Julianne Moore is an American actress and author who has been active in the entertainment industry since the 1990s till now. In Hollywood movies, she has received many accolades, including an Academy Award, two Golden Globes, and two Primetime Emmy Awards. Time magazine named Julianne Moore as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2015 and in 2020, The New York Times ranked her #11 in its list of the “25 Greatest Actors of the 21st Century”. She debuted with the 1990 horror anthology film “Tales From The Darkside: The Movie” for her role as Susan. Her first TV appearance was in 1984 in an episode of a soap opera named “The Edge of Night” for her role as Carmen Engler. Other movies and TV shows in which Julianne Moore appeared included The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (1992), Short Cuts (1993), Vanya on 42nd Street (1994), Safe (1995), Nine Months (1995), The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997), Boogie Nights (1997), The End of the Affair (1999), Far from Heaven (2002), The Hours (2002), The Big Lebowski (1998), Magnolia (1999), Hannibal (2001), Children of Men (2006), A Single Man (2009), The Kids Are All Right (2010), Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011), Game Change (2012), Still Alice (2014), Maps to the Stars (2014), The Hunger Games film series and the spy film Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017). She starred in the film Bel Canto (2018), After the Wedding (2019), and The Glorias (2020). As an author, she has written children’s books including “Freckleface Strawberry” (2007), Freckleface Strawberry And The Dodgeball Bully (2009), Freckleface Strawberry Best Friends Forever (2011), “My Mom Is a Foreigner, But Not to Me” (2013), Freckleface Strawberry: Backpacks! (Step into Reading) (2015), Freckleface Strawberry: Lunch, or What’s That? (Step into Reading) (2015), Freckleface Strawberry: Loose Tooth! (Step into Reading) (2016), Freckleface Strawberry and the Really Big Voice, (2016).
- Being an American actress and children’s author.
- Being described by the media as one of the most talented and accomplished actresses of her generation.
- For her roles in “Hannibal” (2001) as agent Clarice Starling, The Hours (2002) as Laura Brown, in “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay” film series as President Alma Coin, as politician Sara Palin in HBO political drama film “Game Change” in 2012.
- Being recognized for her portrayals of emotionally troubled women in both independent film and blockbuster productions.
Where is Julianne Moore from?
Julianne Moore was born with the real name of Julie Anne Smith. She was born as Julie, but she changed the name from Julie Anne Smith to Julianne Moore as there was already a Julie Anne Smith. Moore is the middle name of her father and Anne is her mom’s name. So, without hurting anyone’s feelings, she combined Julie and Anne and formed Julianne. Finally, she started using her name as Julianne Moore. Her born date is 3rd December 1960 and her birthplace is Fort Bragg, North Carolina, the USA. About her parents, she was born to Peter Moore Smith (Served in the U.S Army as a paratrooper; Afterwards, he got the rank of a colonel and then became a military judge) and Anne Love Smith (Psychologist and a social worker from Scotland). She also has two siblings named Peter Moore Smith (younger brother), and Valerie Smith (younger sister). She belongs to American-British nationality and she came from a mixed ethnic background as she is of Irish- German- Welsh- Ashkenazi Jewish- English- Scottish descent. Her birth sign is Sagittarius and her religion is Atheist. Julianne’s present age is 60 as of 2020.
Julianne Moore attended J. E. B. Stuart High School in Virginia. She then attended Frankfurt American High School. She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in Theatre from the School of the Arts, Boston University (1983).
How was the Career of Julianne Moore?
- Julianne Moore moved to New York City where she began working as a waitress.
- She began her career in 1985 with off-Broadway theatre and her first screen role came in 1985, in an episode of the soap opera The Edge of Night.
- She came to the limelight after she joined the cast of As the World Turns. Playing the dual roles of half-sisters Frannie and Sabrina Hughes.
- She also had a role in the 1987 CBS miniseries I’ll Take Manhattan and has appeared in TV movies such as Money, Power, Murder (1989), The Last to Go (1991) and Cast a Deadly Spell (1991).
- In the 1990s, she got her first movie role in the film Tales of the Dark Side wherein she played the victim of the mummy which was later followed by the thriller The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, The Gun in Betty Lou’s Handbag, Body of Evidence, Benny & Joon, The Fugitive, Short Cuts, Vanya on 42nd Street, Safe, Roommates, Nine Months, Assassins, Surviving Picasso, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, The Myth of Fingerprints, Chicago Cab, Boogie Nights, The Big Lebowski, An Ideal Husband, The End of the Affair, A Map of the World, Magnolia, among others.
- During her 2000s, she made her cameo role in the comedy The Ladies Man and then appeared in the play “Not I”.
- She appeared as FBI Agent Clarice Starling in “Hannibal” in 2001. Then, she starred in three more 2001 releases: with David Duchovny in the science fiction comedy “Evolution”, in her husband’s dramatic film World “Traveler”, and with Kevin Spacey, Judi Dench, and Cate Blanchett in “The Shipping News”.
- She next starred in “Far from Heaven”, “The Hours”, “Marie and Bruce”, “Laws of Attraction”, “The Forgotten”, “Trust the Man”, “The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio”, “Freedomland”, “Children of Men”.
- She made her Broadway debut in the world premiere of David Hare’s play The Vertical Hour.
- She played an FBI agent for the second time in “Next” (2007) and also appeared in “I’m Not There” (2007).
- In 2008, she starred with Mark Ruffalo in “Blindness”. She also had a supporting role in “The Private Lives of Pippa Lee”, and then starred in the erotic thriller “Chloe” in 2009. In the same year, she appeared in “A Single Man”.
