Jennifer Nettles is a Grammy award-winning American singer, songwriter, actress, and record producer who is best known for being the lead vocalist of the American country music duo “Sugarland” alongside singer, Kristian Bush. She is also well recognized for performing on the Atlanta-based bands “Soul Miner’s Daughter” and “Jennifer Nettles Band”. She has released several solo singles including “That Girl”, “Me Without You”, “Unlove You”, “Wait For It”, and “Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin”.
She has also made her guest appearances in several shows and series including “CMT Crossroads”, “Underground”, “The Launch”, and “Puppy Dog Pals”. She portrayed the role of Eliza Brodess in the 2019 American biographical film “Harriet”.cShe has won three Grammy Award throughout her career.
Besides, she is active in the social media platform with around 359k followers on her verified Instagram account: @jennifernettles and around 340k followers on her verified Twitter account: @JenniferNettles. She uploads her new singles and albums on the verified Youtube channel of her own name “Jennifer Nettles”.
Recently on July 4, 2021, on the occasion of American Independence Day, she gave a beautiful performance on PBS’ A Capitol Fourth with an iconic track called “Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin’,” from the 1943 musical, Oklahoma!.
What is Jennifer Nettles famous for?
- Famous as a Grammy award-winning American singer, songwriter, actress, and record producer
- Known for being the lead vocalist of the music duo “Sugarland” alongside singer, Kristian Bush.
Source: [email protected]
Where is Jennifer Nettles from?
Jennifer Nettles was born on September 12, 1974, in Douglas, Georgia, United States. Her birth name is Jennifer Odessa Nettles. She holds an American nationality. Her ethnicity is White while Virgo is her zodiac sign.
She was born in a well-to-do family in Georgia. She has a brother named, Seth Ricketson and a sister named, Katie Bryce Ricketson. She was raised by her mother, Carla Temple, and her father alongside her siblings. She did her schooling at Coffee High School. Since her childhood, she was interested in singing and also performed in several school programs that she usually used to perform at the school assemblies, her Southern Baptist church, and also in community theater.
Following her schooling she went on to study Sociology and Anthropology at Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Georgia, later graduating in 1997.
Jennifer Nettles’s Career Highlights
- Jennifer Nettles started her career when she became one of the members of Georgia 4-H’s Clovers & Company performing arts group at age of 12 in 1986 where she remained till 1993.
- Her professional career began when she and Cory Jones founded the combo “Soul Miner’s Daughter,” which performed as an acoustic duo as well as with a band.
- Their debut album, “The Sacred and Profane,” was published in 1996, followed by “Hallelujah” in 1998.
- She created the Jennifer Nettles Band with four other instrumentalists in 1999, and they have since released three studio albums and two live albums.
- Among the 2000 bands who competed in “The Big Deal $100,000 Music Search,” the group was named the grand prize winner.
- She then teamed up with Kristen Hall and Kristian Bush to form the country music group “Sugarland” in 2003.
- After Hall left the group, Nettles and Bush continued as a duo releasing “Enjoy the Ride” in November 2006. The same year, the band went on to get their first-ever Grammy Award nomination.
- Nettles and Bon Jovi won a Grammy for Best Country Vocal Collaboration for the song, “Who Says You Can’t Go Home” in 2007.
- In 2009, the Sugarland band won awards for Best Country Song and Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group.
- Sugarland went on to make history when they were presented with the Vocal Duo of the Year award breaking the 9 year run of Brooks & Dunn in 2009.
- She hosted the CMA Country Christmas for 6 consecutive years from 2010 till 2016.
- She appeared as a judge on the ABC singing competition series, “Duets” in 2012.
- On January 14, 2014, she released her first-ever solo album titled “That Girl”.
- She made her acting debut in the NBC television movie, “Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors” in 2015. She reprised her role in “Dolly Parton’s Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Love” in 2016.
- The same year of 2015, she made her Broadway debut when she played the role of Roxie Hart.
- In 2016, she released a song from her second album, “Playing with Fire” titled “Unlove You”.
- In 2017, Sugarland made their re-union with their sixth studio album, “Bigger”.
- She portrayed Aimee-Leigh Gemstone in HBO’s dark comedy, “The Righteous Gemstones” in 2019.
Jennifer Nettles’s Husband
Jennifer Nettles is a married woman and has been married just two times to date. Her first marriage was with Todd Can Sickle with whom she was married for 9 years from 1998 till 2007. After her divorce, she went on to date Justin Miller for two years till they got married on November 26, 2011, in a sunset ceremony at Blackberry Farm in East Tennessee. The couple together has a son whom they welcomed in December 2012.
Besides, she has been involved in several non-profit organizations that she even had raised more than $120k for the Shalom foundation in 2007.
She even had launched the “Common Thread” event to share music to raise money for several charities like the American Cancer Society, American Liver Foundation, Honor the Earth, and Intercultural Family Services in 2008. Nettles was awarded the first CMT Equal Play award for her activism in the fight for equal play at the 2020 CMT Music Awards.
Jennifer Nettles’s Net Worth
Jennifer Nettles has quite good earnings from her professional career as a singer-songwriter. Having her career started at age of 12 starting as a small artist, she has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular country-music singers of all time. Her contributions towards country music as a member of “Sugarland”, also as a solo singer have proved a too immense success. Her source of income is surely her music deals, her music albums, and also her acting career.
Including which she has an estimated net worth of around $20 million. With her million worth of earnings, she has surely managed to have a luxurious lifestyle. Also, she donates money for charity works.
Jennifer Nettles’s Height
Jennifer Nettles is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained slim body physique in her 40s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 4inch.(1.63m) while her body weighs around 55kg(121 lbs). Her maintained body physique has a measurement of 34-24-35 inches with 34B as her bra size, 6(US) as her dress size, 8(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with hazel eyes and brown hair.