Howard Finkel is an American wrestling announcer who works in WWE until his death. He was hired at the World Wide Wrestling Federation in 1975 by Vincent J. McMahon and began announcing in Madison Square Garden from 1977, then was hired by WWE in 1979. to know more about him and his death, you can read below the article.
What is Howard Finkel famous for?
- An American professional wrestling ring announcer.
- His appearances in WWE.
Where is Howard Finkel from?
Going back to his early life, Howard was born in Newark, New Jersey, the United States to his parents. However, the information of his parents and siblings details are still under review. He holds American citizenship and belongs to White ethnicity. His birth sign is Gemini. further, his education details are yet to be disclosed.
Howard Finkel Career Timeline
- Talking about his profession, Howard Finkel is an employee of the WWE after hired him in 1975 by Vince McMahon, Sr. He debuted as a ring announcer at Madison Square Garden on January 17th, 1977.
- By 1979, he had become the organization’s lead ring announcer for their biggest events. He became the first employee of the WWE on April 1st, 1980 and had been the longest-lasting employee until his death.
- Throughout his career, His distinctive voice was sometimes used in the title sequence for the company’s various television programs. he came up with the event name “WrestleMania”, as well as Ricky Steamboat’s “Dragon” nickname.
- In 1984, He became WWF’s lead ring announcer for television tapings, replacing the retired Joe McHugh.
- On January 19th, 1987, He has presented a plaque by Gene Okerlund, commemorating ten years of announcing at Madison Square Garden. In 1993, at the “Roman”-themed WrestleMania IX, he was introduced in a toga as Finkus Maximus.
- In 1995, He took a seven-month hiatus from ring announcing on pay-per-views and television broadcasts and was replaced by Manny Garcia. He returned to full-time ring announcing at Royal Rumble 1996.
- In August 1999, He became a lackey of the recently debuted Chris Jericho. On August 26th, during the pilot episode of WWF SmackDown, Jericho encouraged him to attack SmackDown announcer Tony Chimel and take back his place as lead announcer.
- By 2000, He had taken a lighter schedule with the additions of Lilian Garcia and Tony Chimel to Raw and SmackDown, respectively, but he still announced for some of the WWF/E’s pay-per-view events.
- By 2006, He was rarely heard from even at pay-per-view wrestling events. However, he regularly announced at house shows and would introduce the WWE Hall of Fame inductees at WrestleMania.
- On September 7th, 2009, he announced in special guest host Bob Barker’s The Price is Right-inspired segments. He was in the background of the Decade of SmackDown celebrations on the October 2 episode.
- He returned to ring announcing for one night only on the November 15th, 2010 “Old School” episode of Raw. He appeared on an episode of NXT, in an “Outthink the Fink” challenge.
- On November 20th, 2011, at Survivor Series in Madison Square Garden, he was the special ring announcer for CM Punk, in his WWE Championship match against Alberto Del Rio.
- In 2014, He was a cast member on the WWE Network original reality show, Legends’ House. He also served as the off-screen announcer for the network’s comedy series, The Edge and Christian Show. His role in announcing the WWE Hall of Fame inductees at WrestleMania passed to other ring announcers in the WWE beginning in 2017.
- On January 22nd, 2018, at the 25th anniversary of Monday Night Raw, he was the announcer to introduce The Undertaker, although it was a recording due to him being unable to attend the event.
- During the final years of his life, he worked in a backstage role for WWE.
Who was Howard Finkel married to?
Howard Finkel was married to her wife, Cathie C. Finkel. Together, the couple blessed a son. The couple lives blissful life until his death on April 16th, 2020 which separated them forever. There is no information available that elaborates that he has an affair outside of his death. That’s means, he is quite responsible and serious about his wife’s love.
How did Howard Finkel die?
Howard Finkel passed away on April 16th, 2020 at the age of 69. His family is yet to disclose his cause of death. This information will be updated as soon as it’s available.
Similarly, WWE expressed their loss and send their condolences to family and friends. Stephanie McMahon also saying, “In what has already been a tough week for our @WWE family, today we lost our 1st ever employee and WWE Hall of Famer, @howardfinkel.” “Howard’s voice is iconic & recognized by generations of fans. He will be missed. #RIPHowardFinkel Thank you for everything.” RIP, Fink.
Further, His Friends and workmates have expressed their loss and took to social media to console Howard’s family and friends during this hard time.
What is Howard Finkel’s net worth?
Howard Finkel is one of the greatest ring announcers of all time in WWE, who has an estimated net worth of $1 million to his death. His source of income comes from his WWE career as an announcer. However, his salary and asset details are still under review.
How tall was Howard Finkel?
Talking about his body statistics, Howard has a height of 5 feet 8 inches and his weight is currently unknown. His eyes are brown and his hair is bald. His further body information is still under review. Whenever we updated, we will let you know.