Karl Glusman is an American actor who is best known for his role as Murphy in the erotic drama film “Love”. Karl made his acting debut in 2008 by appearing in the role of a young thug in the film “The Iconographer”.
He has made his appearance in many movies including “Blow-Up”, “Ratter”, “Stonewall”, “Wounds”, “The Neon Demon”, “Nocturnal Animals” and “Greyhound”. He also was recognized for being the husband of Zoë Kravitz. Kravitz is an American actress, singer, and model who got recognition for her role of Angel Salvatore in the 2011 superhero film “X-Men: First Class”.
On December 23, 2020, Kravitz, 32, filed for divorce from Karl, 33 which publicly got announced on January 2, 2021. Previously, the couple got married in Kravitz’s father, Lenny Kravitz’s house in Paris on June 29, 2019.
Karl is active in the social media platform with around 157k followers on his verified Instagram account: @karlglusman.
What is Karl Glusman from?
- Famous as an American actor.
- Known for his role as Murphy in the erotic drama film “Love”.
Where is Karl Glusman from?
Karl Glusman was born on January 3, 1988, in the Bronx borough, New York City, United States. His birth name is Karl Glusman. He holds an American nationality. His ethnicity is mixed while Capricorn is his zodiac sign. He is of Irish-Swedish-German-Jewish descent.
Karl was born in a well-to-do family in New York. His mother is an Irish Catholic while his father is Germa-Jewish. He has a younger sister, Liz Glusman. When he was 6 months old, his family moved to Portland, Oregon.
He did his schooling at Lake Oswego High School. Later, he attended Portland State University from which he dropped out after a year. Since his childhood, he wanted to be a businessman but he later decided to be an actor.
So, he started taking acting classes while enrolling at the college as well as at the Portland Actors Conservatory. He then joined the William Esper Studio to enhance his acting skills.
Karl Glusman Career: Highlights
- Karl Glusman started his professional acting career in 2008 by playing the role of a young thug in the film “The Iconographer”.
- He then portrayed the recurring role of Yoming in the mini TV series “No.6” in 2011 for six episodes.
- In 2012, he gave his voice for the role of Gunfodder in the Japanese-American adult computer science fiction film “Starship Troopers: Invasion”.
- He appeared in two short films: “Blow Up”, and “Summer House” respectively in 2012 and 2013.
- Then, he did a TV commercial for Adidas and he went to France where he met an Argentine-French film director, Gaspar Noe who cast Karl in his film “Love”.
- He got his career breakthrough in 2015 after portraying the role of Murphy in the erotic drama film “Love”. The film depicts extensive unsimulated sex and was debuted at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival. His role was appreciated a lot.
- The film’s premiere also made a record for the festival, selling all 2,200 seats in the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès.
- In the same year, he appeared in two other films: “Stonewall”, and “Ratter”.
- He also made his appearance in an episode of the TV series ‘One Bad Choice’ as Cooper Lund in 2015.
- While he was in Cannes, he met a film director and fashion designer Tom Ford, who cast him in his film “Nocturnal Animals”. The film is a 2016 American neo-noir psychological thriller film.
- Karl also portrayed the role of Dean in the American psychological horror film “The Neon Demon” in 2016.
- He has appeared in numerous films and TV series including “Gypsy”, “Wounds”, “Above Suspicion”, “Devs”, and “Lux Æterna”.
- In 2020, he appeared in the role of Eppstein in the American war film “Greyhound” alongside actor, Tom Hanks.
- As of now, he is busy with his upcoming film “Please Baby Please”. The film also stars Andrea Riseborough, Demi Moore, and Harry Melling.
Everything To Know About Zoe Kravitz
Karl Glusman Wife
Karl Glusman began dating American actress, singer, and model, Zoë Kravitz in 2016. In February 2018, the couple got engaged which was announced in an interview in October 2018 by Kravitz. The couple finally shared their vows on June 29, 2019, in the house of Kravtiz’s father, Lenny in Paris, France.
However, on December 23, 2020, Kravtiz filed for divorce from Karl which was announced on January 2, 2021. At present, Karl is living in his house in Brooklyn, New York. Previously, he dated actress, Juliette Maillot.
Karl Glusman Net Worth
Karl Glusman has quite healthy earnings from his stable and successful career as an actor. Having his professional acting career started in 2008, Karl has come a long way becoming one of the recognized actors in the Hollywood film industry
His source of income is surely his films and series. With his hard work for years, Karl undoubtedly has managed to amass a healthy fortune estimated to be around $2 million as of 2021. He also makes additional income from his endorsement deals with renowned brands.
Karl Glusman Height
Karl Glusman is a handsome man with a well maintained athletic body physique in his early 30s. He stands tall with a height of 6ft 3inches(1.88m) while his body weighs around 70kg(154 lbs). He has an athletic body figure of measurement of 40-36-35 inches with 11(US) as his shoe size. He has a fair complexion with black hair and a pair of black eyes.