Karim Ansarifard is an Iranian professional footballer who plays as a forward for the team, Omonia and the Iran national team. His playing style and ability have drawn comparisons to Ali Daei (the coach who scouted him) and he has been named Daei’s “successor”. He debuted professionally for Saipa in 2007. He scored 8 goals in 31 matches for Persepolis from 2012 to 2013. World Soccer selected him as one of the best young talents in the world alongside Javier Hernández and Jack Wilshere.
In January 2012, FIFA.com selected him as one of the players to watch 2012. Goal.com also chose him as one of the hottest 100 young football players in the world. Also in 2012, FIFA ranked him as the 48th-best goalscorer in the world and second-best in Asia. He played his first World Cup match against Bosnia and Herzegovina, coming on as a substitute for Ashkan Dejagah in the 68th minute. In May 2018 he was named to Iran’s preliminary squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. His shirt number for Omonia is #18.
Karim Ansarifard Famous For
- Karim Ansarifard is an Iranian professional footballer for Omonia and the Iran national team.
- He is a center-forward with great energy and is impressive in both air and ground.
- He is compared to Iranian legend Ali Daei and German forward Thomas Müller by his fans.
Wher is Karim Ansarifard From?
Karim Ansarifard was born on April 3, 1990. His birth name is Karim Adil Ansarifard. He is from Ardabil, Iran. He is Iranian by nationality and his ethnicity is Iranian-Asian. His zodiac sign is Aries. He celebrated his 32nd birthday in 2022. He is the last child of an Iranian Azerbaijani family and has three brothers and three sisters. He has not disclosed the name of his parents and siblings to the media.
About his education, Ansarifard studied physical education at Islamic Azad University Central Tehran Branch.
Karim Ansarifard Football Career
- Karim was initially taken on a training trial by then-coach Ali Daei during one of Saipa’s training camps in Ardabil and was accepted into the club’s youth academy and reserves.
- He scored 13 goals during the 2009–10 season.
- Next, he renewed his contract with Saipa for another two years on 14 July 2011.
- In the 2011–12 Iranian Pro League season, he scored 21 goals and made 5 assists for Saipa, becoming the league’s top scorer.
- On 17 June 2012, he signed a three-year contract with Persepolis.
- He made his debut for Persepolis in an official match against Sanat Naft and scored his first goal for Persepolis against Gahar Zagros.
- Later, he was out-listed and was eventually transferred to Tractor on 14 July 2013.
- He decided to play another season in Iran and joined Tractor.
- He signed a one-year contract with the option of a transfer to the European leagues in the case of bids.
- He made his debut on 1 August 2013 in a 1–1 draw in the Tabriz derby over Gostaresh Foolad.
- In July 2014 Ansarifard was released by Tractor and was allowed to sign with a European club.
- On 29 August 2014, he signed a two-year deal with Segunda División’s CA Osasuna.
- He made his league debut on 4 October 2014 against Racing de Santander.
- He made his first start on 18 October in a 3–2 win against CD Tenerife.
- In the summer of 2015, he signed with Panionios in the Superleague Greece.
- He scored his first goal for the club in a 5–1 win over Panetolikos on 3 October 2015.
- He scored the winning goal on 7 November 2015 in a match against Platanias.
- He started the 2016–17 season as the indisputable leader of the club’s offense.
- On 13 January 2017, he signed a 3.5-year contract with Greek giants Olympiacos for a transfer fee of €400,000, Panionios held a 10% sell-on clause.
- On 24 January 2017, he made his first appearance for the club in a Greek Cup 1–1 away draw against Aris, scoring his first goal to equalize the game.
- He made his league debut on 11 February 2017 in a 2–0 win against AEL.
- He scored his first league goal for Olympiacos on 12 March 2017 in a 2–0 victory against Atromitos.
- On 7 January 2018, he scored in a 3–0 away win game against AEL.
- On 15 January 2018, he scored after an assist from Guillaume Gillet sealing a 2–0 home win game against Lamia.
