Laura Bailey is an American voice actress who gained popularity after her voiceovers for English-language versions of anime, video games, and cartoons. She is also notable for voicing for the character, Make Albarn, in a 2008 animated series Soul Eater and portrayal of Chun Li in 2012’s Street Fighter. Let’s know more about her and his struggles and opportunity in the field of the entertainment industry through this article.
Where is Laura Bailey born?
Recalling her early life, Laura was born in Biloxi, Mississippi, the United States as Laura Dawn Bailey. She is American by nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. Her birth sign is Gemini. Information regarding her parents, siblings and her childhood are yet to be disclosed. Talking about her education, she attended Wheatley Park School. After that, she studied acting at the Quad C Theatre program at Collin County Community College in Plano, Texas.
How Laura Bailey become a voice actress?
- Moving towards her career, Bailey was discovered by Kent Williams who invited her to audition for Funimation. She portrayed the major character of Kid Trunks on Dragon Ball Z. The role she played with a raspy voice.
- She then cast for the featuring role of Marlene Angel in the first project of Funimation Blue Gender. She also voiced the starring role, Tohru Honda, in the anime Fruits Basket. She later voiced Sana Kurata in ‘Kodocha’ and Luts in Fullmetal Alchemist.
- After working for about four years with Funimation, Bailey began directing ADR. She worked on Blue Gender: The Warrior and some episodes of ongoing Japanese detective manga series, Case Closed.
- She later landed her directing skill in a manga ‘Gunslinger Girl’ which was her first major ADR Directing project. She also voiced the character, Henrietta, in the project. After that, she began working as a line producer for the Funimation dub of ‘Shin-Chan’ and provided a voice for the title character.
- She also featured in a 3D animated biopunk thriller action film, Resident Evil: Degeneration, in 2008. She played the role of Angela Miller in the film alongside Roger Craig Smith and Paul Mercier.
- Besides providing a voice for TV series, She also made numerous voice performances in a video game. Her performances include BloodRayne, Klonoa, Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy XIII, Game of Thrones, and Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. She also voiced in Spider-Man.
- Her upcoming voiced video games are Marvel’s Avenger and The Last of Us Part II which is scheduled to release in 2020.
When did Laura Bailey get married?
Reflecting on her personal life, Laura is married to her longtime boyfriend fellow voice actor, Travis Willingham since 2011. The couple tied the knot on September 25th, 2011 in an intimate private ceremony. The two are also the proud parents of their son Ronin Willingham, who was born on June 28th, 2018. They are currently living in Los Angeles.
Previously, she had also shared a room with voice actor and director Colleen Clinkenbeard while they both were working at Funimation. She later moved to LA, in 2007. After a couple of years, Bailey met her future husband, Travis, and began dating.
How much is Laura Bailey worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry since 1999, Laura earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession as a voice actress. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth is said to $1 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Laura Bailey?
Observing her body physics, Laura stands a height of 5 feet 5 inches and weighs around 54 Kg. She has a pair of hazel eyes and a brunette hair color. Similarly, she has a slim body with 34-25-35 inches of body measurements. Further, She used a 32B bra size and 2 (US) dress size.