Maximilian Meyer, professionally known as Max Meyer is a German professional footballer who is well recognized for playing as a midfielder for Super Lig club Fenerbahce. He became the top goal-scorer at the UEFA European Under-17 Championship in 2012. He played for FC Schalke 04 from 2013 until 2018 when he signed with Crystal Palace. He’s been a member of the German national team since 2014. Meyer previously played on the youth team of his hometown club, FC Sardegna Oberhausen. He received the Fritz Walter Medal as the best youth player in Germany at both the Under-17 and Under-19 levels. Max made his senior debut in 2014, and later captained the Olympic team at the 2016 Summer Olympics. Moreover, it was reported on 25th January 2021 that Bundesliga side 1. FC Koln had signed Meyer on a free transfer until the end of the 2020-2021 season.
Fenerbahce set to sign Max Meyer and Mergim Berisha
Max Meyer and Mergim Berisha are both set to sign for Fenerbahce. Meyer, 25, has been available on a free transfer after his contract with FC Koln expired at the end of last season. In addition to Meyer, 23-year-old Berisha is apparently poised to make the switch to Fenerbahce from RB Salzburg. While the transfer window has closed in most countries, Turkish clubs can still bring in players until 8th September.
- Being a German professional footballer.
- For playing as a midfielder for Super Lig club Fenerbahce.
What is Max Meyer Real Name?
Max Meyer opened his eyes for the very first time on 18th September 1995 in Oberhausen, Germany. He was born with the real name of Maximilian Meyer in a Christian religious family. He holds German nationality and he belongs to German-white ethnic background. Max has celebrated his 25th birthday as of 2020 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Virgo. Thus, his race is white. He is the son of his father, Achim Meyer whereas his mother’s name has not been revealed yet.
What does Max Meyer do for a living?
- Max Meyer kicks off his football career playing at local club FC Sardegna Oberhausen before being scouted and signed by Rot-WeiB Oberhausen at the age of seven where he spent two years in the club’s academy before joining MSV Duisburg in 2004. He remained there for five years.
- Then he was transferred to Schalke 04 where he was integrated into the club’s youth teams in 2009 as well as he was part of the U19 side which won the 2011-2012 German U-19 Championship, featuring in a 2-1 win over Bayern Munich.
- His form at the u-19 level, which saw him score 11 goals and create 11 assists in 15 appearances for the season, earned the attention of general manager Horst Heldt who signed him to his first professional contract.
- Max was included in Schalke’s Bundesliga and UEFA Champions League squads for the 2012-2013 season where he made his debut for the club on 16th February 2013, coming on as a substitute for Raffael and assisting Michel Bastos for a late goal in a 2-2 draw with Mainz 05. His Champions League debut followed on 12th March when he appeared in a match against Turkish side Galatasaray.
- He was issued shirt number 7 previously worn by Raul in the 2013-2014 season and began the season by scoring a brace against SSVg Velbert while playing for Schalke’s reserve side, Schalke 04 II.
- He then featured for the first team later that month in a 4-0 league win over VfL Wolfsburg, where he came on as a 73rd-minute substitute for Jefferson Farfan.
- He made his first start for the club in a Champions League play-off match against PAOK on 21st August and scored his first goal for Schalke in a DFB-Pokal match against Darmstadt 98 on 25th September.
- Later 30th November, he signed a contract extension with Schalke until 30th June 2018 and he scored in the first match after the winter break against Hamburger SV on 26th January 2014.
- His most significant contribution was in a Champions League group stage match against Maribor, where he scored the only goal to take Schalke through to the round of 16, but they ultimately came up short against Real Madrid, losing 5-4 over two legs.
- Max also scored in the final Europa League group match, the final goal in a comfortable 4-0 win over Asteras Tripoli.
- In the 2015-2016 season, he only scored two goals in all competitions: once in a league win over against Mainz 05, and the other in a Europa League win over PAOK.
- He played as a defensive midfielder in the 2017-2018 season, under the tutelage of new manager Domenico Tedesco however, in April, he publicly criticized sporting director Christian Heidel and was left out of training for the rest of the season, which allowed him to run down the remainder of his contract until its expiration in June.
- Max signed a three-year contract with Crystal Palace on 2nd August 2018 where he started struggling for first team appearances in his second, culminating in being dropped to the Under-23s in December 2020 after failing to play a single minute of League football in the first half of the Eagles’ 2020-2021 season.
- He later left Crystal Palace via mutual consent on 15th January 2021.
1. FC Koln
- It was reported on 25th January 2021 that Bundesliga side 1. FC Koln had signed Meyer on a free transfer until the end of the 2020-2021 season.
- Max Meyer was part of the Germany under-17 squad for the 2012 UEFA European Under-17 Championship as well as he was the top scorer and was awarded the best player of the tournament.
- He won the Fritz Walter Under-17 Silver Medal in 2012 and scored his first goal for Germany’s under-19 team in a friendly against the Netherlands.
- As well, he was included in the Germany senior team’s 30-man provisional squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He made his senior debut against Poland on 13th May 2014 and scored his first goal for Germany in a 2-0 friendly win against Finland in Monchengladbach on 31st October 2016.
- He was also named in the squad for the 2016 Summer Olympics whereas he also scored a hat-trick in a 10-0 win over Fiji on 11th August 2016, although he also missed a penalty.
- Max scored the equalizer that extended the decision to a penalty shootout in the gold medal final, played on 21st August, in which Germany lost to Brazil, 5-4.
Awards and Achievements
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship runner-up: 2012
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship: 2017
- Summer Olympic Games Silver Medal: 2016
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship Golden Player: 2012
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2012
- Fritz Walter Medal: U17 Silver Medal 2012
- Fritz Walter Medal: U19 Silver Medal 2014
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2017
- Fenerbahce on 02/09/2021
- 1. FC Koln on 27/01/2021 for free
- Crystal Palace on 02/08/2018 for free
- FC Schalke 04 on 01/01/2013 From FC Schalke 04 U19
Is Max Meyer Dating Anyone?
Max Meyer is an unmarried footballer. He also has not been in any relationship and it seems like he is sharpening his strength and skills to make his all dreams come true rather than being stuck in a relationship. So we can surely assume that he is single at the present time. Talking about Max’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is Max Meyer Net Worth?
Max Meyer has a net worth of £21 million as of 2021 whereas he has a salary of £6,500,000 per year. He has earned around £125,000 per weak. In his short professional time also, he has established himself an identity already. Like many young adults of today’s, he’s also superbly ambitious and continues to work even harder to reach his set objectives. Max’s current market value is €1.50m as of 9th June 2021 though his highest market value was €20.00m as of 4th April 2018. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
What is the Height of Max Meyer?
Max Meyer is a handsome footballer who stands at an ideal height of 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in) with a balanced bodyweight of 159 lb / 72 kg. He has good-looking light brown hair and brown eyes color. Max definitely has emerged as another teen sensation in the scene. Furthermore, his body build type is athletic and he is vegan.