Gisele Barreto Fetterman is a Brazilian-American activist, philanthropist, as well as a non-profit executive. She is a co-founder of 412 Food Rescue, a non-profit organization focused on eliminating food insecurity in the United States. She is also the founder of Free Store 15104, which distributes clothing under a similar method by collecting surplus and donated goods and redistributing them to those in need. She is a co-founder of For Good PGH, a program that promotes inclusion and diversity. She is the wife of Lieutenant-Governor John Fetterman as well as the current Second Lady of Pennsylvania. A formerly undocumented immigrant, she is an outspoken supporter of immigration reform in the United States. She is close friends with Kim Kardashian. She made national headlines after she captured a woman on video calling her by a racial slur when she made a quick trip to an Aldi grocery store near her home in Braddock, Pennsylvania. In the 2-second video, the woman briefly pulls down her mask and says, “You’re a n *****”. She shared the video on Twitter the night of October 11. She wrote on Twitter “I love love love this country but we are so deeply divided. I ran to the local grocery store and was met by and verbally assaulted by this woman who repeatedly told me I do not belong here. The confrontation continued into the parking lot where I was able to finally capture it after the crying winded down. This behavior and this hatred is taught. If you know her, if she is your neighbor or relative, please, please teach her love instead”.
Wife of Pennsylvania’s Lieutenant Governor, Gisele Barreto Fetterman Is Target of Racial Slur
The second lady of Pennsylvania was called the N-word in a grocery store parking lot over the weekend and posted a video of part of the attack on Twitter, saying it’s a reflection of how the nation is “so deeply divided”. She said she went to the grocery store Sunday without her security detail-a quick trip to pick up kiwis while they were still on sale-when a woman recognized her and began yelling racist insults, including, she said: “There’s that N-word that Fetterman married” and “you don’t belong here.” Barreto Fetterman said she was stunned and froze. The woman returned to shopping, Barreto Fetterman paid for her fruit and went to her car. That’s when, she said, the woman exited the grocery store and came toward Barreto Fetterman, who was sitting in her vehicle and had pulled out her phone to record. She said she captured the last few seconds of the interaction and posted the video on Twitter. It shows a woman leaning toward the vehicle, pulling down her purple mask, and saying: “you’re a n-.” After the episode, Barreto Fetterman said, she was shaking and crying, and pulled over to call her security team and apologize for leaving by herself. State Police, who provide security to the family, are investigating, Barreto Fetterman said. Police didn’t respond to a request for comment. Since she tweeted the video, Barreto Fetterman said the response has been entirely positive and supportive. In a tweet about the episode, she wrote of the woman: “This behavior and this hatred is taught. If you know her, if she is your neighbor or relative, please, please teach her love instead.”
- Being an activist, philanthropist, and non-profit executive.
- Being the co-founder of 412 Food Rescue.
What is the Birthplace of Gisele Barreto Fetterman?
On 27th February 1982, Gisele Barreto Fetterman was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. She holds Brazilian-American nationality and her ethnicity is Mixed. Her race is Black. As of 2020, she celebrated her 38th birthday. When she was 7 years old, she came to the United States as an undocumented immigrant with her mother and younger sibling (brother), taking up residence in a one-room apartment in New York City. They fled Brazil due to violent crime in their community. In New York, the family lived in poverty and furnished their apartment with furniture they found on the street. She said that her family often depended on food banks and thrift stores. Her mother, who had a Doctor of Philosophy degree from a Brazilian university and had worked as a nutritionist and educator, took jobs cleaning hotels and houses and was denied pay often due to her status as an undocumented immigrant. Initially, she did not speak English when she arrived in the United States and enrolled in an English as a second language program at her school in Queens. The family then moved to Newark, New Jersey. There, she studied at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. She received her green card in the year 2004 and she became a citizen of the United States in the year 2009. Her Zodiac sign is Pisces and her religion is Christian.
How was the career of Gisele Barreto Fetterman?
- Gisele Barreto Fetterman founded The Braddock Free Store being the First Lady of Braddock, Pennsylvania.
- The Braddock Free Store is a non-profit organization that provides local lower-income families with toys, diapers, baby formula, clothing, household items, and furniture which serves close to 1,600 families per month.
