Frankie Bridge is a British singer as well as a songwriter. She is a former member of “S Club 8” and a member of the girl group “The Saturdays”. At present, she is signed to Fascination and Polydor labels. She began her career when she auditioned for Simon Fuller’s reality television competition, S Club Search in 2001, broadcast on CBBC. Bridge successfully auditioned and won a place in the pop group “S Club Juniors.” Together with the band, she successfully released seven singles and two albums. Her first music album with S Club 8 was “Together” released in October 2002 via Polydor Records. She made an appearance in S Club 7’s TV show, Viva S Club. Her first attempt at a solo career was in 2004 when she released a duet with Calvin Goldspink with the song “Dreaming” which was a moderate hit in the UK. After the band “S Club 8” split, she went on to successfully audition for the girl band, “The Saturdays”. Her first studio album with the girl band, ‘The Saturdays’ was “Chasing Lights”, released in October 2008. They recorded a sale of 385,341 album copies in the UK. In late 2017, she decided to pursue a solo career in music, signing a record deal with both Polydor and Fascination Records, the label Bridge has been signed to since she was eleven years old. Her sixteen years in the music industry have led her to sell an estimated 10 million records worldwide. In addition, she has also appeared on television. She has been a part of two reality television series of her own: “The Saturdays: 24/7” and “Chasing The Saturdays”. She was also involved in “Ghosthunting With… The Saturdays” in the year 2010. She took part in the Twelfth series of “Strictly Come Dancing” in 2014 where she was the runner-up of the series. Frankie is also a bestselling author. Her third book “GROW: Motherhood, mental health & me” was published on 19 August 2021. She is nicknamed Frankie, The Satz, Frankie The Satz, S Club 8, S Club Juniors.
What makes Frankie Bridge Famous?
- Being a British Singer-Songwriter.
- Being the part of the girl band, “The Saturdays”.
- Being a style icon in the UK, and her signature style short hair started a trend around the UK.
- Being married to the former Chelsea soccer star Wayne Bridge.
Who are the Parents of Frankie Bridge?
Frankie Bridge was born with the birth name of Francesca Sandford on 14th January 1989 which makes her the present age of 32 as of 2021. Capricorn is her Zodiac sign and she holds British nationality as her birthplace is in Upminister, London, England. She came from European-White ethnic background. She was born to her father, Kevin Sandford, and her mother, Viv Sandford. She also has an older sister whose name goes by Victoria Sandford.
About her education, Frankie attended a local stage school in Romford after completing her formal school education. Also, while studying in school, she used to attend after-school dance classes.
Frankie Bridge Career Timeline
- Frankie Bridge’s career began with the group “S Club Juniors” (present S Club 8) in 2001 after the group formed in 2001 through a reality television show, “S Club Search”. The group made their debut television appearance as a group on “Children in Need” in November 2001. Later, Polydor Records signed the group and released their first single “One Step Closer” in April 2002.
- Their second single, “Automatic High” was released from the band’s first studio album reaching number two in the UK charts selling 52,000 copies, and spent eight weeks inside the UK top 75.
- Then, the group began working on their debut studio album in June 2002; working with Cathy Dennis, Carole King, Gerry Goffin Tracy Ackerman, Hannah Robinson, and Mikkel S. Eriksen (of Stargate).
- A third single was released from the album, “New Direction” and again charted at number two in the UK.
- The Juniors then released their debut album “Together” on 21st October 2002 which reached number five in its first week of sale and sold 40,000 copies.
- A fourth single, “Puppy Love/Sleigh Ride”, was released in December 2002. The song was also featured in the soundtrack for the film “Love Actually”.
- Later, the group announced their first headlining concert tour, “S Club United: The Tour”.
- Their fifth single “Fool No More” was released in June 2003 selling 26,000 copies in the singles the first week.
- “Sundown” was announced as the second single from the album in September 2003 becoming the band’s sixth top-ten single, selling roughly 40,000 copies in its first week. “Sundown” (2003) was unveiled as the album’s title in September and the album was released in early October.
- A third and final single was released, “Don’t Tell Me You’re Sorry”, which charted at number 11.
- The group then went on to star in the children’s television show, “I Dream for 19 Entertainment”.
- During this time, the band recorded the soundtrack to the show “Welcome to Avalon Heights”. Then, in 2005, the band announced their split.
