Mary Jesse “Jess” Walton, popularly known as Jess Walton is an American actress. Walton is best known for her role as Kelly Harper in the CBS soap opera Capitol. She is also known as Jill Abbott on the CBS soap opera, The Young and the Restless. She won several Daytime Emmy Awards from numerous nominations for her work in the show. She has appeared in several other movies and tv shows.
What is Jess Walton Famous For?
- Her role as Jill Abbott on the CBS soap opera, The Young and the Restless.
Where is Jess Walton From?
Jess Walton was born on 18 February 1949. Her birth name is Mary Jesse “Jess” Walton. Her birth place is Grand Rapids, Michigan in the United States. Her hometown is Toronto, Ontario in Canada. She holds American nationality. She belongs to white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. Her father is Frank Walton. Information about his mother and siblings is not available at present.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Loretto Abbey Catholic Secondary School.
Jess Walton Career
- Jess Walton left home at the age of 17. She joined a Toronto theater company.
- She moved to Hollywood to pursue an acting career in 1969.
- She signed with Universal Studios in 1970.
- She made her television debut with a guest role in the Western tv series, The Guns of Will Sonnett in 1969.
- She starred in small roles in several tv shows including The Young Lawyers, The F.B.I., Medical Center, Young Dr. Kildare, The Sixth Sense, Marcus Welby, M.D., The Rockford Files, Gunsmoke, Cannon, Ironside, Griff, Kojak, Toma, Sierra, Monkeys in the Attic, The Six Million Dollar Man, S.W.A.T., Starsky and Hutch, Jigsaw John, Baretta, Switch, Barnaby Jones, The Streets of San Francisco, Mrs. Columbo, and Inside among others.
- She made her major breakthrough after she landed the role of Kelly Harper on the CBS daytime soap opera, Capitol in 1984.
- She appeared in the soap opera until its cancellation in 1987.
- She was nominated for Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Daytime Drama in 1986 and 1988.
- She then landed another major role of Jill Abbott in the CBS soap opera, The Young and the Restless in 1987.
- She won the Daytime Emmy Award for Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her role in 1987. She was nominated for the same category in 1996, 2000, and 2017.
- She also won Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Daytime Drama in 1994. She was nominated for the same category in 1996 and 2000.
- She won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress for the same role in 1991.
- She has starred in several television and independent films but has yet to make a breakthrough in mainstream movies.
Who is Jess Walton Husband?
Jess Walton was a married woman. She was married to John James. The couple got married in 1980. They remained married until his death in August 2021. John James was an author and founder of The Grief Recovery Institute. The couple shares two children together, a son Cole, and a daughter, Allison.
Walton was previously married to actor, Bruce Davison. They were briefly married from 1972 to 1973. Their marriage was annulled.
She lives in Oregon.
What is Jess Walton Net Worth?
Jess Walton earns from her career in the entertainment industry. The majority of her income comes from her acting career. She has starred in numerous television shows including The Young and the Restless. She is paid a handsome salary for her work. Her net worth is estimated at around $8 million at present.
How Tall is Jess Walton?
Actress Jess Walton stands at the height of 1.7 m i.e. 5 feet and 7 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 143 lbs i.e. 65 kg. She has an average body build. Her hair color is brown and her eye color is light brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.