Jrue Holiday is an American professional basketball player who is playing for the current team, Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He agreed to a four-year contract extension with the Bucks, worth up to $160 million. He had an option for the 2021-22 season worth $26 million. His playing position is Point Guard or Shooting Guard. He played college basketball for one season with the UCLA Bruins before being selected by the Philadelphia 76ers in the first round of the 2009 NBA draft with the 17th overall pick. He helped the 76ers reach the second round of the 2012 playoffs, where they were defeated by the Boston Celtics in 7 games. While in Philadelphia he played four seasons where he was named an NBA All-Star in his fourth season, before being traded to the Pelicans in 2013. He is a three-time NBA All-Defensive Team member.
- Being an American professional basketball player.
- Being Point Guard for the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
What is the Ethnicity of Jrue Holiday?
Jrue Holiday took birth on 12th June 1990 in Los Angeles, California, the USA. His present age is 31 as of 2021. He holds American nationality and his ethnic background is Mixed of African-American. His race is Black. His real name is Jrue Randall Holiday. About his parents, he was born to Toya Holiday (mother) and Shawn Holiday (father). His parents both played college basketball at Arizona State, where Toya was named Pac-10 Player of the Year in 1982. His cousins are Jessica, Jenna, Jade, Jaelyn, and James. He also has three siblings. His brothers, Justin and Aaron are also NBA players. His younger sister, Lauren, played college basketball on the UCLA women’s team. Gemini is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christian religion. He has said, “I’m a Christian athlete who has faith in Jesus Christ. So when I encounter circumstances over which I have no control, I believe and have peace.”
Regarding his educational qualification, Jrue Holiday went to Campbell Hall School from where he started his basketball career. In his senior year, he averaged 25.9 points with 6.9 assists, 11.2 rebounds, and 4.8 steals per game. He was rated the No. 1 point guard and the No. 2 overall prospects in the Class of 2008 by Rivals.com. He was also named the 2008 Gatorade National Player of the Year and a Parade Magazine First Team All-American. He also played in the McDonald’s All-American Game, tallying 14 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, and 5 steals. He then played alongside fellow future NBA player Darren Collison in the backcourt at UCLA during his 2008-2009 season. In 35 games (all starts), Holiday averaged 8.5 points, 3.8 rebounds, 3.7 assists, and 1.6 steals in 27.1 minutes per game. He had 13 points and six assists in UCLA’s one-point win over Virginia Commonwealth in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. After then, he declared for the NBA draft, forgoing his final three years of college eligibility.
How was the Professional Basketball Career of Jrue Holiday?
- Jrue Holiday’s professional career began when he was drafted 17th overall by the Philadelphia 76ers in the 2009 NBA draft. He scored a season-high 25 points against the Toronto Raptors on 3rd April 2010 and set a new career-high with 29 points against the Cleveland Cavaliers on 5th November 2010.
- He then recorded his first career triple-double with 11 points, 10 rebounds, and 11 assists against the New Jersey Nets on 2nd February 2011.
- Breaking his record, he set a new career-high with 30 points against the Chicago Bulls on 17th March 2012, and again he set a new career-high with 33 points against the Phoenix Suns on 25th November 2012.
- He recorded his second career triple-double with 16 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists against the Suns on 2nd January 2013.
- He scored a career-high 35 points against the New York Knicks on 26th January 2013.
- Then, he was traded to the New Orleans Pelicans on 12th July 2-13 which became the Pelicans’ 2014 first-round draft pick. His 2013-14 season ended prematurely after season-ending surgery in February 2014 for a stress fracture in his right tibia. In 34 games, he averaged 14.3 points, 7.9 assists, and 1.6 steals per game.
- He reached 5,000 career points. against the Washington Wizards on 5th January 2-15. He scored a career-high 38 points against the Charlotte Hornets on 9th March 2-16.
- He made his season debut on 18th November 2016 after missing 12 games as he was on a leave of absence to care for his wife.
- He had 33 points and 10 assists in a 124-122 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on 23rd January 2017.
