Felicity Kendal is an English theatre and TV actress. She has appeared in numerous stage and screen roles over a more than 70-year career.She came to huge fame with the role of Barbara in the 1975 television series “The Good Life.” The role earned her a BAFTA nomination for Best Light Entertainment Performance. She acted in her first London stage production, Minor Murder, in 1967. began her acting career in the 1960s, with her first major role being in the West End production of “The Relapse” in 1968. She then went on to appear in several other stage productions, including “The Vortex” and “Hay Fever”. She appeared in numerous British television series and films, such as “The Camomile Lawn”, “The Real Thing” and “The Life and Loves of a She-Devil”. Her memoirs, titled “White Cargo”, were published in 1998.
What is Felicity Kendal Famous For?
- Felicity Kendal is an actress from England.
- She is known for her appearance in the 1975 TV series “The Good Life”.
Who are Felicity Kendal’s Parents?
Felicity Kendal was brought into this world by her parents on 25 September 1946. She is the daughter of Geoffrey Kendal (father) and Laura Liddell (mother). Her dad was an actor and manager. She also has an older sibling, Jennifer Kendal. Her sister, Jennifer dies of cancer in 1984. She is from Olton, Warwickshire, England and she holds British nationality. She belongs to the British-White ethnicity. Her birth name is Felicity Ann Kendal. She was brought up in the Catholic faith. She converted to Judaism at the time of her second marriage, but has stated about the conversion, “I felt I was returning to my roots.” Her conversion took more than three years; she stated that her decision to convert had “nothing to do” with her husband. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She celebrated her 76th birthday in 2022.
How did Felicity Kendal start her career?
- Kendal started her career making her stage debut aged nine months when she was carried on stage as a changeling boy in “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” In 1987, she made her London stage debut in “Minor Murder”.
- Her stage career came to fame during the 1980s and 1990s when she formed a close professional association with Tom Stoppard, starring in the first productions of many of his plays, including The Real Thing (1982), Hapgood (1988), Arcadia (1993), and Indian Ink (1995).
- Felicity Kendal, in 1975, had her big break on television with the BBC sitcom “The Good Life.” She appeared in all 30 episodes, which extended over four series and two specials from 1975 to 1978.
- She then appeared in ITV Sunday Night Drama (1967–1978), Wings of Song (1978), Twelfth Night (1980, BBC Television Shakespeare), Solo (1981–1982), On the Razzle (1983), The Mistress (1985–1987), The Camomile Lawn (1992), Shakespeare: The Animated Tales (1992), Honey for Tea (1994), The World of Peter Rabbit and Friends (1995), and Rosemary & Thyme (2003–2006).
- In 2002, she starred in Charlotte Jones’s play “Humble Boy”. In 2006 she starred in the West End revival of “Amy’s View” by David Hare. After two years, she appeared in the West End in a revival of Noël Coward’s play “The Vortex”.
- She appeared in the play “The Last Cigarette” in 2009. In 2010, she starred in “Mrs. Warren’s Profession” (by George Bernard Shaw). In the same year, she appeared in Strictly Come Dancing (series 8) partnering with Vincent Simone. The couple was eliminated in the eighth week (staged in Blackpool).
- She toured the UK with Simon Callow in “Chin-Chin” in October 2013. In the same year, she starred in the first London revival of “Relatively Speaking”.
- Next, she toured the UK and Australia as Judith Bliss in Noël Coward’s “Hay Fever” in 2014.
- After then, she starred with Maureen Lipman in a revival of “Lettice and Lovage” at the Menier Chocolate Factory in 2017.
- She starred as Evangeline Harcourt in the London revival of “Anything Goes” at the Barbican Theatre in 2021.
Felicity Kendal Awards and Achievements
- 1976 – Most Promising Newcomer – Variety Club
- 1979 – Best Actress – Variety Club
- 1980 – Clarence Derwent Award
- 1984 – Woman of the Year – Best Actress – Variety Club
- 1989 – Best Actress – Evening Standard Theatre Awards
What is Felicity Kendal’s Net Worth?
Felicity Kendal is a successful and talented actress who has accumulated a net worth of $1.3 million as per sources. Her primary source of income is the acting fees she gets from all the films she has been a part of. She has starred in more than 5 films, 21 TV shows, and 40 stage plays. Her prolific career has led to the name, fame, and money she has today. She lives a lavish lifestyle at present. She is making an annual salary of thousands of dollars which she has not mentioned yet.
Who is Felicity Kendal married to?
Felicity Kendal is a married woman. She tied the knot to her second husband, Michael Rudman in 1983. Michael is an American theatre director. The duo is blessed with a son, Jacob. which ended in 1990. In 1991, she left Rudman but they reunited in 1998. Although Felicity and Michael have not remarried, they live together happily in London. Since then, they are together and there is no sign of divorce between them. Her sexual orientation is straight.
She first married Drewe Henley in 1968 which lasted till 1979. Their marriage produces a son namely Charley. Charley is a visual effect supervisor whose work has been acknowledged widely. Charley was born in 1973. Drewe was an English actor, but he is no more. He passed away in 2016 at the age of 75. After her divorce from Michael Rudman, she dated Tom Stoppard from the year 1991 to 1998. Kendal has also been involved in various charitable causes. She is a patron of the Children’s Cancer and Leukemia Group and has also been a supporter of the National Osteoporosis Society. She has been honored with several awards and honors throughout her career, including an OBE in the 2010 New Year Honours for her services to drama and charity. Felicity is an ambassador for the charity Royal Voluntary Service, previously known as WRVS.
How tall is Felicity Kendal?
Felicity Kendal stands at the height of 4 feet 9 inches (1.50 m) and her body weight measures 50 kg (110 lbs). She has a pair of dark brown eyes and her hair color is blonde. Her body measurement is 33-25-35 inches. She has an hourglass body type. She has got a healthy body with charming smile and glowing face attracting a lot of viewers towards her. She has denied having a facelift or surgery but has openly admitted to using Botox and fillers into her early 60s.
Leave a Reply