Kate Brown is an American lawyer and politician who is currently serving as the 38th Governor of Oregon since 2015. Brown also served as the Representative for three terms from the 13th district of the Oregon House of Representatives for 6 years, as Senator from the 21st district of the Oregon Senate for 12 years, as Majority Leader of the Oregon Senate for 6 years, and as Secretary of State of Oregon for 6 years.
Brown is the first openly bisexual person and the first openly LGBT person elected secretary of state of in the United States. She is also the second woman elected governor of Oregon.
What is Kate Brown Famous for?
- Famous as the 38th Governor of Oregon of the US.
- The first openly bisexual and LGBT person elected secretary of state of the US.
Where was Kate Brown From?
Kate Brown was born on June 21, 1960, in Torrejon de Ardoz, Madrid, Spain. Her birth name is Katherine Brown. Her nationality is American. Brown belongs to White ethnicity while Cancer is her zodiac sign.
Kate Brown was born in a well-to-do family to Pat Brown(father) and Bernice Layne Brown(mother). Her father, Pat previously served in the United States Air Force, so her family emigrated to the United States. Kate was raised in Minnesota US where she attended Mounds View High School.
She graduated from her high school in 1978 then after she joined the University of Colorado Boulder and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Conservation with a certificate in women’s studies in 1981.
Later, in 1985, she graduated earning a J.D. degree and certificate in environmental law from the Northwestern School of Law at Lewis & Clark College.
Kate Brown’s Career Highlights
- Kate Brown kicked off her professional career as a politician after being appointed to the Oregon House of Representatives from the 13th district in 1991.
- On January 12, 1997, she was elected to the Oregon State Senate from the 21st district and in 1998, elected as the Senate Democratic Leader.
- In 2004, she became the first woman to serve as Oregon’s Senate Majority Leader.
- On November 5, 2008, she won the election for the Democratic for Secretary of State in the opposite of the Rick Dancer.
- On January 5, 2009, she became the 24th Oregon Secretary of State till February 18, 2015.
- Brown as Oregon Secretary of State introduced and passed House Bill 2005 and implemented online voter registration.
- In January 2015, she proposed a letter to the FCC(Federal Communications Commission) reinforcing the purchase of Time Warner Cable by Comcast.
- In July 2016, Brown signed HB3402, raising the maximum speed limit to 70 MPH.
- Brown also gained a “Recipient, Woman of Achievement Award”(1995), “Award for National Public and Community Service”(2004), “President’s Award of Merit”(2007).
- Currently, in response to the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic, Brown publicly urged Oregonians to stay home to avoid spreading the virus.
Who is Kate Brown Married to?
Kate Brown is married to her husband, Dan Little. Their marriage was the second marriage of Dan. The couple has two children: Dylan and Jessie from the previous marriage of Dan. Currently, Brown lives in Mahonia Hall with her husband and step-children.
Moreover, Kate is bisexual.
What is the Net Worth of Kate Brown?
The 52 years-old Kate Brown has quite a great earning through her professional career as a server of government. Being the 38th Governor of Oregon since 2015, Brown has managed to earn millions of dollars through her several years of hard work for the state.
Her estimated net worth is around $1.2 million.
How Tall is Kate Brown?
Kate Brown is a beautiful lady in her early 50s. She has a slim body physique with a measurement of 33-25-35 inches with 8(US) as her shoe size and 6(US) as her dress size. Brown stands tall with a height of 5ft. 7inch.(1.70m) while her body weighs around 59kg(130lbs). She has a fair complexion with light brown hair and brown eyes.