- He re-signed with the Pelicans on 6th July 2017 and had a season-high 34 points and 11 assists in a 122–118 loss to the Toronto Raptors on 9th November. After then, he had played against Golden State Warriors, Philadelphia 76ers, Houston Rockets, Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Clippers, Chicago Bulls.
- On 26th March, he underwent season-ending surgery to repair a core muscle injury.
- He scored a season-high 37 points, to go with nine rebounds and eight assists in a 120–107 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on 8th March 2020.
- He was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks in a four-team trade on 24th November 2020.
- He scored 15 points in 23 minutes and hit a game-winning 11-foot jump shot in a game against the Memphis Grizzlies on 4th March 2021.
- He scored a season-high 33 points on 14-of-23 shooting with seven rebounds and 11 assists in a win over the Kings on 3rd April.
- Then, he agreed to a four-year contract extension with the Bucks, worth up to $160 million. Holiday had an option for the 2021-22 season worth $26 million.
- In Game 6 of the Conference Finals against the Atlanta Hawks, he dropped 27 points, nine rebounds, and nine assists in a 118-107 win, leading the Bucks to the NBA Finals for the first time since 1974.
Awards and Achievements
- NBA All-Star (2013)
- 2× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2018, 2021)
- NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2019)
- NBA Teammate of the Year (2020)
- NBA Sportsmanship Award (2021)
- Pac-10 All-Freshman Team (2009)
- Gatorade National Player of the Year (2008)
- First-team Parade All-American (2008)
- Third-team Parade All-American (2007)
- McDonald’s All-American (2008)
- California Mr. Basketball (2008)
Who is Jrue Holiday married to?
Jrue Holiday is a married man. He married the United States women’s national soccer team midfielder Lauren Cheney on 7th July 2013. The pair first met at a UCLA women’s basketball game during his only season at the school. While he was approaching his seat, a young girl asked if he was Darren Collison and asked for his autograph. After explaining that he was not Collison and preparing to take his seat, Cheney, who was seated behind him, said, “Don’t worry, you’re cuter than Darren is.” During that time, both of them were in relationships with others, but they became friends and began dating after he was drafted by the Sixers. They also began hosting annual combo basketball and soccer clinics at UCLA. Jrue is a very supportive husband. He took an indefinite leave from the Pelicans to care for his wife after she was diagnosed with a brain tumor in September 2016. He had brain surgery only weeks after giving birth to the couple’s daughter, Jrue Tyler Holiday. They had their second child, a boy named Hendricks, in late 2020. At present, the happily married couple is enjoying their present life a lot. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Jrue Holiday?
Jrue Holiday is a professional basketball player for Milwaukee Bucks. The net worth of Jrue is estimated to have $30 Million as of 2021. He signed a 5-year contract with the New Orleans Pelicans of $131,805,000, including $128,130,000 guaranteed and an annual average salary of $26,361,000 as of 2021. He earned a base salary of $25,396,111 in 2018-19, and a incentive bonus of $580,000, while carrying a cap hit of $25,976,111 and a dead cap value of $106,148,333. He recently agreed to a four-year contract extension with the Bucks, worth up to $160 million. Holiday had an option for the 2021-22 season worth $26 million. His career earnings through the NBA salary will touch just below $150 million in 2021. He has also done endorsement deals with various renowned brands including Nike. Not only this but also he has endorsement deals with Panini, SeatGeek, Carnival Corp, Sprint Corp, and Smoothie King valued at $500,000 by Forbes. In 2013, he purchased a $1.3 million worth of mansion in Metairie, Louisiana, US.
How tall is Jrue Holiday?
Jrue Holiday is a handsome man who has a towering height of 6 ft 3 in or 1.91 m. His balanced weight consists of 93 Kg or 205 lbs. His chest size is 46 in, waist size is 35 in and biceps size is 15 in. His shoe size is 15 US. His eye color and hair color, both is black. He has not inked tattoos on his body. He is a non-vegetarian and he is very conscious about his food intake.