Joseph Mawle is an English actor who is known for his roles as Benjen Stark in “Game of Thrones“, Detective Inspector Jedediah Shine in “Ripper Street”, Firebrace in “Birdsong”, Jesus Christ in “The Passion”, Adar in “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power” and Odysseus in “Troy: Fall of a City”. He also starred in the Tim Burton-produced film, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter in 2012. He first appeared in theatrical productions, with his first major role as Troilus in “Troilus and Cressida”. He also starred in television movies including “Soundproof” and “Dunkirk”.
What is Joseph Mawle Famous For?
- Joseph Mawle is an actor from England.
- Joseph is famous for his role as Benjen Stark in Game of Thrones and Adar in The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.
When was Joseph Mawle born?
Joseph Mawle was born on March 21, 1974, in Oxford, England with the birth name of Joseph Daniel Turner Mawle. He grew up in a Victorian manor house on a farm outside Shipston-on-Stour, Warwickshire. He holds British nationality and his ethnicity is British-White. He is one of three children from a family with a history of nine generations of farming in Warwickshire. He has two siblings. His father Richard still farms the land and his mother was a teacher. He cut his 48th birthday on March 21, 2022.
Joseph attended the Croft prep school on the outskirts of Stratford-upon-Avon, where he was diagnosed as severely dyslexic; consequently, he went from the ages of 13 to 16 to a boarding school for special needs. He left the school at 16 to become an actor but contracted labyrinthitis, leaving him 70 percent hearing-impaired in the upper register and with tinnitus. He persuaded the director of the local college at Stratford-upon-Avon to let him study for a BTEC in performing arts while doing an assortment of jobs such as fitness instructor and dishwasher. He did some acting for the Box Clever Theatre Company and in his own production of Solo Hamlet. He won a scholarship to study at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School and graduated in 2022 before he began his acting career.
Joseph Mawle Career Timeline
- After his graduation, Joseph appeared in TV adverts for Guinness. In 2002, he left the advertisement and worked as an assistant in a special needs school.
- In 2003, he landed his first major role in “Troilus and Cressida”, playing Troilus for Shakespeare at the Tobacco factory, worked at the Nuffield Theatre, Southampton, in Hamlet, and in the Royal Exchange, Manchester’s production of Antony and Cleopatra in 2005.
- In 2006, Joseph Mawle appeared in Ed Coulthard’s film “Soundproof” for which he was nominated for the RTS Breakthrough on Screen Award.
- Next, he appeared in a number of subsequent British television productions, including “Dunkirk”, “Persuasion”, and “Clapham Junction”.
- He then starred as Jesus in the BBC/HBO Films miniseries “The Passion” in 2008 and guest starred in the Foyle’s War “Broken Souls” episode. Moreover, he returned to the theatre in The Last Days of Judas Iscariot in 2008.
- In 2009, he featured in multiple films: James Marsh’s Nineteen Eighty (part of the Red Riding Trilogy), Philip Ridley’s Heartless, and Dominic Savage’s Freefall opposite Dominic Cooper and Aidan Gillen. On television, he starred in episode 4 of Jimmy McGovern’s The Street in 2009.
- After a year, he was featured in artist David Austen’s End of Love and in the short film Sometimes The Moon Is Velvet. He can also be seen in Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express, the BBC drama Five Daughters, Dominic Savage’s Dive, and Made in Dagenham starring Sally Hawkins.
- Furthermore, he starred as Gerald Crich in the BBC Four television adaptation of Women in Love in 2011. He joined the HBO series “Game of Thrones” as Benjen Stark in the same year. He appeared in the pilot episode and returned to the role in Season 6.
- He appeared in the music video for the song, Behold the Hurricane by The Horrible Crowes in 2011.
- In 2012, he appeared in the Working Title production of Sebastian Faulks’ acclaimed novel Birdsong, the Bruce Willis film The Cold Light of Day, the Tim Burton-produced film Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and the independent British film Shell. He also portrayed Stephen Beaumont in “The Tunnel” in 2013.
- Mawle had a lead role in the 2015 horror film “The Hallow”.
- In October 2019, he joined the cast of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power on Amazon Prime Video becoming one of the first actors to join the project. He plays the central antagonist “Adar”, a fallen Elf who became the first Uruk, father of the orcs. In December 2022, it was revealed that the role of Adar would be recast for season two of the series. Joseph then confirmed that he would not return for season 2 of the series.
How much is Joseph Mawle Net Worth?
Joseph Mawle is a successful actor who has appeared in several movies and TV series. As of 2022, the net worth of the actor is estimated to have in between the range of $1 million – $5 million. According to Idol’s net worth, he is currently worth $13 million as of November 2022. He has not disclosed the details regarding his annual salary and career earnings to the media. His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. He is also making a cool sum of money from brand sponsorships. He lives a lavish lifestyle right now.
Who is Joseph Mawle Girlfriend?
Joseph Mawle is an unmarried man and he is single right now. He has kept his personal life out of the spotlight. There are no details regarding his past affairs, marital news, and relationships in the media. He is enjoying his single life without any disturbances. He is focused on his career at present. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How tall is Joseph Mawle?
Joseph Mawle stands at the tall height of 5 feet 11 inches or 1.8 m. His body weight consists of 75 Kg or 165 lbs. He has a body measurement of 42-33-14 inches. His body type is slim. His eye color is green and her hair color is blonde. He has got a healthy body at present.
Leave a Reply