- She does not stop her and then she started the Braddock Bench Project, focused on adding benches to local bus stops.
- Additionally, she co-founded 412 Food Rescue in the year 2015 which is a non-profit organization focused on eliminating food insecurity and providing nutritional resources to families in need.
- She launched the Positive Parking Signs Project, a local initiative installing signs around local communities with sayings like “Follow Your Dreams” and “More Hugs Needed”.
- Later, she founded For Good PGH, a non-profit that advocates for diversity and inclusion, and also launched The Hollander Project, a business incubator for women entrepreneurs.
- She supports immigration reform in the United States and pushed for the United States Congress to take “humane and compassionate” approaches to immigration, and petitioned that immigrant families should not be separated.
- She also spoke in favor of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and criticized U.S. President Donald Trump for attempting to end the program.
- She supports the legalization of marijuana in Pennsylvania and is a supporter of LGBTQ rights in the United States and was named “Best Activist” by the Pittsburgh City Paper for her community involvement.
- She served as the emcee for World Refugee Day Pittsburgh on 20th June 2018.
- She along with her husband opened the pool at the Lieutenant Governor’s Mansion, located on Fort Indiantown Gap, to children who would not normally have access to one in the year 2019.
- She served as the host and honorary chairperson of the 2019 Hispanic Heritage Gala on 28th September 2019.
- On 29th October 2019, she was the first woman recipient of the Rodef Shalom Congregation’s Pursuer of Peace Award.
- She criticized the company Amazon for selling an anti-immigration bumper sticker with the text “Fuck Off, We’re Full” written on the shape of the continental United States which was described on the company’s website as an “Anti Immigrant Vinyl Car Cumper Window Sticker” in February 2020.
- On 3rd February 2020, Amazon responded stating they would remove the sticker from their website.
- She was a speaker at the “YOUR HOUR, HER POWER” luncheon at the Westmoreland Club, held in honor of International Women’s Day on 6th March 2020.
- She also took part in the 2020 Census Tour, speaking at Pennsylvania State University about the importance of filling out the United States Census.
- In April 2020, she spoke about the importance of social distancing, and the power of community engagement, during the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.
- In September 2020, she helped organize a shopping-spree event for women first responders.
Who is Gisele Barreto Fetterman married to?
Gisele Barreto Fetterman is a married woman. She is married to her husband, John Fetterman. In the year 2007, she met John Fetterman, then the mayor of Braddock, Pennsylvania, after writing him a letter inquiring about the town’s role in the steel industry. They were married in the year 2008. John Fetterman is the present Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania. The couple is also blessed with three children named Karl, Grace, and August. As of today, the family lives in a renovated loft in a former car dealership building, built-in 1920, in Braddock. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Gisele was the subject of an online controversy in February 2020 after her husband posted a picture to social media showing her in a Rio Carnival costume.
On 11th October 2020, Fetterman was verbally assaulted by a white woman at a grocery store, who used racial slurs and told Fetterman that she “did not belong here [in America].” She filmed the incident and posted the video on social media stating, “This behavior and this hatred is taught. If you know her, if she is your neighbor or relative, please, please teach her love instead”.
What is the Net Worth of Gisele Barreto Fetterman?
Gisele Barreto Fetterman is an activist, philanthropist, and non-profit executive. She has made a huge amount of money from her career. Whereas the net worth of Gisele is still to get disclosed yet. Her estimated net worth is between $1 Million-$5 Million as of 2020. She endorsed Senator Elizabeth Warren in the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries. Her financial details regarding her salary, income, and more are to be revealed yet. Her major source of earning is from her activist career and she is satisfied with her earnings without any doubt. She is living a cool lifestyle from her earnings.
How tall is Gisele Barreto Fetterman?
Gisele Barreto Fetterman is a very charming lady with a glowing face. She has got a very high confidence level attracting a lot of people with her great voice and personality. She has got a perfect height matching with her body weight. Her body build is slim as she maintained her body a lot. In August 2020, she spoke publicly about her use of medical marijuana to treat chronic back pain. Her other body details such as breast size, bra size, waist size, height, and more are still to get revealed yet.