Jon Hamm is an American actor and producer who is popularly known for his role as Don Draper in the AMC television drama series, “Mad Men”(2007–2015). Hamm has managed to earn various awards including “Golden Globe Award”, “Primetime Emmy Award” and has received 16 Primetime Emmy Award nominations for his outstanding performances. Further, he has appeared in several television series like “Providence”, “The Division”, “What About Brian”, and “Related”.
What is Jon Hamm Famous for?
- Famous for his appearance as Don Draper in the AMC television drama series, “Mad Men”.
Where was Jon Hamm Born?
Jon Hamm was born on March 10, 1971, in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. His birth name is Jonathan Daniel Hamm. His nationality is American while he is of German, English, and Irish descent. Pisces is his zodiac sign.
John Hamm is the second child of her parents, Deborah Hamm(father) and Daniel Hamm(mother). His father had a family trucking company while his mother was a secretary. His parents however divorced when he was just 2, and then he lived with his mother until she died of colon cancer when he was 10.
Hamm was then looked after by his father and grandmother along with his two siblings: older sister, Jennifer Hinze and a younger sister, Julie Schulte.
Hamm did his schooling from John Burroughs School in Ladue during which he got his first acting role as Winnie-the-Pooh while he was in first grade. Hamm was also a member of the football, baseball and swim teams of the school. He was even cast as Judas in the play, “Godspell” at the age of 7.
He then joined the University of Texas in 1989 but he left and got transferred to the University of Missouri. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English in 1993.
Jon Hamm’s Career as an Actor
- John Hamm made his first film debut in the space adventure film, “Space Cowboys” in 2000. He also starred in the series “Providence” the same year.
- In 2001, he appeared with a minor role in the comedy, “Kissing Jessica Stein”.
- He got his breakthrough role after he appeared as Don Draper in the AMC television drama series, “Mad Men” in 2007. He received several awards for his performance.
- Hamm also played several minor roles in the television series like “What About Brian”, “CSI: Miami”, “Related”, “Numb3rs”, “The Unit”, and “The Sarah Silverman Program”.
- In 2008, he appeared in the sci-fi film, “The Day the Earth Stood Stil”.
- He got his first-ever leading role in the thriller film, “Stolen” in 2009.
- Hamm then starred in movies like “Million Dollar Arm”(2014), “Keeping Up with the Joneses”(2016), and “Beirut”(2018).
- Hamm also provided his voice in the films, “Shrek Forever After”(2010), “Minions”(2015) and series, “Legion”(2018).
- He also played the role of Craig Norman in the drama film, “Aardvark” in 2017.
- In 2019, he appeared as Gabriel in the Amazon Prime Video miniseries television series, “Good Omens”.
- Hamm is currently seen in his recent series, “Curb Your Enthusiasm” in 2020.
Who is Jon Hamm Married to?
Jon Hamm was previously in a relationship with a beautiful actress and screenwriter, Jennifer Westfeldt. The couple started dating since 1997 and after living together for more than 8 years the couple broke up. They had no children. The couple, however, had their own production company, “Points West Pictures” at the time.
Currently, Hamm is single and is maintaining proper social distance as responding to the current COVID-19 pandemic all over the world.
What is the Net Worth of Jon Hamm?
Jan Hamm, being one of the fabulous actors of Hollywood has managed to earn a fortune worth million dollars through his several movies and TV series. Hamm being in the film industry for more than 25 years now has undoubtedly amassed a million worth fortune which is estimated to be around $30 million. He makes a $275,000 per episode of series.
Hamm further adds few more dollars to his fortune through his several endorsements like “Mercedes-Benz”, “H&R Block” and “Skip TheDishes”. He is also an avid golfer and thus advertises for his golf team.
How Tall is Jon Hamm?
The 49 years old actor, Jon Hamm has a maintained athletic body physique. Hamm has managed to keep himself fit and healthy even when he is in his 40s. He has a fair complexion with dark brown hair and green eyes. He stands tall with a height of 6ft. 1inch while his body weighs around 92kg.
He has a fit body of measurement of 43 inches as his Chest Size, 14 inches as his Biceps Size and 36 inches as his Waist Size.