Kenan Thompson is an Emmy award-winning American actor and comedian who is well-known for being a star cast member of the NBC sketch comedy series “Saturday Night Live”. Thompson has been working on the show since 2003 ad is the longest-tenured cast member in the show’s history. He has won a Primetime Emmy Award from four nominations for his work on Saturday Night Live. He also ranks at 88th position on VH1’s 100 Greatest Teen Stars. He is one of the original cast members of Nickelodeon’s sketch comedy series “All That”. Thompson has acted in various movies such as “Good Burger”, “The Mighty Ducks franchise”, “Big Fat Liar” and “Fat Albert”.
He is also active in the social media platform with around 568k followers on his verified Instagram account: @kenanthompson and has around 150k followers on his Twitter account: @kenanthompson
What is Kenan Thompson famous for?
- Famous as an Emmy award-winning American actor and comedian
- Known for being a star cast member of the NBC sketch comedy series “Saturday Night Live”
Where is Kenan Thompson from?
Kenan Thompson was born on May 10, 1978, in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. His birth name is Kenan Thompson. He holds an American nationality. His ethnicity is African-American. Tauras is his zodiac sign.
Thompson was born as the second son to Fletcher Thompson(father) and Elizabeth Ann Thompson(mother). He has an older brother and a younger sister. He was raised in his hometown, Atlanta along with his siblings. When he was 5 years old, his mother made him join the acting classes. He got his first role as Toto in a church production of The Wiz where he had no lines.
He did his schooling at a Tri-Cities High School in Georgia. While enrolling at the school, he participated in the school plays like “The Gingerbread Duck”. Growing up, he was a big fan of the American television game show “The Price of Right” and loved watching it.
He also auditioned for a theatre company “The Youth Ensemble of Atlanta(YEA)”. His family supported his decision to continue his career as an actor.
Then, Thompson continued his acting career by appearing as an entertainment reporter for CNN’s “Real News for Kids”. In the year 1994, he began appearing in the American sketch comedy series “All That”.
Kenan Thompson Career: Highlights
- Kenan Thompson made his film debut with the role of Russ Tyler in the 1994 American sports comedy-drama film “D2: The Mighty Ducks”.
- He continued appearing in various roles in the American sketch comedy series “All That” from 1994 to 1999.
- He also made his guest appearances in the series in its 7th and 10th season.
- From 1996-2000, he collaborated with All That costar, Kel Mitchell, and began starring in their own sitcom “Kenan & Kei”.
- He portrayed the role of Junior in the American television sitcom “The Steve Harvey Show” from 1996-1998.
- In 1996, he again reprised the role of Russ Taylor in the film “D3: The Mighty Ducks”.
- He played the role of Dexter Ree in the American comedy film “Good Burger” in 1997. The film is based on the series “All That”.
- Thomson rose into prominence in 2003 after he joined the cast of the American sketch comedy series “Saturday Night Live”.
- He has been in the show as a star cast member and is the longest-tenured cast member in the show’s history to date.
- He became the most senior cast member in the show’s history in the second half of the 2013-14 season.
- His work on the show has been appreciated a lot and has earned him a PrimeTime Emmy Award from four nominations.
- Thompson has appeared in the supporting role in several films like “Love Don’t Cost a Thing”, “Barbershop 2”, “Heavyweights”, “My Boss’s Daughter”, and “Weiner”.
- He also gave his voice for the role of Sue Sezno in the Fox cartoon series “Sit Down, Shut Up” in 2009.
- He has worked as a voice actor in many films and TV series such as “Space Chimps”, “The Smurfs”, “The Smurfs 2”, “The Grinch”, “The Awesomes”, and “Scooby-Do and Guess Who?”
- In the year 2011, he hosted the American late-night programming block “The ’90s Are All That”.
- In the same year, he guest-starred in “iParty with Victorious”.
- He has made his guest appearances in several TV series including “Sister, Sister”, “Cousin Skeeter”, “The Parkers”, “Wild ‘N Out”, “Crank Yankers”, “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”, and “Double Dare”.
- He also appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon alongside Kel Mitchell on September 23, 2015.
- In 2019, he was a judge for NBC’s comedy competition series “Bring the Funny”.
- Thompson also served as a guest judge on the 15th season of the American talent show competition “America’s Got Talent” for two episodes in 2020.
- He became the spokesman for 2020 Universal Parks & Resorts’ “Let YourselfWoah campaign”.
- At present, he is busy with his upcoming movie and TV series “Home Alone”, “Spinning Gold”, and “Kenan”.
- He currently co-hosts the American late-night podcast “You Already Know” alongside Tani Marole.
- Primetime Emmy Award for outstanding original music and lyrics
- 2000 Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite TV Actor
Kenan Thompson Wife
Kenan Thompson is a married man. He is currently married to his only wife, Christina Evangeline. Evangeline is an American model. The couple got married on November 11, 2011. The couple is blessed with two daughters. Their first daughter, Georgia Marie Thompson was born on June 20, 2014, and their second daughter, Gianna Marie Thompson was born on August 2, 2018.
Kenan Thompson Net Worth
Kenan Thompson has earned a good amount of money from his profession as an actor and comedian. Having started his career in the early 1990s, Thompson has reached great heights in his career. With all of his earnings, he has an estimated net worth of $12 million as of 2020. He makes $25k per episode for his appearance in the NBC sketch comedy series “Saturday Night Live”. At present, he is living a luxurious and lavish lifestyle with his earnings.
Kenan Thompson Height
Kenan Thompson is a good looking man in his early 40s. He has a dark complexion with black hair and a pair of brown eyes. He stands tall with a height of 5ft 8 inches(1.73m) and weighs around 78kg. He lost around 35 pounds(15kg) of his body weight which he credits changing his eating habits and cardio.