Tierney is a Scottish professional
football player who plays for Premier League side Arsenal and the Scotland
national team as a left-back or center-back. He started his football journey
from the youth academy of Celtic at the age of seven and made his first-team
debut in April 2015. After playing many years for Celtic, in August 2019, he
joined Arsenal for a fee reported at £25 million, a record amount
both for a Scottish national and for a player from the Scottish league.
On the international level, he has played for Scotland at Scotland U18
and Scotland U19 levels. He made his international debut in March 2016.
What is Kieran Tierney Famous For?
- Arsenal signed him from Celtic for £25 million, a record fee
amount both for a Scottish national and for a player from the Scottish league.
- Won the 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19 Scottish
Premiership with Celtic.
- Won the 2016-17, 2017-18 Scottish Cup with Celtic.
- Won 2017-18, 2018-19 Scottish League Cup with Celtic.
- Won the 2019-20 FA Cup with Arsenal.
- Won the 2020 FA Community Shield with Arsenal.
- Won the 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 PFA Scotland Young Player
of the Year.
- Won 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 SFWA Young Player of the
- Won 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 Celtic Young Player of the
Source: [email protected]
Where is Kieran Tierney
Kieran Tierney was born on 5 June 1997 in
Douglas on the Isle of Man in Scotland. He holds Scottish nationality. He was one of the two children of Gail and Michael Tierney where he grew up with
his sister Natalie Tierney. His family moved
to Wishaw in Scotland when he was about ten months old. He was educated at
St Brendan’s RC and Our Lady’s High School in Motherwell. He then
attended St Ninian’s High School, Kirkintilloch, which has a development partnership with Celtic. He
enjoyed his childhood education days because his mother, Gail Tierney was a
dinner lady for his school. His horoscope sign is Gemini. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity.
Source: [email protected]
Football Career Timeline
- In 2015, He started his football journey from the youth academy of
Celtic at the age of seven.
- He earned his reputation as a wide player after progressing through the
various youth ranks in the club’s development squad, both in defense and attack.
- In August 2014, he traveled with the first-team squad on a pre-season
trip to Finland. He then made his debut in a friendly against Tottenham
- On 22 April 2015, he made his competitive senior debut for Celtic,
coming on as a substitute in a Scottish Premiership against Dundee.
- He played for Celtic from 2015-19. He played 102 games, scoring five
goals for the team. He has won four Scottish
Premiership (2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, and 2018-19), two Scottish Cup (2016-17,
2017-18) and Scottish League Cup (2017-18, 2018-19) with the team.
- On 8 August 2019, he signed Arsenal for a fee reported at
£25 million, a record amount both for a Scottish national and for a
player from the Scottish league.
- He missed the early part of the 2019–20 season, having undergone a
double hernia operation in May 2019.
- On 24 September 2019, he made
his first-team debut for Arsenal in a win against Nottingham Forest in the EFL
- On 27 October 2019, he made his first appearance in the Premier League
in a draw against Crystal Palace.
- In June 2020, with his impressive
performances for Arsenal, he received Arsenal’s Player of the Month award for
- On 26 July 2020, he scored his first goal for Arsenal in a win against
Watford on the final day of the 2019–20 Premier League season.
- On 1 August 2020, Tierney was selected to start in the FA Cup Final against
Chelsea, as Arsenal won their 14th FA Cup.
- He has represented Scottish national teams at various age levels.
- He has played for Scotland at Scotland U18 and Scotland U19 levels.
- He had also considered playing for the Ellan Vannin team that
represents the Isle of Man when the ConIFA World Cup competition was being
- On 10 March 2016, he received his first call-up to the senior
Scotland squad for a friendly against Denmark and made his senior national
team debut there.
- In 2017, he was deployed at right-back in Scotland’s matches against
and Slovakia, and
on the left of a three-man defense in the fixture at home to England during
World Cup qualifiers.
- In November 2017, he was selected as Scotland captain for a
friendly match against the Netherlands, where he played as a central
- In October 2018, he scored a decisive own goal in a loss to Israel in
a UEFA Nations League fixture.
- In November 2019, he withdrew from the Scotland squad ahead of their
UEFA Euro 2020 qualifiers against Cyprus and Kazakhstan due to an
alleged ongoing hip injury.
- In October 2020, he was required to pull out of the Scotland squad for a
Euro 2020 play-off semi-final against Israel after being in close contact with
Stuart Armstrong, who had tested positive for COVID-19.
As of 2021, Kieran Tierney is currently single. He is not
dating anyone. He is too young to get married. Recently, he is focusing
on his professional career. He previously dated a girl named, Amy Hale. More details about his relationship status will be updated here.
Kieran Tierney stands at a height of
1.78m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 70 kg. He has an
athletic body build. Being a footballer, he maintains his body very well. His hair and eye color is light brown. His sexual
orientation is straight.
Salary and net worth
Kieran Tierney earns from his
professional career as a football player. He signed a 5-year contract with
Arsenal a week after passing a medical. As of 2021, his net worth is estimated to be €19.5 million and earns a salary of €3.5 million euro a year. If he maintains his performances like this he will surely
earn a good income.