Lee Andrew Gregory is an English professional football player who plays for League One club Sheffield Wednesday as a striker. He started playing football at the Sheffield United Academy in 2000 and was released in 2003. He went to play for non-league football club Staveley Miners Welfare whilst learning to become an electrician. He then played for Mansfield Town, Glapwell (loan), Harrogate Town (loan), FC Halifax Town, Millwall, Stoke City, and Derby County (loan). Currently, he is playing for League One club Sheffield Wednesday.
On the international level, he hasn’t made any appearances for his country.
What is Lee Gregory Famous?
- Being a professional football player.
- Won the 2017 EFL League One play-offs with Millwall.
Where is Lee Gregory From?
Lee Andrew Gregory was born on 26 August 1988. His birthplace is Sheffield, England. Detail about his parents has been kept secret and not been disclosed yet. He holds British nationality. He belongs to the white ethnicity. His religion is Christianity. His horoscope sign is Virgo.
Source: [email protected]
Lee Gregory Club Career
- He started playing football at the Sheffield United Academy in 2000 and was released in 2003.
- He then went to play for non-league football club Staveley Miners Welfare whilst learning to become an electrician. He scored 37 goals in the 2008-09 season with Staveley, attracting interest from higher-placed clubs.
- After a prolific season with Staveley, he joined Mansfield Town in September 2009 where he made 2 appearances for the club, scoring once in all the competitions.
- He failed to break into the first team at Field Mill and after loan spells with Glapwell, Harrogate Town, FC Halifax Town he signed for the latter on a permanent basis. He became a regular goalscorer at The Shay helping them win the Northern Premier League Premier Division title in the 2010-11 season.
- He finished the 2011-12 campaign in the Conference North as the club’s top scorer with 18 league goals although promotion was missed out after losing to Gainsborough Trinity in the play-offs.
- He finished the 2012-13 campaign, scoring a further 20 goals as the Shaymen obtained another promotion this time via the play-offs after defeating Guiseley and then Brackley Town.
- On 30 June 2013, he signed a new two-year deal with the club. He finished the 2013-14 campaign with 29 league goals under his name, being the division’s second top goalscorer, behind only Luton Town’s Andre Gray as Halifax finished in 5th position, losing to Cambridge United in the play-offs.
- On 16 June 2014, he signed a three-year contract with Championship Millwall after the club agreed on a fee with Halifax. He made his debut for the club on 9 August 2014 in a 2-0 win against Leeds United. On 30 September 2014, he scored his first goal for the club in a 1-3 loss against Birmingham City. In his first season, he made 41 appearances for the club, scoring 8 goals and providing 3 assists in all the competitions.
Source: [email protected]
- On 10 November 2015, he scored a hat-trick in a 5-3 win against Plymouth Argyle in the EFL Trophy. During his 2015-16 season, he made 53 appearances for the club, scoring 26 goals and providing 6 assists in all the competitions as he helped the Millwall reach the 2016 Football League One play-off Final where they were beaten 3-1 by Barnsley.
- In September 2016, he signed a contract extension with Millwall. During his 2016-17 season, he made 47 appearances for the club, scoring 18 goals and providing 8 assists in all the competitions as he helped Millwall beat Bradford City in the 2017 Football League One play-off Final.
- On 12 September 2017, he was sent off for the first time in his professional career against Queens Park Rangers. During his 2017-18 season, he made 47 appearances for the club, scoring 10 goals and providing 4 assists in all the competitions.
- During his 2018-19 season, he made 50 appearances for the club, scoring 14 goals and providing 7 assists in all the competitions.
- On 25 June 2019, he joined Championship side Stoke City. He made his debut on 3 August 2019 in a 2-1 defeat against Queens Park Rangers. On 27 September 201, he scored his first goal for Stoke in a 3-2 defeat against Nottingham Forest. In his first season, he made 41 appearances for the club, scoring 6 goals and providing 3 assists in all the competitions.
- On 1 February 2021, he joined Derby County on loan for the remainder of the 2020-21 season. He made his debut for the club on 3 February 2021 in a 3-0 loss to Rotherham United. On 13 February 2021, he scored his first goal for Derby in a 2-1 win against Middlesbrough. During his loan spell at Derby County, he made 11 appearances for the club, scoring 3 goals and providing 1 assist in all the competitions.
- On 5 August 2021, he joined EFL League One side Sheffield Wednesday. He made his debut for the club on 14 August 2021 in a 2-0 win against Doncaster Rovers.
Source: [email protected]
Lee Gregory International Career
- He hasn’t made any appearances for his country.
Lee Gregory Girlfriend
Looking at his personal life, he maintains his personal life private. The footballer is focusing on his professional career. He might be dating a beautiful girl at present or might be single. Any updates on his love life will be updated here.
Lee Gregory Height and Weight
Lee Gregory stands at a height of 1.88m i.e. 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 79kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Lee Gregory Net Worth and Salary
Lee Gregory earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2021, his estimated net is around $1 million-$5 million and his salary is £624,000. His market value is around €500 Th.