Mohammed Salisu is a Ghanaian professional footballer. He currently plays as a center-back for Premier League club Southampton. On the international level, he has represented Ghana National team since 2020 making five appearances by scoring 2 goals.
In November 2022, Salisu was selected for the world cup squad of Ghana by head coach Otto Addo. He is really playing well with the team. His team Ghana has a last-group match with the South American nation Uryaguay and the team are keen to seek revenge on Uruguay due to their controversial loss in the 2010 world cup with the former.
Where was Mohammed Salisu Born?
Mohammed Salisu was born on 17th April 1999 in Kumasi, a city in the Ashanti Region in Ghana. His birth name is Mohammed Salisu Abdul Karim. He holds Ghanaian nationality and belongs to the Black ethnicity. His star sign is Aries. He is a follower of Christianity.
Salisu was born into a middle-class family. His parents are natives of Ghana. He has a younger brother of the same mold as him who plays in the same African Talent Football Academy where Salisu played during his youth football career.
Which team does Mohammed play for?
Salisu began his football career at the youth academy of Kumasi Barcelona Babies in 2012 followed by the West African Football Academy in 2013 and African Talent Football Academy in 2017.
- In 2017, Mohammed Salisu joined the youth academy of Valladolid FC.
- He made his senior debut with the Valladolid “B” on 28th January 2018.
- On 16th July 2018, Salisu was promoted to the first team of Valladolid FC.
- He made his professional debut on 9th January 2019 in the 2018–19 Copa del Rey season
- On 22nd May 2019, Salisu extended his contract to keep him at the club until 2022.
- He made his La Liga debut in the 2019-20 season against Real Betis.
- On 12th August 2020, Salisu joined Premier League club Southampton for a fee worth £10.9 million.
- Salisu made his Southampton debut on 11 February 2021, six months after signing for the club.
- He made his Premier League debut on 14th February 2021.
- On 21 September 2021, Salisu scored his first professional goal for Southampton against Sheffield United in the EFL Cup.
Mohammed Salisu International Career
- In November 2019, Salisu received his first call-up to Ghana’s senior squad.
- Salisu made his debut for Ghana on 23rd September 2022 in a friendly match against Brazil.
- On 17th November 2022, Salisu scored his first goal in a friendly against Switzerland.
Mohammed Transfer news
- On 12 August 2020, Salisu joined Premier League club Southampton for a fee worth £10.9 million from Valladolid FC.
Is Mohammed Salisu married?
If we take a glimpse at Salisu’s social media accounts like Instagram, and Facebook we cannot trace or find any proof regarding his girlfriend or any link with the girl. In every photo and video posted by him, we can only find him clicking photos of himself or with his co-actors and family.
From here we can know that he is a guy highly dedicated to his career and work. Possibly, his focus on his profession might have made this handsome dude stay away from the relationship bond. But we are not 100 percent sure about his relationship background because who knows that he might have secretly dated his loved one.
How much does Mohammed Salisu earn?
As of December 2022, the net worth of Mohammed Salisu is estimated to be around US $1 million. In July 2021 the right-back signed a contract with Southampton FC that nets him a whopping salary of £1.2 million annually. His current market value is €18 million.
The football star hasn’t lack behind in living a moderate lifestyle through his massive earnings. He owns a beautiful apartment in Southampton. His family has real estate property in Ghana. The player drives a Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe which is worth about $34,000.
How tall is Mohammed Salisu?
Mohammed Salisu is 6 ft 3 inches tall and his body weight is around 82 kg. He has an Athletic build body. As a football player, he regularly does workouts and gym exercises to keep himself fit and active. He has a dreadlock haircut that is black in color. His eyes color are also black as well.
He always does heavy exercise which includes weight lifting, push-ups, Single-leg squats, Dumbbell bench step-ups, and others. He arrives every morning at the Southampton FC football training center for warm-ups and training.
Leave a Reply