Fergie is a singer, songwriter, and actress from the USA. She first achieved chart success as part of the hip hop group the ‘Black Eyed Peas’. On 19th September 2006, Fergie released her debut studio album “The Dutchess” which consist of singles: “London Bridge”, “Glamorous”, and “Big Girls Don’t Cry”. The album successfully sold 8 million copies in the world. It charted at #2 in the Billboard 200. She is famous for being a former female vocalist with the hip-hop group The Black Eyed Peas. She appeared in the 1986 horror/ comedy film “Monster in the Closet” for her role as Lucy which was her debut movie. She appeared in the American children’s TV program “Kids Incorporated” for her role as Stacy making her TV debut. She also holds the record for the longest-running cast member of the show. Collaborating with the Black Eyed Peas, she released two more albums “The E.N.D.” in 2009 and “The Beginning” in 2010. Her second solo album, Double Dutchess, was released in 2017. The Black Eyed Peas singer, will.i.am confirmed Fergie’s departure from the band in an interview with the Daily Star. She is nicknamed Stace, Fergie, The Dutchess, Fergalicious.
Fergie Mourns Death of Her Father, Jon Patrick Ferguson
Fergie penned a heartfelt tribute to her late father Thursday on Instagram, sharing some throwbacks of Pat throughout his life. “This hit harder and deeper than anything I’ve ever felt. You were the best dad a girl could ever ask for,” Fergie started in the caption. “Your spirit was a pillar of positivity. I miss your smiling face, and you waking up saying ‘I feel great! I’m excited for the day!’ I still hear you every morning,” she continued. “You were a coach who fired me up to be ambitious and competitive, while still reminding me Zen-like, that success is in the journey. You were a teacher who taught me the freedom of life away from the hustle and bustle of a rigid schedule. You were the epitome of living in the present. “You were one with the earth. I can’t bite into a juicy nectarine or taste a mint leaf without thinking about the ones you grew in the backyard. Your Syrah grapes brought so much joy to everyone who has sipped your delicious wine,” Fergie added. She and her father founded the wine label Ferguson Crest together in 2006. “Your inner strength was as deep as the ocean you loved to fish on. You were known as Pat, Padre, Coach, Ferg, Mr. Ferguson, Papa, Grampa, Patrick, and Patricio… but most importantly, You were my Dad,” she continued in the post. “I feel of you every time I watch an NFL game, have a beer at Mavericks, and hear a Rolling Stones song. I see you waving at me every time the wind hits the trees. I love You Dad.” Fergie’s dad, Jon Patrick Ferguson dies at 74 on 27th August 2021.
Why is Fergie Famous For?
- For being a singer, songwriter as well as an actress.
- For her debut studio album “The Dutchess”.
- For collaborating with the musical group “Blac Eyed Peas”.
What is the Real Name of Fergie? Know About Her Age, Ethnicity, Parents
Fergie was born with the real name of Stacy Ann Ferguson on 27th March 1975. She holds American nationality and she came from a Mixed ethnic background as she has German, English, Irish, Northern Irish/Scots-Irish, Swedish, Luxembourgish, and Scottish ancestry. Her place of birth is in Hacienda Heights, California, the USA. Aries is her Zodiac sign and she follows Roman Catholicism religion. About her parents, she was born to her father, Jon Patrick Ferguson, and her mother, Theresa Ann. By occupation, her father and mother, both are school teachers. Her father, Jon Patrick Ferguson died on 27th August 2021 at the age of 74. She also has a sibling, a sister whose name is Dana Ferguson. She celebrated her 46th birthday as of 2021. In 2013, she filed a claim at the Los Angeles County Superior Court to legally change her name to Fergie Duhamel and take the last name of her husband, Josh Duhamel.
About her educational background, she attended Mesa Robles Middle School and Glen A. Wilson High School in Hacienda Heights, California. She was a cheerleader, straight-A student, spelling bee champion, and Girl Scout.
Fergie Singing Career Timeline
- Fergie initially began doing voiceover work. She then provided the voice for Sally in two made-for-television “Peanuts” cartoons, “It’s Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown” (1984) and “Snoopy’s Getting Married, Charlie Brown” (1985), as well as on four episodes of “The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show”.
- She starred on the TV show entitled “Kids Incorporated” from the year 1984 to 1989.
- She was a member of the female trio “Wild Orchid”, which she fronted with Stefanie Ridel and fellow Kids Incorporated star Renee Sandstrom. They then signed a music publishing deal with Sony Publishing before signing a record contract with RCA Records in 1994.
- The female trio “Wild Orchid” released their self-titled debut album in March 1997, which debuted at #153 on the Billboard 200.
- Their second album “Oxygen” was released in September 1998.
- They opened for Cher’s Do You Believe? tour alongside Cyndi Lauper from 16th June to 28th August of the year 1999.
- They also completed a third album which their record label declined to release.
- In 2001, she left the group. In the year 2006, she told “Entertainment Weekly” that both frustrations with the band’s image and personal drug problems led her to leave Wild Orchid.
- She was later invited by the rapper and singer, will.i.am to try out for a song called “Shut Up” when the Black Eyed Peas were recording their third album, “Elephunk” (2003). She then bonded with the trio and she went on to record five additional songs on the album.
- From “Elephunk” album, ‘Where is the Love?’ became the Black Eyed Peas’ first major hit: it peaked at number eight on the Billboard Hot 100 and topped the charts in several other countries.
- Their next album entitled “Monkey Business” was released on 7th June 2005. The album was later certified triple platinum by the RIAA. The album’s singles are “Pump It”, ” Don’t Phunk with My Heart”, “Don’t Lie”, “My Humps”.
