Rico Verhoeven is a famous Dutch Kickboxer as well as the current Glory Heavyweight Champion. He has also competed in the K-1, It’s Showtime and SUPERKOMBAT promotions. Verhoeven is currently ranked the #1 heavyweight in the world by LiverKick.com, Combat Press and Glory. He began learning martial arts at age five starting with Kyokushin, he was trained by his father, a Karate black belt. Overall, he is a very talented kickboxer.
Rico Verhoeven vs. Badr Hari
Although it had another unsatisfying conclusion, the rematch between Rico Verhoeven and Badr Hari was a rating success. The two kickboxing stars collided again for Verhoeven’s heavyweight title at GLORY Collision 2 this past Saturday at the GelreDome in Arnhem, Netherlands. Their first meeting notably took place three years earlier and ended prematurely after Hari suffered an arm injury. Determined to make things right, a focused Hari proceeded to drop Verhoeven twice in the rematch, with the latter having previously never been dropped in his GLORY career. However, as Hari attempted a spinning wheel kick in the third round, he fell awkwardly on his ankle and didn’t get up immediately. The referee soon started a ten-count but with Hari clearly in pain, the fight eventually came to a halt. And so, for the second time, Verhoeven would beat Hari via TKO (injury).
Who are the Parents of Rico Verhoeven?
On 10th April 1989, Rico Verhoeven was born in Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands. His nationality is Dutch and his ethnicity is European. As of 2019, he celebrated his 30th birthday with his friends. His mother’s name is Lies Verhoeven and father’s name is Jos Verhoeven. There is no information on his educational background. He is Christian by religion.
How was the career of Rico Verhoeven?
- Rico began learning martial arts at age five starting with Kyokushin, he was trained by his father, a Karate black belt.
- After transitioning into kickboxing, he began training at the age of seven and started competing against adults when he was only 16 years old, due to his large size.
- Although he was expected to fight in the 2012 K-1 World Grand Prix, Verhoeven was left out of the tournament.
- After that, he signed with a rival promotion Glory in October 2012.
- He was drawn against mixed martial artist Sergei Kharitonov in the opening round of the sixteen-man 2012 Glory Heavyweight Grand Slam held at Glory 4: Tokyo -2012 Heavyweight Grand Slam in Saitama, Japan on 31st December 2012.
- As he was leading the judges’ scorecards after the first two, two-minute rounds, he advances to the quarter-finals where he lost out to the eventual tournament winner Semmy Schilt by the same margin.
- He also defeated Jhonata Diniz via unanimous decision at Glory 7: Milan in Milan, Italy on 20th April 2013.
- Despite being deducted a point for rabbit punching in round one, he outworked and outstruck Zimmerman for three rounds and won by unanimous decision.
- After that, he defeated Peter Aerts by splits decision in the tightly contested main event of Glory 13: Tokyo- Welterweight World Championship Tournament in Tokyo, Japan on 21st December 2013.
- He was scheduled to make his professional boxing debut against Nikolaj Falin at mix fight Gala XV in Darmstadt, Germany on 26th April 2014, but his opponent was changed to Janas Finfera for undisclosed reasons.
- Moreover, he defeated the Hungarian by second-round knockout.
- He then rematched and defeated Daniel Ghita via unanimous decision in a bout for the vacant Glory Heavyweight (95+kg/209 lb) Championship at Glory 17: Los Angeles in Inglewood, California, US on 21st June 2014.
- He also completed a trilogy of fights against Errol Zimmerman when he faced him on 6th February 2015, in the main event at Glory 19: Virginia.
- The anticipated bout ended in anticlimactic fashion as Zimmerman sustained a knee injury in the second round, allowing Rico to retain his Heavyweight title.
- He then made his MMA pro debut at RXF 20 in SIBIU, Romania on 19th October 2015, defeating Viktor Bogutzki by TKO in the 1st round due to punches.
- He is making his film debut in a small role opposite Alain Moussi in the sequel Kickboxer: Retaliation.
- He fights against Badr Hari at GLORY Collision on 10th December 2016 where Rico won the match.
- He fought Jamal Ben Saddik in defense of Glory heavyweight title 9 December 2017 and he beat Jamal by fifth-round TKO.
- On 21st December 2019, he met Hari again in the Gelredome stadium in the Netherlands.
- After a very close fight, Hari injured his leg and had to give up on the fight, meaning Verhoeven remained champion.
What is the net worth of Rico Verhoeven?
The net worth of this famous kickboxer will be surely in millions as he is recognized by all worldwide. His net worth is believed to have $3 Million as of 2019. But his exact salary is under review but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work. As of today, he is satisfied with his earnings. His major source of earning is from his kickboxing career. Without a doubt, he is living a lavish lifestyle.
Who is the Wife of Rico Verhoeven?
Rico Verhoeven is a married person. He was married to her beautiful wife Jacky Duchenne. They are also the proud parents of two daughters named Mikayla Verhoeven (born in 2011) and Jazlynn Verhoeven (born in 2015). There is no information about their marital dispute to date, it means the couple is happily married. They are enjoying their life a lot. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. They both supports and respect each other and their relationship is going strong with the passage of time.
How tall is Rico Verhoeven?
Rico Verhoeven is a very handsome person with an athletic and strong body build. He has a height of 6 feet 5 inches. He has light brown hair and light brown eyes. There are no details regarding his body measurements but it will be added once we get information about it. He maintains his body a lot. Overall, he has got a very healthy body.