eve is Irish when it comes to her nationality whereas she belongs to Mixed ethnicity as she has Irish and Scottish roots. She attended the Dalkey School Project and St. Andrew’s College in Dublin. She later went to New York University from where she graduated on 22 May 2013. Her father, Bono, declined an honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from NYU on the same day. She has stated: “I don’t get handed money—and I never will. I have to work!”, and “I get called Memphis Eve, but my first name is Eve. I know Memphis is in there somewhere, but on my passport, I’m Eve Sunny Day Hewson”.
Eve Hewson Acting Career
- Eve Hewson made her acting debut in 2005 with her sister, Jordan in the short film “Lost and Found.” Later, in 2008, she made her feature-length debut in “The 27 Club.” After that, she appeared in the music video and accompanying short film for Irish band The Script’s song “For the First Time” in 2010.
- In 2013, the actress portrayed Yvonne in the thriller film “Blood Ties”. Next, she appeared in the romantic comedy film Enough Said in September 2013. In the film, she portrayed the role of the daughter of James Gandolfini’s character Albert.
- Likewise, she co-starred in Steven Soderbergh’s Cinemax TV series “The Knick” (2014-2015). She also starred as Carol Donovan in Steven Spielberg’s Cold War movie “Bridge of Spies” in October 2015.
- In the 2018 film “Robin Hood”, she played Maid Marian and also, and she can be seen in the 2019 Netflix psychological thriller miniseries “Behind Her Eyes” which premiered in 2021.
- She starred as Rose in the 2019 film “The True Adventures of Wolfboy” and as Anne Morgan in the 2020 film “Tesla”.
- In addition, she starred as Anna Wetherell in the drama “The Luminaries” in 2020. She plays Anna Wetherell, a young woman who migrates to the country’s South Island and is soon trafficked into the sex trade.
- Most recently, in 2022, Eve starred as Becka in the 2022 TV series “Bad Sisters”.
Is Eve Hewson Dating Someone?
Eve Hewson is an unmarried woman. She seems to be single right now and she is focusing on her career. She has no plans of getting married or having kids at present. She is enjoying her single life happily and she loves to keep her personal life out of the spotlight. She is straight as per her sexual orientation. She lives in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
In the past, the actress dated actor James Lafferty in 2010, and the couple was in a relationship that lasted for around 4 years. The duo split in July 2015. After their separation, Eve was rumored to be in a relationship with The Social Network actor Max Minghella in 2015. The pair were photographed together wandering the streets of New York back in July 2015. Both of them remained quiet when asked about their relationship.
What is Eve Hewson’s Net Worth?
Eve Hewson is a renowned and celebrated actress who has accumulated a net worth of $12 million as of 2022. Her annual salary is above $1 million and her monthly income is over $100K. She lives a lavish lifestyle from her career earnings that she makes from appearing in movies and shows. She has given some of the super hit shows to the industry and resulting in getting a good amount of money for her acting performances. Her main source of welath comes from the entertainment industry. She also makes money from brand promotions and endorsements because of her popularity. At present, she is satisfied with her career earnings.
What is Eve Hewson Height?
Eve Hewson, the beautiful actress, has a tall height of 5 ft 1 in or 155 cm and her well-maintained body weight consists of 49 kg or 108 lbs. She has a natural dark brown hair color whereas her eye color blue. She has sharp facial features. She has got a slim body type with an attractive personality.