Harry Souttar is a professional footballer. He currently plays as a defender for EFL Championship club Stoke City. He is reportedly the most highly-rated defender of Australian football and in the EFL Championship league as well. He began his professional career with Dundee United.
Eligible for both the Australian and Scottish national teams, Souttar has chosen to represent the Australian national team since 2019. Previously, Souttar represented Scotland at youth levels before making his debut for the Australia under-23 team, followed by the senior team, in 2019. Souttar has played a key role for the Australian national team in the ongoing 2022 world cup being held in Qatar.
Where is Harry Souttar from?
Harry Souttar was born on 22nd October 1998 in Aberdeen, a city in North East Scotland, and is the third most populous city in the country. His birthname is Harry James Souttar. He holds an Australian as well as Scottish nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity. His star sign is Libra. He is a follower of Christianity.
Souttar was born into a middle-class sports background family. His father, Jack, was a footballer who played for the Scottish football club, Brechin City in the 1970s. His mother Heather is an Australian born in Port Hedland, Western Australia. He had five siblings; three older brothers named John, Harry, and Aaron, and two sisters, Ailsa and Mhiran.
Who does Harry Souttar play for?
Harry Souttar began his football career by joining the Brechin City Boys Club in the late 2000s.
- Souttar played for the Dundee United development team, alongside his brother John in February 2015
- He made his senior team debut against Partick Thistle in a Scottish Premiership match on 10th May 2016.
- Souttar was officially transferred to Stoke City (then Premier League club) on 29th September 2016.
- He made his Stoke City debut on 23rd August 2017 against Rochdale.
- After signing a new contract with Stoke City, Souttar joined Scottish Premiership side Ross County on 24 January 2018 until the end of the season.
- On 30 January 2019 Souttar joined EFL League One side Fleetwood Town on loan for the remainder of the 2018–19 season and also played on loan for the 2019–20 season.
- Souttar made his league debut for Stoke City on 26th September 2020.
- In February 2021, he signed a new long-term contract with Stoke City.
- He scored his first goal for Stoke City against Wycombe Wanderers on 6 March 2021.
Harry Souttar International Career
- In 2015, Souttar was called to represent Scotland’s under-17 team against Romania making his debut for the team in February 2015.
- On 6 March 2019, he was called up to the Australia national under-23 soccer team.
- On 10 October 2019, He made his international debut for the Australian national team in a World Cup qualifier against Nepal.
- Souttar was selected for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and was part of the Olyroos Olympic squad which beat Team Argentina.
- In November 2022, he was selected for Australia’s squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Harry Souttar Transfer news
- On 29th September 2016, he was officially transferred to EFL side Stoke City for a fee of around £200,000.
Harry Souttar Awards and Achievement
- Stoke City’s Player Of The Month: October 2020
- EFL Young Player of the Month: February 2020
Who is Harry Soutar’s girlfriend?
Harry Souttar appears to have a beautiful girlfriend whose name is not revealed yet. Souttar frequently posts cozy and lovely pics with his girlfriend on his official Instagram account and the duo seems to be a perfect match for each other. His girlfriend is a registered nurse.
In one of his Instagram posts posted on 6th April 2020, the caption reads- “My hero starts her final 12-week placement tomorrow and then becomes a fully qualified nurse at the end of it. 3 years of hard work are nearly over. Like all the other nurses at the moment doing an unbelievable job Thank you” which reflects his abundance of love and encouragement for her from his side.
Like Souttar, his girlfriend is also a big fan and supporter of him. She has been there in Qatar for the last few weeks to support our defender alongside his mum Heather, and dad Jack.
What is the net worth of Harry Souttar?
As of November 2022, The net worth of Harry Soutar is estimated to be US $2 million. In the 2022- 2023 football season, the center-back signed a contract with Stoke City that nets him a whopping £220,000 annually. His current market value is €4.5 million.
The football star hasn’t lack behind in living a moderate lifestyle through his decent earnings. He owns real estate properties in Scotland and Australia. The player drives a 2019 Toyota Kluger GX (4×4) four-door wagon.
How tall is Harry Souttar?
Harry Souttar is 6 ft 6 inches tall and his body weight is around 80 Kg. He has an Athletic build body. As a football player, he regularly does workouts and gym exercises to keep himself fit and active. He has a side faded raised hairstyle that is light brown in color. His eyes color are brown.
He always does heavy exercise which includes weight lifting, push-ups, Single-leg squats, Dumbbell bench step-ups, and others. He arrives every morning at the Stoke City FC football training center for warm-ups and training.
Leave a Reply