- She played a guest role in the fourth season of “30 Rock”. She also returned to “As the World Turns” as Frannie Hughes.
- Her first big-screen appearance of the new decade was Shelter (2010) and she next starred with Annette Bening in the independent film “The Kids Are All Right” (2010).
- She had a supporting role in “Crazy, Stupid, Love” and next starred in the HBO television film “Game Change”.
- She made two film appearances in 2012; Being Flynn and What Maisie Knew.
- She began 2013 with a supporting role in Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s comedy “Don Jon”. Her next appearance was a starring role in the comedy “The English Teacher” (2013).
- Her first release of the year 2014 came alongside Liam Neeson in the action-thriller “Non-Stop” which was followed by “Maps to the Stars”, “The Hunger Games film series, Mockingjay – Part 1”.
- In the drama “Still Alice”, she played the leading role of a linguistics professor diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease.
- In the year 2015, Moore appeared in “Seventh Son”, “Freeheld”, “Maggie’s Plan”, “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2”.
- She had three film releases in 2017; “Wonderstruck”, “Suburbicon”, “The Golden Circle”.
- She had two films that premiered in 2018; “Gloria Bell”, and “Bel Canto”.
- The following year, she teamed with her husband once again in “After the Wedding” and then starred in “The Staggering Girl” in 2019.
- In the year 2020, she portrayed the feminist icon, Gloria Steinem, in the biopic “The Glorias”.
- In 2021, she had a supporting role in Joe Wright’s thriller “The Woman in the Window”.
- She will next star in “Lisey’s Story”, an Apple TV+ miniseries adapted from Stephen King’s thriller novel of the same name.
- She has also committed to portray Joy Mothertrucker, an ice road trucker, in Joey Soloway’s biopic “Mothertrucker” and to a supporting role in Stephen Chbosky’s musical “Dear Evan Hansen”.
Awards and Achievements
Julianne Moore is an Оѕсаr Аwаrd rесіріеnt асtrеѕѕ who hаѕ wоn 78 аwаrdѕ аnd 169 nоmіnаtіоnѕ during hеr саrееr. She has received five Academy Award nominations, nine Golden Globe nominations, seven SAG nominations, and four BAFTA nominations. She has won an Academy Award, two Golden Globes, a BAFTA, and two SAG Awards; she also has a Primetime Emmy and a Daytime Emmy. he has been named Best Actress at the Cannes Film Festival, Berlin International Film Festival, and Venice Film Festival – the fourth person, and the second woman, in history to achieve this. Frоm thе Оѕсаr Аwаrd tо thе Gоldеn Glоbе Аwаrd, ѕhе hаѕ wоn аlmоѕt еvеrу аwаrd оf Ноllуwооd fоr thе bеѕt асtrеѕѕ саtеgоrу. Shе hаѕ wоn Сrіtісѕ Сhоісе ТV Аwаrd, Оѕсаr Аwаrd, Gоldеn Glоbе Аwаrd, Dау-tіmе Еmmу Аwаrd among others. She won Oscar Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role for Still Alice (2014). Additionally, she won Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television for Game Change (2012). She won Felix Award for Best Supporting Actress for Boogie Nights (1997). She is one of only two actresses (the other is Juliette Binoche) to win the European “Best Actress Triple Crown” for wins at the Berlin, Cannes, and Venice film festivals.
Who is Julianne Moore Husband?
Julianne Moore is happily married to her husband, Bart Freundlich in August 2003. By profession, Bart Freundlich is a film and television director, producer, and screenwriter. Moore began a relationship with Bart Freundlich, her director on The Myth of Fingerprints, in 1996. The couple has two children; a son named, Caleb Freundlich (born – December 1997) and a daughter Liv Helen Freundlich (born – April 2002). The happily married lovebird is residing in Greenwich Village, New York City. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Back then, Julianne married actor and stage director, John Gould Rubin in the year 1986 after two years of dating. Later they divorced in the year 1995 after nine years of their married life.
How much is Julianne Moore Net Worth?
Julianne Moore is a successful actress and author who has accumulated a huge amount of money throughout her career. Аѕ оf 2021, thе аwаrd-wіnnіng асtrеѕѕ hаѕ а whорріng nеt wоrth оf $55 mіllіоn. She hаѕ mаdе mоnеу еntіrеlу thrоugh her асtіng work. She has appeared in television commercials and print adverts for Coach watches (2000), Revlon (2002), Coach leather handbags (2000), Revlon Age-Defying Foundation (2003), Aveda (2002), Revlon’s High-Dimension Haircolor (2003-2004), Montblanc watches (2006), Talbots fashion stores (2011), L’Oreal Paris’ Superior Preference” hair color system (2013), L’Oreal Paris’ Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil (2013) and others. Whereas her exact salary is still to get disclosed yet. Her major source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. She is also making a cool amount of money from her writing career. She is satisfied with her earnings. She is living a luxurious lifestyle as of now.
How tall is Julianne Moore?
Julianne Moore is a very beautiful and gorgeous actress with green eyes and red hair. She has a perfect height of 5 feet 3 inches or 160 cm and her weight is 54 Kg or 119 Pounds. Her body measurement is 36-26-35 inches, her dress size is 4 (US) and her shoe size is 7.5 (US). Her body type is athletic. Her bra size is 34B. Moore is a yoga freak and does Ashtanga yoga three times a week. She eats nutrient-dense food and mostly cooks her meals at home.
Leave a Reply