- In December 2005, they embarked on the “European Tour”.
- In March 2006, the Black Eyed Peas toured again, as the featured headliner for the Honda Civic Tour.
- In September 2006, her debut solo album “The Dutchess” was released which consist of the lead single “London Bridge”, which was followed by “Fergalicious”, “Glamorous”, “Big Girls Don’t Cry”, and “Clumpsy”.
- Then, she returned to the acting field in 2006 appearing as a lounge singer in the “Poseidon” remake.
- She next appeared in a supporting role in the 2007’s “Grindhouse” and in the 2009 musical film “Nine”.
- She also began hosting Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve on ABC on 31st December 2006.
- After Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas left A&M Records, they remained with Interscope Records.
- Their fifth studio album, The E.N.D (“The Energy Never Dies”) was released on 9th June 2009 which consists of the lead single “Boom Boom Pow”. Their sixth studio album, The Beginning, was released on 30th November 2010.
- As of October 2009, she became a part-owner of the National Football League’s Miami Dolphins.
- She launched her debut fragrance, “Outspoken” in May 2010.
- She then announced that she had begun writing her second solo studio album in 2013. The album’s first single “L.A. Love (La La)” was released on 30th September 2014.
- She announced in June 2015 that she was putting the finishing touches on the album, titled “Double Dutchess”. The pre-order of Double Dutchess was made available on 25th August 2017,
- A teaser for the next album titled “Hungry (1st Byte)” was released on June 9, 2016.
- Her second solo album “Double Dutchess” was finally released on 22nd September 2017.
- On 18th February 2018, will.i.am confirmed Fergie’s departure from the band in an interview with the Daily Star.
Awards and Achievements
Fergie is an award-winning singer, songwriter, rapper, fashion designer, and actress who has won a total of 61 (career solo and Black Eyed Peas) awards. She has won American Music Awards (2007), ASCAP Award in (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012), Billboard Women in Music Award (2010), Channel [V] Thailand Music Video Awards (2006, 2011), Glamour Awards (2010), Grammy Awards (2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012), IFPI Hong Kong Top Sales Music Awards (2005), Juno Awards (2006), Mnet Asian Music Awards (2005), MOBO Awards (2006), MTV Awards (2007), MTV Australia Music Video Awards (2007), MTV Video Music Awards Japan (2008), Teen Choice Awards, Young Entertainer Awards (2016) and more.
Who is Fergie married to?
Fergie was a married woman previously. As of today, she is assumed to be single. There is no news and rumors about her dating and having affairs with anyone at present. She is living a single life happily without any disturbances. It seems she is in search of a perfect partner who would understand her well. Her sexual orientation is straight. She is currently residing in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Previously, she briefly dated actor, Mario Lopez in the year 1984 when they were working in the Kids Incorporated TV show. Mario revealed that she was his first kiss. Later, they split. After then, she had a fling with singer Justin Timberlake in 1996. She then began her relationship with Josh Duhamel in September 2004. The duo later engaged on 25th December 2007, and married on 10th January 2009, in a Catholic ceremony. The couple is also blessed with a son named, Axl Jack Duhamel who was born on August 29, 2013. The couple later separated in 2017 which was confirmed in September 2017. After a couple of years, they filed for a divorce on 1st June 2019 which was then finalized in November 2019.
Fergie has 2 pet dogs named Zoe and Meatloaf (Died on April 1, 2012, due to brain disorder).
In April 2007, she gave an interview in which she admitted that she went on a sex and drugs spree when she turned eighteen, saying: “I have had lesbian experiences in the past. I won’t say how many men I’ve had sex with-but I am a very sexual person.”
How much is Fergie’s Net Worth?
Fergie is a very talented and successful singer as well as an actress who has made a huge fortune from her career work. The net worth of Fergie is estimated to have $45 Million as of 2021. Her major source of wealth comes from the music industry whereas her secondary source of wealth comes from her entertainment career. She is living a lavish lifestyle as of today. She has also done brand endorsements for Wet n Wild Cosmetics (2012), Motorola ROKR. In January 2011, she began appearing in Dr Pepper Cherry commercials. In May 2010, she launched her first fragrance, Outspoken by Fergie, under direct selling beauty and cosmetics company, Avon and release more fragrances in her Outspoken line, including Outspoken Intense in 2011, Viva by Fergie in 2012, Outspoken Fresh in 2013, and Outspoken Party! in 2015. Her tagline to her fragrance line is “Say What You Mean It”. Her present amount of salary and income is currently unavailable but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making her income in millions of dollar.
Fergie Height, Weight, and Body Measurements: How tall is Fergie?
Fergie is a beautiful singer who has a tall height of 5 ft 2.5 in or 159 cm. Her balanced weight consists of 57 Kg or 126 lbs. Her body type is Voluptuous. Her hair color is blonde and she has a pair of blue eyes. She has a raised eyebrows, a deep sultry voice, a buxom figure with sparkling eyes. Her body measurement is 36-26-30 in or 91.5-66-76 cm. Her dress size is 8 (US) or 40 (EU) and her shoe size is 7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU). She maintains her body a lot. While performing with Wild Orchid, she developed an addiction to crystal methamphetamine, which followed her after she left the group in 2001. In September 2006, she talked with Time magazine about quitting her crystal meth addiction. “It was the hardest boyfriend I ever had to break up with,” she said. “It’s the drug that’s addicting. But it’s why you start doing it in the first place that’s interesting. A lot of it was being a child actor; I learned to suppress feelings.”