Kenny Golladay is a versatile American football wide receiver for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL) who played college football at North Dakota and Northern Illinois and was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. He is also known for playing for the Detroit Lions and the New York Giants of the National Football League. With a passion for the sport at a young age, Kenny was scouted in high school to play for Northern Illinois in college. After a successful college career, he was drafted by the Lions in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft where he started his professional career. Golladay made his NFL debut in a game against the Arizona Cardinals on 10th September 2017. He earned first-team Blue Division All-Catholic League honors for his senior season. Additionally, he signed a four-year, $72 million contract with the New York Giants on 20th March 2021.
Kenny Golladay appears to get into a shouting match with Daniel Jones
Kenny Golladay endured another quiet game for the Giants, except for what appeared to be a shouting match on the sidelines late in their last-second 30-29 loss Thursday night in Washington. The 27-year-old Golladay finished with three receptions on eight targets for 38 yards, one game after the former Lions wideout four catches for 48 yards in his Giants debut in Sunday’s loss to the Broncos.
“I think he was frustrated with the situation. I don’t really think it was to me or anyone in particular,” said Jones, who finished with 249 passing yards and a career-best 95 yards on the ground. “So I think we’re all good. I love Kenny. I thought he played hard and we did a lot of good things out there. “I’ve got to do a better job of finding him in some places. He was just frustrated, frustrated with the situation and we’ll be better from it. He plays hard and wants to win and wants to do the best for the team.”
- Being an American football player.
- For playing the position of wide receiver.
Where was Kenny Golladay Born?
Kenny Golladay stepped for the very first time into the world on 3rd November 1993 in Chicago, Illinois, the U.S. He is of American nationality and he belongs to African-American ethnicity. His religious belief is in the Christian religion. Kenny’s present age is 27 which he celebrated back in 2020. Thus, his race is black and his zodiac sign is Scorpio. He is the son of his father, Kenneth Golladay, and his mother Stacy Wright.
Regarding Kenny’s academic qualification, he attended and played high school football at Chicago’s St. Rita High School.
What does Kenny Golladay do for a living?
- Kenny Golladay kicks off his football career at North Dakota in 2012 where he had 30 catches for 429 yards and a touchdown whereas he had a breakout year with a team-high 69 catches for 884 yards and eight touchdowns in his sophomore season in 2013.
- Golladay transferred to Northern Illinois in 2014 where he had to sit out one season per NCAA transfer rules. As a junior, he had 73 catches for 1,129 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2015.
- He had 87 catches for 1,156 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016 in his final collegiate season.
- It was announced on 23rd December 2016 that Kenny had accepted his invitation to play in the 2017 East-West Shrine Game but was not able to play after he suffered an elbow injury during Senior Bowl practice. He was one of 58 collegiate wide receivers to attend the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- He had a mediocre performance as he finished 20th among all wide receivers in the 40-yard dash and 26th in the three-cone drill.
- He attended Northern Illinois’ pro day on 10th March 2010 as well as he was projected to be a fourth or fifth round pick by NFL draft experts and scouts at the conclusion of the pre-draft process. He was also ranked the 21st best wide receiver in the draft by NFLDraftScout.com.
- The Detroit Lions signed Kenny to a four-year, $3.19 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $718,824 on 19th June 2017.
- Then he made his NFL debut in the Detroit Lions’ first preseason game at the Indianapolis Colts and caught three passes for 53 receiving yards and two touchdowns in their 24-10 victory.
- His first preseason touchdown came on a 23-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Jake Rudock in the first quarter. Head coach Jim Caldwell named Golladay the third wide receiver on the depth chart.
- Golladay made his professional regular-season debut in the Detroit Lions’ season-opener against the Arizona Cardinals and made four receptions for 69 yards and two touchdowns in the Lions’ 35-23 victory.
- His first career touchdown came on a 10-yard pass from Matthew Stafford in the fourth quarter and he also caught a 45-yard reception to seal the game.
- He earned his first career start and caught two passes for 44 yards in the Lions’ 44-20 loss at the Baltimore Ravens on 3rd December 2017 as well as he had the first carry of his career for a nine-yard gain and had three receptions for 17 receiving yards in a 24-21 win at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Later he finished the 2017 season with 28 receptions for 477 receiving yards and three touchdown receptions in 11 games and five starts.
- He began his second professional season off (2018) strong with seven receptions for 114 yards in a losing effort to the New York Jets in the season opener on “Monday Night Football”.
- He finished the season as the Lions’ leading receiver with 70 receptions for 1,063 yards and five touchdowns.
- Golladay caught eight passes for 117 yards and a touchdown as the Lions won 13-10 n Week 2 against the Los Angeles Chargers in 2019 whereas, in Week 4 against the Kansas City Chiefs, Golladay caught five passes for 67 yards and two touchdowns in the 34-30 loss.
- In Week 6 against the Green Bay Packers, Golladay caught five passes for 121 yards in the 23-22 loss and caught six passes for 123 yards and two touchdowns in the 31-26 win in Week 8 against the New York Giants.
- Similarly, in Week 9 against the Oakland Raiders, Golladay caught four passes for a season-high 132 yards and a touchdown in the 31-24 loss.
- He finished with 158 receiving yards on only four receptions, with one of them being a 75-yard touchdown during the Thanksgiving Series against the Chicago Bears in Week 13.
- He was selected to his first Pro Bowl at the end of the season as he finished the 2019 season with 65 receptions for 1,190 receiving yards and a league-leading 11 receiving touchdowns.
- As well, Kenny was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list by the Lions on 29th July 2020 and was activated a week later. He missed the first two games due to a hamstring injury.
- He made his return in Week 3 against the Arizona Cardinals and caught six passes for 57 yards and his first receiving touchdown of the season during the 26-23 win.
- He had four receptions for 105 receiving yards in the 34-16 victory in Week 6 against the Jacksonville Jaguar.
- He recorded six catches for 114 yards during the 23-22 win in Week 7 against the Atlanta Falcons.
New York Giants
- Kenny signed a four-year, $72 million contract with the New York Giants on 20th March 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- Pro Bowl (2019)
- NFL receiving touchdowns leader (2019)
Who is Kenny Golladay Dating?
Kenny Golladay is an unmarried footballer. He is in a romantic relationship with his pretty girlfriend Araina Jay who is a lash technician. She also works at Snyder Insurance Company. The pair were believed to be together since 2018 which is though an assumption only. There is a greater possibility of his marriage after all he seems happy in his relationship with his girlfriend. Talking about his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Kenny Golladay?
Kenny Golladay has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is around $1,000,000 per year. In his short professional time also, Kenny has established himself an identity already. He has not done endorsement work for any brands yet. Recently on 20th March 2021, he has signed a four-year, $72 million contract with the New York Giants. In addition, Kenny’s major source of income is from his football career.
How tall is Kenny Golladay?
Kenny Golladay stands at a tall height of 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) with a balanced bodyweight of 213 lb (97 kg). He has good-looking short black hair and dark brown eyes color. His physique combined with his perfect height and masculine look takes him to the top of the desired list in the young gen women. Furthermore, Kenny is athletic by body build.