Kanika Kapoor is a popular Indian singer who gained recognition all over the country after the release of her wide acclaimed hit song, “Baby Doll”(2014). Kapoor has also earned several awards for her melodious music songs including “Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer”, “BIG Star Entertainment Awards”, “Mirchi Music Awards”, “IIFA Awards”, “Screen Awards”, “Stardust”, “Star Guild Award”, “Global Indin Music Academy Awards”. Kapoor is currently one of the finest singers in the country.
Kanika Kapoor Tested Positive for COVID-19
Kanika Kapoor, 41, is tested positive for the Nobel rising pandemic of COVID-19 recently, on March 20, 2020. She had just returned to her hometown from London on March 15, and shortly after that she started to have signs of the flu.
The news and controversies related to her illness came to highlight after Kapoor posted a message about her illness on her Instagram account on Friday afternoon. Currently, she is into the isolation ward at King George’s Medical University(KGMU), Lucknow. Soon after the singer was confirmed positive for COVID-19, her parents along with servants were also taken to the hospital and were examined and are quarantined completely.
Moreover, according to some sources, Kanika also had attended a party involving around 200 people including famous politicians and businessmen.
What is Kanika Kapoor Famous for?
- Famous for her hit songs like “Baby Doll” and “Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan”.
Where was Kanika Kapoor Born?
Kanika Kapoor was born on March 23, 1978, in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. Her birth name is. Her nationality is Indian. Kapoor belongs to Khatri ethnicity while Aries is her zodiac sign.
Kanika Kapoor was born in a well-to-do family to Rajeev Kapoor(father) and Poonam Kapoor(mother). Her father is a businessman while her mother is a boutique owner. Kapoor was raised in a Khatri family fulfilling all the necessities since her childhood. She grew up along with her brother, Sasha Kapoor. He owns his own company in London.
Kapoor attended the Loreto Convent Lucknow institution and completed her schooling. She started learning classical music under musician Pandit Ganesh Prasad Mishra at the age of 12. She even participated in many music competitions at school.
Later, she completed her studied graduating with a BA degree and then Masters in music from Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow. She was keenly interested in music since her childhood so she went to Mumbai after her graduation to pursue her career in music.
Kanika Kapoor’s Career Highlights as Singer
- Kanika Kapoor began her professional career releasing her first music video, “Jungi Ji” in 2012. The song turned out to be the biggest singles of the year 2012.
- Kapoor soon got her breakout career in Bollywood after she collaborated with Meet Bros and sang the hit song, “Baby Doll” for “Ragini MMS 2” in 2014.
- The same year, she collaborated with Dr. Zeus along with Vishal-Shekhar for the song “Lovely” for the movie “Happy New Year”.
- She went on a concert tour across North America, entitled “SLAM! The Tour” in the same year 2014.
- She again collaborated with Meet Bros Anjjan for the song “Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan” for the movie, “Roy” in 2015. The song was a huge success of the year.
- Later, she sang the song “Desi Look” as a playback singer for the movie, “Ek Paheli Leela” in 2015.
- Collaborating with Meet Bros, Kapoor sang altogether 4 songs including “Nachan Farrate” and “Neendein Khul Jaati Hain”.
- She also sang several songs including “Jugni Peeke Tight Hai”, “Jab Chaye Tera Jadoo”, “Premika”, “Hug Me”, “Luv Letter” and “Beat Pe Booty”.
- Her song “Da Da Dasse” from the film, “Udta Punjab”(2016) earned her several awards and made her more popular all over the country.
- She even sang a welcome song titled “Hello Namstey” for India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi while he attended a gathering at Wembley Stadium, London.
- In 2019, Kapoor appeared as one of the coaches of the singing reality show, “The Voice” aired on Star Plus.
- Currently, she is more focused on Sufi and classical tracks.
Who is Kanika Kapoor Dating?
Kanika Kapoor is currently single. She was previously in a relationship with her ex-husband, Raj Chandok. Chandok is a businessman from India. The couple got married in 1997 and then moved to London. Kapoor gave up singing completely as she wasn’t allowed to sing however, she was living a busy life taking care of her husband and three children: two daughters Aayana and Samara and a son Yuvraaj.
Later, in 2010, Kapoor and Chandok separated after Kapoor found her husband cheating on her and they finally divorced in 2012. Then after she moved along with her children to India and started pursuing her career in music. Currently, Kapoor owns her own house in Mumbai and is living a lavish life with her children and maternal family.
Furthermore, Kapoor is signed by an NGO as their brand ambassador, for promoting children’s education. She has also relaunched her own fashion brand “Kanika Kapoor: House of Chikankari”. In 2016, she was made the brand ambassador of Swiss Watch manufacturer 88 Rue du Rhone, an independent brand by Raymond Weil.
What is the Net Worth of Kanika Kapoor?
The 41 years old gorgeous singer, Kanika Kapoor has certainly one of the most successful careers in the music industry of Bollywood. Kapoor has managed to amass a fortune worth million dollars through her several box-offices hit music and concerts. Her estimated net worth is around $7 million.
Kapoor further earns money from her own fashion brand, “Kanika Kapoor: House of Chikankari” and from her endorsement deals and concerts.
How Tall is Kanika Kapoor?
The beautiful Kanika Kapoor has a well maintained hour-glass body physique. Kapoor has a gorgeous look with fair complexion and brown hair and sparkling grey eyes. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 5inch.(1.65m) while her body weighs around 56kg(123 lbs). Kapoor has a body measurement of 33-26-34 inches with 7(US) as her shoe size and 4(US) as her dress size.