Kathryn Tappen is an American sportscaster who famously covers the National Hockey League for the NBC Group. She works for the same network as Sheena Parveen and is a prominent name in the industry. She has been in the field of journalism for many years now and is known for covering NHL Live and NHL Overtime.
Apart from NHL games, She was also a reporter for NBC to cover the Summer and Winter Olympics. She is extremely good at what she does and rightly so has gained a huge number of fan following. Let’s know more about her and his broadcasting career through this article.
What is Kathryn Tappen famous for?
- An American sportscaster.
Where is Kathryn Tappen born?
Recalling her early life, Kathryn was born in Morristown, New Jersey to Sheila Tappen and Richard Tappen. She holds American citizenship and belongs to the White ethnic group. Similarly, she is Christian by nationality and her birth sign is Aries. Further, she has a sibling named Amanda Tappen.
Where is Kathryn Tappen go for education?
Concerning her education details, Kathryn graduated from her high school from Villa Walsh Academy in 1999. After graduating from Villa Walsh Academy in 1999, She joined the Rutgers University, on academic and athletic scholarships and acquired her Bachelor’s degree in 2003.
When did Kathryn Tappen pursue her career as a sportscaster?
- Moving towards her career, Kathryn started her professional career in 2003 with CSTV where she hosted a variety of programs.
- After working with CSTV, she worked with WJAR (an affiliate radio channel for NBC) as a sports reporter.
- In 2006, She undertook the job of a field reporter for New England Sports Network and also was the host for the Boston Bruins Games.
- In 2011, she landed her steps at NHL Network and in 2014, she moved to the NBC Sports Network. She hosted several sporting events, which include the Olympic Winter Games, Stanley Cup, Playoffs, etc.
- Recently, his coworker Jeremy Roenick passed some sexual comments on her for which he was suspended by NBC.
Who is Kathryn Tappen married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Kathryn was previously married to former NHL player and current head coach of Providence Bruins in the American Hockey League, Jay Leach. The duo tied the knot in July 2009 in front of their closest friends and family members at New Castle Congregational Church. However, the couple got separated in June 2013 and the divorce was finalized in the year 2014.
The duo had their first meeting back in February 2005 when Jay was playing in NHL. As a sports reporter for NHL, they had their first discussion as a reporter and player. The couple who were in a relationship for six years was blessed with three children; two daughters and a son. As of now, Tappen is possibly single.
How much is Kathryn Tappen’s worth?
Kathryn has been working in the field of journalism for over 2 decades and is probably one of the most renowned faces in the industry. She also makes a pretty decent earning because of the career she has had. Despite her exact figures have never been made public we can make certain assumptions and according to estimations, she has a net worth of just over $1 million.
How tall is Kathryn Tappen?
Observing her body physics, Kathryn stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs around 58 Kg. She has a pair of grey eyes and blonde hair color. Similarly, she used 7 (UK) shoe sizes and her body measures 34-30-36 inches.