- She has been a member of the girl group “The Saturdays” since 2007. The group was put together through the record label Fascination Records, which gave them an instant record deal as well as a sub-division of Polydor Records.
- She later gained a place in the group alongside Vanessa White, Mollie King, Una Healy, and Rochelle Humes who was also in the band S Club Juniors.
- The girl group released their debut single “If This Is Love” in July 2008 which peaked at number eight in the UK.
- The group released a second single “Up” which charted at number five in the UK. In late October 2008, the group released their first studio album “Chasing Lights” which charted at number nine in the UK and went platinum according to the BPI.
- After then, the band released the third single from the album, “Issues”, which also went silver. The group also released a cover of “Just Can’t Get Enough” by Depeche Mode.
- The fifth and final single from the album was “Work”, which was the first single by the group to fail to reach the top 20. The group went on a tour titled “The Work Tour”.
- In October 2009, the group released a second studio album, “Wordshaker”, which charted at number nine and was given a silver certification by the BPI.
- The first single, “Forever Is Over”, charted at number two in the UK.
- In early 2010, they released a second and final single from Wordshaker, “Ego”, which charted at number nine, the single gained a certification of silver by the BPI.
- In summer 2010, ‘The Saturdays’ released their first mini-album (their third album overall) “Headlines!, which charted at number 3 in the UK and number 10 in Ireland.
- The band released their eighth single, “Missing You”, which charted at number three in the UK and number six in Ireland.
- “On Your Radar” was their third studio album, reaching a disappointing number 23 in the UK and spending only three weeks in the UK Top 75, but featured the top-ten hits, “All Fired Up” and “Notorious” as well as single, “My Heart Takes Over”.
- In December 2011, the group went on their first headlining arena tour, “All Fired Up Tour!”.
- The band then released their first single taken from their fourth studio album “30 Days” in May 2012, which peaked at number seven.
- The band released “What About Us” (featuring rapper Sean Paul) in March 2013, which became their first number-one single and was the biggest selling single of the year (at that point).
- In the same year, “Gentleman” and “Disco Love” were released. Their album “Living for the Weekend” became the band’s fourth top ten albums.
- The radio mix of “Not Giving Up” was released in April 2014 and was their seventeenth top 40 single.
- The band went on hiatus in the year 2014 and released a greatest hits album “Finest Selection: The Greatest Hits” the same year.
- The only single released from the album, “What Are You Waiting For?” charted at number thirty-seven, making it their lowest-charting single to date.
- In the year 2016, she signed a deal with Channel 5 Documentaries to present a number of different documentaries in the UK.
- She also presented “Celebrity Trolls: We’re Coming to Get You” and “Celebrity Trolls with Frankie Bridge” in the year 2017.
- In September 2017, she took part in the television show “Married to a Celebrity”, where she appeared with her husband Wayne Bridge.
- She has also featured on Kids in Glass Houses’ second studio album, “Dirt” (2010) on the track ‘Undercover Love’.
- In September 2017, she became a co-presenter on the ITV game show “Cannonball”.
- It was announced that she would remain signed to Polydor and Fascination Records for her debut solo album, the labels she has been signed to from eleven years old.
- Producer, Marshmello announced he was working with Bridge in the studio.
Frankie Bridge Television Career
- Frankie Bridge appeared in late-night teen soap “Hollyoaks Later”, where she was credited as herself.
- The girl group “The Saturdays” were given their own reality TV series “The Saturdays: 24/7”, which followed the band during their day-to-day life promoting their new album [at the time] “Headlines!”.
- She appeared in the Channel 4 “Hollyoaks” spin-off “Hollyoaks Later” in November 2008 where the group performed the song “Issues” in the 10-minute BBC drama Myths in January 2009, in the episode ‘A Syren’s Call’.
- On 8 November 2010, she took part in the paranormal television program “Ghosthunting with…” where the band investigated purported paranormal activity accompanied by host Yvette Fielding, who took them to visit three locations within the Welsh mountains: the clock tower, the manor, and the kitchen block.
- In the year 2010, she appeared in the ITV reality series “The Door”. She was the first celebrity to be eliminated from the show after she could not put her hand in a bowl of spiders to get the key to the door to pass through to the next level. She commented, “It’s funny because I know when I watch it that I’ll look like I hate every second of it but I absolutely loved it. I wanted it to keep going.”
