Jordan Mailata is a talented Samoan-Australian American football offensive tackle for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He was originally selected by Philadelphia in the seventh round (233rd overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft, despite having no prior football experience. He previously played rugby league for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs under-18s team and the South Sydney Rabbitohs in their under-20s team. He grew up playing rugby league for the Bankstown Bulls and was selected for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs’ Under 18s team in 2015. Moreover, Mailata signed a four-year, $64 million contract including $40.85 million guaranteed on 11th September 2021.
Aussie NFL ‘freight train’ makes $56m gamble look like a ‘bargain’
Jordan Mailata’s rapid rise in the NFL world is something out of Hollywood movies. “I’m waiting for somebody to say cut and the lights to come down,” the Australian said after signing a mammoth contract extension earlier in the week. Having already won the starting left tackle spot, Mailata is now guaranteed almost $56 million with the chance of pocketing $108 million should he meet performance clauses. It was only one game, but Mailata’s earth-shattering block in Philadelphia’s 32-6 win over the Atlanta Falcons was a sign he is not just going to meet expectations but exceed them. Speaking of his hit on Grant after the game, Mailata said he was “just doing by jo” but Philadelphia Eagles beat writers saw more. Mailata and the Eagles will look to continue their strong start to the season against the San Francisco 49ers on Monday morning at 3 am (AEST).
- Being a Samoan-Australian American football offensive tackle.
- For playing rugby league for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs under-18s team.
Where is Jordan Mailata from?
Jordan Mailata was born on 31st March 1997 in Bankstown, Sydney, Australia. He is Australian by nationality and mixed by ethnicity. Likewise, his religion is Christian and his race is black. Jordan has celebrated his 24th birthday as of 2021 which is his present age. As per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Capricorn. Jordan’s parents’ details have not been disclosed yet however we know that he was always a strong part of the Mailata family traditions, as Mailata’s two brothers Daniel and Moana both played Rugby League. Mailata has three brothers and one sister, as well as a niece named Eraia.
What does Jordan Mailata do for a living?
Rugby League career
- Jordan Mailata jumps off his career playing rugby league for the Bankstown Bulls and was selected for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs’ Under 18s team in 2015 after which he and his two brothers Daniel and Moana played rugby league for Five Dock, at the A-grade level in the Balmain competition.
- Then he was offered the opportunity to join the South Sydney Rabbitohs’ U20s team in 2017 as the South Sydney Rabbitohs offered Mailata a one-year contract worth $5,000 Australian dollars to play for the North Sydney Bears.
- NFL executives invited Jordan to try out for their International Player Pathway Program however he had never played American football and admitted that his knowledge of the game was minimal, and also stated that he would only watch one NFL game a year, the Super Bowl.
- NFL scouts evaluated Mailata as a 5.5 prospect grade, which equates to a practice squad player with a chance to make the bottom end of the official NFL roster.
- He attended a combine at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice facility, at One Buc Place in March 2018.
- He was also extremely quick for his frame, as he recorded a 5.12 second time in the 40-yard dash at the combine, which was the 7th best time recorded for tackles at the NFL combine in February 2018.
- Also, he managed to record a 4.67 second time for the short shuttle as well as he was able to achieve 22 reps at the combine bench press.
- Jordan was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles with the 233rd overall pick in the seventh round of the 2018 NFL Draft whereas he became the second player to be drafted with no American high school or college experience after German Moritz Bohringer. He signed a four-year deal worth $2.5 million with a signing bonus of $89,392.
- He made the initial 53-man roster for the Eagles on 1st September 2018 and was placed on injured reserve after sustaining a back injury categorized as a stress fracture on 14th December 2018, which ended his rookie season without appearing in any games.
- He was placed on injured reserve again on 21st September 2019 after missing the first two games of the 2019 season with a back injury.
- On 29th July 2020, he was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list by the Eagles as well as he was activated from the list on 13th August 2020.
- He made his NFL debut against the Washington Football Team, replacing injured rookie Jack Driscoll in the third quarter on 13th September, and made his first start for the Philadelphia Eagles in week 4 of the 2020 season against the San Francisco 49ers, due to an injury to Jason Peters.
- Jordan was deemed unable to play against the Washington Football Team due to a concussion sustained while playing against the Dallas Cowboys on week 16 on 2nd January 2021, ending his season with 15 appearances and 10 starts for the Eagles.
- Later he ended the 2020 season as a top-15 offensive tackle in the NFL from week 11, as graded by pro football focus.
- He led Eagle’s offensive linemen in pass pro snaps with 502, equating to a pass pro snaps per sack score of 71.7, which was third-best on the Eagles behind Lane Johnson and Jack Driscoll. His performance led many to believe that he may be the starting left tackle for the 2021 season.
- Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni named Jordan the starter at left tackle for the 2021 NFL season on 31st August 2021 and on 11th September 2021, he signed a four-year, $64 million contract including $40.85 million guaranteed.
Is Jordan Mailata Dating Anyone?
Jordan Mailata is an unmarried guy. He is currently dating his beautiful girlfriend named Niki. Starting at now, the couple is carrying on with an upbeat life and their bond is going more grounded with the progression of time. Reflecting on Jordan’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Jordan Mailata Net Worth?
Jordan Mailata has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021 whereas he has also a handsome amount of salary which is around $16,000,000 per year. He is sponsored by Australian clothing company Johnny Bigg, which specializes in clothes for people with larger frames. In addition, his major source of income is from his football offensive tackle career.
What is the Height of Jordan Mailata?
Jordan Mailata has a tall height of 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) and his body weighs around 365 lb (166 kg). He has black hair and dark brown eyes color. He’s got an unconventional good look and raw appeal about him. Reasons for his amazing personality could be his roots. Jordan’s body build type is athletic.