Julian Sands is a British actor who came to prominence for his role in the miniseries “The Sun Also Rises.” Likewise, he is famed for his roles in films such as The Killing Fields, A Room with a View, Warlock, Arachnophobia, Boxing Helena, and Leaving Las Vegas. On television, he is known for playing Vladimir Bierko in 24, Jor-El in Smallville, and Yulish Rabitov in Banshee. He began his acting career on stage and was associated with the Forum Theatre Company. Julians, on 13th January 2023, went missing while hiking in Mount Baldy, California. He has not been seen since, and police have been investigating his whereabouts. The investigation was hindered due to severe storms impacting the area shortly after Sands went missing.
Actor Julian Sands missing in Southern California mountains
British actor, Julian Sands, was reported missing as of Jan. 13, 2023, after going hiking on Mount Baldy in the San Gabriel mountains of California. He has been identified as a hiker missing in the Mt. Baldy, California area since last Friday according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department. He was reported missing at 7:30 pm on January 13 as per sources.
Search and rescue crews were on the mountain looking for Sands, but due to the severe weather and an avalanche threat, rescuers had to suspend their search efforts. Officials continue to use drones to search for Sands but are limited with other resources due to the weather on Mt. Baldy. San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department has recently warned hikers about visiting Mt. Baldy, where high winds and ice continue to make conditions dangerous.
British film producer and friend of Julian, Cassian Elwes, took to Twitter on Jan. 18 to write about the missing 65-year-old. “I’ve known since Friday that my friend Julian Sands has been missing on mt baldy. I’m devastated. A very close family friend who was an adventurer in everything he did. I’ve said many prayers,” he penned about his pal.
In a post on Facebook, the agency said that over the last four weeks, search and rescue teams have responded to 14 rescue missions on Mt. Baldy and in the surrounding area. “These rescue missions have been for lost, stranded, and/or injured hikers. Unfortunately, during these past 4 weeks, two hikers did not survive after falling and injuring themselves,” the post said. “The recent storms that brought the snow and ice conditions are not favorable for hikers, even those that feel they have a high level of experience.”
What is Julian Sands Known For?
- Julian Sands is an actor from England who rose to fame during the 1980s and 1990s.
- Sands is known for his roles in movies like The Killing Fields, A Room with a View, Warlock, Leaving Las Vegas, Arachnophobia, and Ocean’s Thirteen.
Where was Julian Sands born?
Julian Sands took birth on 4th January 1958 with the full name of Julian Richard Morley Sands. He was born and raised in Otley, West Yorkshire, England. He is British by nationality and his ethnicity is British-White. He was born as the third child of five to his parents – Brenda (mother) and his father. He has four brothers. His youngest brother Quentin was selected by She magazine as “Britain’s Sexiest Man” of 1998. His mum raised her boys alone after her divorce. Julian is 65 years old as of 2023. His birth sign is Capricorn and his religion is Christian.
About his education, he was educated at Lord Wandsworth College, Long Sutton, Hampshire.
Julian Sands Acting Career
- Julian, in 1984, made his film career appearing in supporting roles in “Oxford Blues” (1984) and “The Killing Fields” (1984). In the same year, he had a cameo as a Greek soldier in the BBC adaptation of “The Box of Delights”.
- In 1985, he was cast as the romantic lead in “A Room with a View.” After a year, he was seen in Ken Russell’s “Gothic”. After that, he played the title role in the horror film “Warlock” (1989) and its sequel “Warlock: The Armageddon” (1993), the role of Franz Liszt in “Impromptu” (1991), the role of Yves Cloquet in “Naked Lunch” (1991), and prominent roles in “Arachnophobia” (1990), “Boxing Helena” (1993) and “Leaving Las Vegas” (1995).
- In 1998, he played Erik in the horror-film version of “The Phantom of the Opera.” Likewise, he starred opposite Jackie Chan in the action-comedy film “The Medallion” (2003). He played Lord Olivier in BBC Four’s “In Praise of Hardcore” (2005).
- Next, he appeared in movies including Ocean’s Thirteen, Stargate: The Ark of Truth, Cat City, Heidi 4 Paws, Blood and Bone, Golf in the Kingdom, Hirokin, Suspension of Disbelief, All Things to All Men, Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks, Walk Like a Panther, Death Rider in the House of Vampires, Bobbleheads: The Movie, The Ghosts of Borley Rectory, The Ghosts of Monday, The Survivalist and most recently in Benediction.
- He was the voice of Valmont in the “Jackie Chan Adventures” cartoon (Seasons 1 and 2). He then played the Doci of the Ori in two episodes of “Stargate SG-1”-in its ninth and tenth seasons (a role he reprised in the film, Stargate: the Ark of Truth). He next starred in Stephen King’s “Rose Red” in 2002. In the same year, he portrayed Austrian ambassador Klemens von Metternich in the 2002 miniseries “Napoléon.” In the 2006 season of “24”, he played terrorist Vladimir Bierko.
- He played Jor-El, Superman’s biological father in “Smallville” and reprised the role in the series’ final (tenth) season.
- In the year 2009, he played Reg Hunt in “Bollywood Hero”. In 2012, he played Alistair Wesley in the seventh episode of the second season of “Person of Interest”.
- He appeared onstage at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in “A Celebration of Harold Pinter” in 2011.
- In 2011, he appeared in the mystery thriller film “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” as the younger version of Henrik Vanger. After a year, he voiced the character of DeFalco in “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2”. On 26th April 2013, he appeared as Miles Castner, a wealthy international businessman during the eighth season of Dexter.
- After that, he can be seen in TV series including Banshee, Crossbones, Unknown Heart, We’re Doomed! The Dad’s Army Story, Gotham, Medici: Masters of Florence, The Blacklist, Elementary, What/If, and most recently A Nasty Piece of Work.
How much is Julian Sands’s Net Worth?
Julian Sands is a successful actor who has appeared in several hit TV series and movies including Warlock: The Armageddon, Gotham, Dexter, and more. As of January 2023, the net worth of Julian is estimated to have $3 million. He made this fortune from his professional career as an actor which is his main source of wealth. Regarding his salary, he has not disclosed the exact amount but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a considerable amount of salary from his career earnings.
Who is Julian Sands’s Wife?
Julian Sands is a married man. In 1990, he tied the knot to his beautiful wife, Evgenia Citkowitz, a journalist and the daughter of the Anglo-Irish novelist and socialite Lady Caroline Blackwood and American composer-pianist Israel Citkowitz. The duo is the proud parents of two daughters namely Imogen Morley Sands and Natalya Morley Sands. The family is living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, he married Sarah Harvey, a British journalist in 1984. The duo is blessed with a son namely Henry Morley Sands. Their marriage could not last long and split in 1987.
How tall is Julian Sands?
Julian Sands is a handsome actor with a standing height of 5 feet 11 inches or 1.80 m. His body weight consists of 75 Kg or 765 lbs. He has a pair of brown eyes and his hair color is also brown. His body type is average. Julian’s other body measurement is still to get disclosed yet. He has got a healthy body at present.
Leave a Reply