- On 29 April, he scored a brace in a 4–0 home win game against Panetolikos, struggling with PAOK’s forward Aleksandar Prijović for the title of top scorer.
- His contract was canceled by Olympiacos after their 2017–18 season.
- On 3 November 2018, it was announced that Ansarifard had signed for Nottingham Forest in the Sky Bet Championship after delays in obtaining a work permit.
- He made his debut for the club by coming on as a substitute in a 1–0 win over Sheffield United on 3 November
- He scored his first goal in a 3–0 win at home to Hull City.
- On 12 July 2019, he made the move to Al-Sailiya in the Qatar Stars League.
- On 25 August 2020, Ansarifard signed a three-year contract with Greek Super League club AEK Athens.
- On 22 July 2021, he opened the score for the club in the UEFA Europa Conference League.
- On 24 October 2021, he opened the score in a 3–1 away win against Volos.
- On 30 August 2022, he joined Cypriot First Division club Omonia on a two-year contract, with the option of an additional year.
Karim Ansarifard International career
- He was invited to the Iran U17 national team in 2005.
- In the 2006 AFC U-17 Championship, he wore number 14 and was a benchwarmer.
- He made his debut for the senior Iran national team in a match against Iceland in November 2009 and scored his first international goal and the only goal of the game.
- In the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification, he scored a double against the Maldives at Azadi Stadium.
- On 1 June 2014, he was called into Iran’s 2014 FIFA World Cup squad by Carlos Queiroz & played his first World Cup match against Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- He was called into Iran’s 2015 AFC Asian Cup squad on 30 December 2014 by Carlos Queiroz.
- In May 2018 he was named to Iran’s preliminary squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. He scored a penalty against Portugal with a 1–1 as the result.
Awards, Honours, and Achievements
- Super League Greece: 2016–17
- Persian Gulf Pro League Top goalscorer: 2011–12 (21 goals), 2013–14 (14 goals)
- Persian Gulf Pro League Team of the Season: 2011–12, 2013–14
- Super League Greece Team of the Year: 2017–18
Karim Ansarifard Transfer News
- Omonia Nicosia on 29 Aug 2022 for free
- AEK Athens on 24 Aug 2020
- Al-Sailiya on 11 Jul 2019
- Nottingham Forest on 2 Nov 2018
- Olympiacos on 12 Jan 2017 for 400k €
- Panionios on 9 Aug 2015 for free
- Osasuna on 28 Aug 2014 for free
- Persepolis FC on 29 Jun 2014 at the end of loan
- Tractor on 19 Jul 2013 on loan
- Persepolis FC on 30 Jun 2012 for free
- Saipa on 30 Jun 2007 From Saipa FC U19
Who is Karim Ansarifard Wife?
Karim Ansarifard is a marired man. He tied the knot to his wife, Alexandra Sofia Kalouli. They got married in August 2018 at a ceremony held in Vouliagmeni. His spouse, Kalouli is the managing director of the Innovative Maritime Emotional Intelligence Center (IMEQ Center), a mental health research center with offices in Cyprus and Greece. The duo is blessed with a daughter, Serina Ansarifard. Today, the married couple is enjoying their present life a lot. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Karim Ansarifard Net Worth?
Karim Ansarifard is a renowned and talented professional footballer whose net worth is estimated to have between $1 Million – $5 Million as of 2022. His main source of wealth comes from his football career and he is living a cool lifestyle at present. He is making his annual salary is around $250K-$500K at the time of writing from his present team.
On 13 January 2017, Ansarifard signed a 3.5-year contract with Greek giants Olympiacos for a transfer fee of €400,000, Panionios held a 10% sell-on clause. His highest market value is €4 Million in 2018 whereas his present market value is €1.2 Million in 2022. Details about his property and cars are still to get unfold yet.
How tall is Karim Ansarifard?
Karim Ansarifard is a handsome footballer who stands tall at the height of 6 feet or 1.84 m. His body weight consists of 66 Kg or 146 lbs. His body type is athletic. His hair color is black and he has a pair of dark brown eyes. He maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercise. He has got a healthy body.