Jessica Pegula is an American professional tennis player. Having turned professional in 2009, she made her Grand Slam debut at the 2015 US Open as a qualifier. She won her first career WTA title, the Citi Open in August 2019. She reached the final of the 2020 ASB Classic, where she lost to Serena Williams. As of March 2020, she ranks at World No. 80. She previously reached a career-high ranking of World No. 55 in August 2019. She is the daughter of a billionaire businessman Terry Pegula and Kim Pegula.
What is Jessica Pegula Famous For?
- Won the first WTA title of her career, Citi Open in August 2019.
- Daughter of billionaire businessman, Terry Pegula and Kim Pegula.
Where is Jessica Pegula From?
Jessica Pegula was born on 24 February 1994. Her birth place is in Buffalo, New York in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She was born to a father, Terry Pegula, and a mother, Kim Pegula. She has Korean ancestry on her mother’s side. Her mother was born in Seoul, South Korea, and was adopted at the age of 5 by Ralph and Marilyn Kerr. Terry Pegula is a billionaire businessman who has investments in natural gas development and real estate and is also one of the principal owners of the NHL team, Buffalo Sabres and the NFL team, Buffalo Bills. Her mother, Kim is the president of Pegula Sports and Entertainment. Pegula Sports and Entertainment manages the Buffalo Sabres of the National Hockey League, Buffalo Bandits and Rochester Knighthawks of the National Lacrosse League, Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League, LECOM Harborcenter and Black River Entertainment, an independent record label based in Nashville, Tennessee.
She has 2 younger siblings, Kelly and Matthew. She also has 2 half-siblings, Michael and Laura from her father’s first marriage. She belongs to white ethnicity and her zodiac sign is Pisces.
Jessica Pegula Career
- Jessica Pegula turned professional in 2009.
- She earned a wild card exemption into the main draw of the US Open doubles tournament in August 2011. She was paired with Taylor Townsend. The pair lost to Vania King and Yaroslava Shvedova.
- She earned a wildcard to the qualifying draw in Indian Wells in March 2012. She defeated higher-ranked players Bojana Jovanovski and Paula Ormaechea to qualify for the main draw.
- She lost to Magdalena Ryberikova in three sets.
- She made her Grand Slam singles debut at the 2015 US Open as a qualifier.
- She defeated Shuko Aoyama, Margarita Gasparyan, and Melanie Oudin to reach the main draw.
- She defeated Alison Van Uytvanck in the first round of the 2015 US Open. She lost to Dominika Cibulkova in the second round.
- Paired with Meagan Manasse, they won the WTA Houston, United States 125K series in November 2018.
- She lost to Bianca Andreescu in the final of the WTA 125K series tournament, WTA Newport Beach, United States in January 2019.
- She won the first WTA title of her career, the Citi Open in August 2019.
- Paired with Caty McNally, they lost the finals at WTA Indian Wells, United States in March 2020.
- She defeated Camila Giorgi in the final.
- She defeated CiCi Bellis, Tamara Zidansek, Alize Cornet, and Carolie Wozniacki to reach the 2020 ASB Classic final.
- She lost to Serena Williams in the final.
- She is set to make her World TeamTennis debut joining the Orlando Storm in 2020.
Source: [email protected]
Jessica Pegula Dating
Jessica Pegula is unmarried. She has maintained a private life. She hasn’t dated anyone publicly. Earlier on Valentine’s Day in 2019, she shared a picture with a handsome man who could be her boyfriend. Details about her love life will be updated soon.
She lives in Charleston, South Carolina.
Jessica Pegula Height
Jessica Pegula stands at a height of 1.7 m i.e. 5 feet and 7 inches tall. She has a body weight of 70 k. She has an athletic body build. Her body measurements are 36-28-37 inches. Her eye color is brown and her hair color is blonde. Her shoe size is 10(US) and her dress size is 4(US).
Jessica Pegula Net Worth
Jessica Pegula earns from her professional career as a tennis player. As of August 2020, she has earned little over $1 million in prize money. Besides her professional tennis career, Pegula and her sister opened a quick-serve restaurant called Healthy Scratch in LECOM Harborcenter, an ice hockey themed mixed-use development owned by her parents in Buffalo, New York. They expanded their Scratch business to food truck service in 2017. Pegula released her own skincare line, Ready 24 in 2018. Besides all these, she is the daughter of a billionaire. She might inherit some of her father’s fortune in the future. As of now, her net worth is estimated at $1 million.