- On 13th August 2014, she announced on BBC Breakfast that she would be competing in the twelfth series of “Strictly Come Dancing” that would begin in September 2014. Her dance partner was Kevin Clifton. They placed runner-up in the final, alongside Simon Webbe and Kristina Rihanoff.
- In January 2018, she participated in “And They’re Off!” in aid of Sport Relief.
- On 10tj December 2020, she appeared as a guest panelist on the popular ITV daytime show “Loose Women”.
- On 9th February 2021, she was confirmed to be a full-time panelist on 9th February 2021.
- In addition, she contributed to the book “The Saturdays: Our Story”, an autobiography of “The Saturdays” that was released on 25 October 2010. The book was written by a ghostwriter and published by the Transworld imprint Bantam Press.
Awards and Achievements
- Won Glamour Awards in 2011 under the category ‘Best Dressed’
- Won Inspiration Awards For Women in 2014 under the category ‘Next Generation’
Who is Frankie Bridge married to?
Frankie Bridge is a married woman. She is married to soccer star Wayne Bridge in July 2014. Their wedding took place in Bedfordshire, England. She started dating soccer star Wayne Bridge after meeting him on a night out, where James Corden had put Wayne’s number in her phone and her number in Wayne’s phone. After exchanging texts for some time, they ended up on a dinner date. After dating for nearly three years, they got married. Frankie gave birth to their first son, Parker on October 18, 2013, and their second son, Carter on August 15, 2015. Currently, they are enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Digging her past relationship, Frankie Bridge was reported to be dating her S Club 8 bandmate Calvin Goldspink during her stay with the band. She also dated Dougie Poynter (musician) from 2008 to 2010.
How much is Frankie Bridge Net Worth?
Frankie Bridge is a successful singer from the UK. Her net worth as of 2021 is estimated to have £11 million whereas her exact salary is under review. Her net worth of Frankie is the highest of all among the members of “The Saturdays”. Her sixteen years career in the music industry has led her to sell an estimated 10 million records worldwide along with her Girl’s band groups “S Club 8” and “The Saturday”. In 2002, her Girl band group “S Club 8” sold 40,000 copies of their debut album “Together”. “S Club 8” sold 60,000 copies of their second studio album “Sundown” in the UK and 315,859 worldwide. In October 2016, she was signed up by the clothing retail giant, Littlewoods to front their promotional campaign. As part of the autumn/ winter 2016 campaign, she posed in leading clothing brands, which ranged from Guess to Replay. In December 2016, she appeared in a print advert for the luxury jewelry brand, Thomas Sabo. As a member of her band The Saturdays, she has taken part in brand endorsements for Hair removal cream Veet, Women’s deodorant Impulse, Nintendo 3DS game called Nintendogs + Cats. She became the ambassador for the mental health charity Mind in 2016. Later in the year, she also became the ambassador for Marie Curie. She has designed a range of cosmetics to raise money and awareness for the charity. It was announced that her cosmetics line would be sold through Superdrug. she managed to raise £430,000, the equivalent of nearly 21,500 hours of nursing care by Marie Curie.
How tall is Frankie Bridge?
Frankie Bridge is a cool singer with a slim body build. She has a perfect height of 5 ft 3 in or 160 cm. Her balanced bodyweight consists of 50 KG or 110 lbs. Her hair color is dark brown and she has a pair of light brown eyes. Her body figure is petite and she has a body measurement of 33-22-32 in or 84-56-81 cm. Her dress size is 0-2 (US) or 30-32 (EU). She wears a bra size of 32A and her shoe size is 7.5 US or 38 EU. Back in 2011, she take time out of her work commitments with The Saturdays due to an “illness”. It was later revealed that Bridge had been hospitalized due to depression. She announced once in rehab she thought the other patients would judge her because she was “rich” and well off. The media reported that Bridge was checked into a rehabilitation center due to stress after a punishing work schedule. However, She quickly denied the rumors. She came out and spoke about her battle with depression after people began to believe she was admitted due to alcohol and drugs.She has got words “Sunshine ‘n’ Showers” tattooed on her back just under her neck, which she got in remembrance of her grandmother who used to call her by the same words. She has a tattoo of a star on her wrist and another one of a dove on her ankle, which she had got along with her sister Victoria as they sought to honor their bond with the tattoo.