Lee Kang-in is a 21-year-old South Korean professional footballer. He plays as an attacking midfielder for La Liga club Mallorca and the South Korea national team. Before he joined his current team Mallorca, he previously played for Valencia B (2017-2019) and Valencia (2018-2021). He also won the Copa del Rey with Valencia. Lee has represented South Korea in U-20, and U23 levels. He won the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Golden Ball award. He is playing internationally for South Korea National Team and is playing in the FIFA World Cup 2022.
What is Lee Kang-in Famous For?
- Lee Knag-in is a footballer from South Korea.
- Lee is famed for playing as an attacking midfielder for the club, Mallorca.
What is Lee Kang-in Nationality?
Lee Kang-in opened his eyes for the first time on February 19, 2001, which makes him the present age of 21 in 2022. He is from Incheon, South Korea. He is South Korean when it comes to his nationality and he belongs to the South Korean-Asian ethnicity. His father, Lee Woon-sung was a taekwondo instructor and his mother’s name is Kang Sung-mi. He spent his early childhood with his two siblings; two sisters. Pisces is his zodiac sign as per his birthdate. He was interested in football since he was a kid. He began playing football before he was five years of age. He attended Incheon Seokjeong Elementary School.
How was the football career of Lee Kang-in?
- Lee Kang-in initially joined Valencia’s academy in July 2011. Then, Lee was called up to Valencia B (Mestalla) on 15 December 2017 after six years of interval.
- For the team, Lee made his debut match against Deportivo Aragon on 21st November 2017. On 17th February 2018, he played his second match against Llagostera. Kang-in scored his debut goal for the team on 6th May 2018.
- During his 2018-2019 season, he played with the team making his debut match on 30th October 2018 against Ebro. By doing so, he became the youngest Korean footballer to debut professionally in Europe. On 12th January 2019, Lee made his La Liga debut against Real Valladolid which ended with a draw score of 1-1.
- Lee became the second youngest player in the 18–19 La Liga at age 16, 11 months, and 24 days after Ander Barrenetxea. Further, he became the youngest ever non-Spanish and the first Asian league debutant for Valencia, as well as the fifth Korean, to play in La Liga.
- The young footballer officially joined Valencia’s first team on 30 January 2019, receiving jersey number 16. Lee then made his UEFA Champions League debut on 17th September 2019 against Chelsea. Playing so, he became the youngest ever Korean to debut in the competition at the age of 18 years and 6 months.
- On 25 September 2019, Lee scored his first La Liga goal against Getafe. Scoring the goal, he become the youngest non-Spanish to score for Valencia, aged 18 years and 219 days old. The record was broken by American teammate Yunus Musah.
- Lee became the youngest player, aged 19 years and 207 days, to assist two goals in a La Liga match against Levante on 13th September 2020. In his 2021–22 season, he terminated his contract with Valencia on 29 August 2021.
- La Liga club Mallorca confirmed the free transfer of Lee on 30 August 2021 signing on a four-year contract. On 22 September 2021, Lee scored his first goal for the club in a 6–1 La Liga loss against Real Madrid.
U-20 World Cup
- Lee was chosen to play for the South Korea U-20 football team in the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup. He received the Golden Ball award as the tournament’s best player.
- Lee received his first call-up to the senior South Korean national football team in March 2019 for friendlies against Bolivia and Colombia. He became the 7th youngest to be in the South Korean national football team.
- On 5th September 2019, Lee made his international debut in a 2–2 draw-friendly match against Georgia as a starter.
- He is also in the squad of the South Korea National Team which played in the 2020 FIFA World Cup against Uruguay on 24th November 2022 which results in 0-0.
Lee Kang-in Awards, Honours, and Achievements
- Copa del Rey: 2018–19
South Korea U20
- FIFA U-20 World Cup runner-up: 2019
- FIFA U-20 World Cup Golden Ball: 2019
- AFC Youth Player of the Year: 2019
- Korean FA Young Player of the Year: 2019
Lee Kang-in Transfer News
- RCD Mallorca on 29 Aug 2021 for free
- Valencia on 29 Jan 2019
- Valencia on 9 Feb 2018
- Valencia B on 31 Dec 2017
- Valencia CF You on 30 Jun 2011
Who is Lee Kang-in Dating?
Lee Kang-in remains silent when there comes matter of his personal life. He is a very secretive man as he has not spoken about any details regarding his personal life. Also, there is no news and rumors about his past relationship and dating history pop-up in the media. It seems he is focusing on his professional life and building his career. He is leading a single life happily. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Lee Kang-in Net Worth?
Lee Kang-in is a young and rising footballer whose net worth is estimated to have $1 million as of 2022. His salary is believed to have in the range of $100K-$500K from his present team. His wealth comes from the wages and salaries that he receives from playing football in leagues. He is also making a bulk of money through endorsement deals. He lives a luxurious lifestyle at present and his lavish lifestyle includes a big house and a car collection.
How tall is Lee Kang-in?
Lee Kang-in is a cool-looking man with a height of 1.73 m. His body weight consists of 66 Kg. He has an athletic body type with a charming smile and glowing face. He has a pair of brown eyes and his hair color is dark brown. He has got a healthy body as of now and he maintains his body a lot.