Stephen Eustáquio is a 25-year-old Canadian professional football player who plays in the position of a defensive midfielder for the Primeira Liga club Porto and the Canada National Football Team. Previously, he played for Torreense, Leixões, