Gina Lucia Coladangelo, popularly known as Gina Coladangelo is a British businesswoman and lobbyist. She was a former non-executive director at the Department of Health and Social Care. She made headlines in June 2021 after she was spotting kissing the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, Matt Hancock during the COVID-19 pandemic social distancing restrictions. Their actions resulted in Hancock resign from his position as Health Secretary.
What is Gina Coladangelo Famous For?
- Former advisor to the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care.
Where is Gina Coladangelo From?
Gina Coladangelo was born in August 1977. Her birth name is Gina Lucia Coladangelo. Her birth place is in Hitchin, Hertfordshire in England. She holds British nationality. She was born to her father, Rino Casmira Coldangelo, and her mother, Heather. She has a brother, Roberto who is a director of Partnering Health Limited.
Regarding her educational background, she studied Philosophy, Politics, and Economics at Exeter College, Oxford. She was a newsreader at the student radio station, Oxygen 107.9 FM.
Gina Coladangelo Career
- Coladangelo worked as a senior account manager in the campaign division at Munro and Forster Communications.
- In 2002, she moved to the public relations and lobbying firm Luther Pendragon.
- She was promoted to partner in April 2005 and led a management buyout of the firm in December. She became a director and shareholder of the firm.
- She resigned as a director of the firm in 2017 but remains a shareholder.
- She also works as the marketing and communications director since 2014 at the Oliver Bonas retail chain. Her husband Oliver Tress founded the company.
- She received a parliamentary pass as a member of Matt Hancock’s staff in June 2019.
- She was appointed the non-executive director at the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) in March 2020.
- She accompanied Hancock as an aide to confidential meetings with civil servants.
- She resigned from her position after her extramarital affair with Hancock was exposed.
Who is Gina Coladangelo Husband?
Gina Coladangelo has been married twice. She first married a London property lawyer, Glynn Gibb in 2004. After their divorce, she married Oliver Tress, the owner of Oliver Bonas. They married in 2009. The couple shares three children together. They lived in Wandsworth, London. Following the exposure of her extramarital affair with Hancock, she separated from her husband, Tress.
Gina Coladangelo made headlines in June 2021 after her extramarital affair with Matt Hancock was exposed. She was pictured kissing and in an embrace with Hancock. The Sun published closed-circuit television footage of the encounter in June 2021. Their encounter occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic social distancing restrictions and had breached the rules. Coladangelo resigned from her position at the DHSC and Hancock also resigned from his position as its secretary.
It was reported that Coladangelo and Hancock later moved in together.
How Tall is Gina Coladangelo?
Gina Coladangelo stands around the height of 1.68 m i.e. 5 feet and 6 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 131 lbs i.e. 59 kg. Her actual body measurements are not available. Her eye color is brown and her hair color is dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Gina Coladangelo Salary and Net Worth?
Gina Coladangelo is a businesswoman by profession. She is a shareholder at a lobbying firm, Luther Pendragon since 2005 and served as its director from 2005 until 2017. She is also the marketing and communications director at the Oliver Bonas retail chain since 2014. She was a non-executive director at the Department of Health and Social Care from March 2020 to June 2021. She was paid £15,000, equivalent to £1,000 a day for her position. However, she resigned from the position after her extramarital with the DHSC secretary, Matt Hancock was exposed. Her net worth is estimated at around $3 million at present.