John Barrowman is a British-American actor, singer, presenter, and author who has appeared in movies like “De-Lovely”, The Producers, and Londen’s West end. He also played the role of Malcolm Merlyn in “The CW’s Arrow” and “Legends of Tomorrow”. He also had a voice role in the video games “Lego Dimensions”.
What is John Barrowman famous for?
- Famous as British-American actor, singer, and an author
- Recently on 18th November 2019, John Barrowman shocked his all the fan with his new hairstyle on the “I’m A Celebrity spin-off shown”.
- In his new hairstyle, he seems to be completely different as he used to have long brown hairs but now he has much shorter silver-fox
When was John Barrowman born?
John Barrowman was born on 11th March 1967 in Glasgow, Scotland. His birth name is John Scot Barrowman. British-American-Scottish is his nationality. His ethnicity is white. Pisces is his zodiac sign.
He was born to John lewis Barrowman(father) and Marion(mother). He is the youngest child of his parents. He has an elder sister, Carol and an elder brother, Andrew. His mother was a singer and worked as a recording artist while his father worked in the Caterpillar heavy machinery company. In the year 1975, his family migrated to Aurora, Illinois, the US where his father managed the Caterpillar Tractor Factory.
He did his schooling from Joliet West High School. Since his childhood, he was interested in music. So, he took part in many singing and dancing competitions. He also acted in many school dramas. From 1983-1986, he performed in many musical productions like “Oliver”, “Camelot”, “Hello”, and “Anything Goes”.
In his senior year, his father arranged work in Illinois Company for him and his siblings to shovel coal. In the year 1985, he graduated from high school. Then, he moved to San Diego for studying performing arts at the United States International University(USIU).
How’s John Barrowman’s career?
- John Barrowman started his professional career by portraying the role of Billy Crocker at the Prince Edward Theatre in the year, 1989.
- Then for a decade, he started to appear in the West End Productions in productions like “Matador”, “Hair”, “The Phantom of Opera” and “Beauty and the Beast”.
- He also appeared in the theatre movies like “The Fix”, “Hey Mr. Producer”, “Sondheim’s Company”, and “Trevor’s Nunn”.
- He also hosted the show “Live and Kicking” which aired on the BBC and also appeared in the game show “The Movie Game” from 1994-1996.
- He was a regular presenter at Channel 5’s afternoon show named “5’s a Company” from the year 1997-1999 and was also a host for BBC One in the year 2013-2014.
- In the year 2007, he became the judge on the BBC One TV series “Any Dream will do”. He also guest-presented three episodes of “This Morning” in the year 2012.
- He has appeared in numerous movies such as Method(2004), The Producers(2005), Zero Dart thirsty(2012), and Fireman Sam(2018).
- In the year 2018, he became a contestant in the show “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here”.
- He has many studio albums such as “Songs of Grease”, “Another Side”, “John Barrowman”, and “You Raise me”.
- In the year 2019, he published his latest studio album “A Fabulous Christmas”.
- He is the author of many books such as “Anything goes”, “Hollow Earth”, “I am What I am”, and “The Book of Beasts”.
Lifetime Achievements and Awards
John Barrowman was nominated for Lourence Olivier Award for best actor in a musical for his role of Cal Chandler in the musical “The Fix” in the year 1998. He also was nominated for the BAFTA Cymru Award for his role as Captain Jack in the series “Dr. Who and Torchwood”.
Who is John Barrowman married to?
The 52 years aged, Scot Barrowman is openly gay. He is married to British architect, Scott Gill. The couple legally tied the knot on 2nd July 2013 in California.
They met each other during the production of “Rope” in the year 1993 and they dated each other for 22 years. They got married after California Supreme Court overturned the ban on same-sex marriage on 1st July 2013.
At present, the couple is happily living together in London. They don’t have any children. Barrowman released his skincare line” HIM” in the year 2011.
What is the net worth of John Barrowman?
The actor, John Barrowman has an estimated net worth of $4 million as of 2019. The actor, author, and the musician has a good earning from his profession. His net worth includes all his present earnings and his property.
How tall is John Barrowman?
The 52 years aged, John Barrowman has a well-maintained body with a height of 6ft 1 inch(183 cm) and a weight of 80kg(175 lbs). His hair color is brown while his eye color is Blue. His shoe size is 9. He is also active on social media with around 450k followers on Twitter and 1.4 million followers on Instagram.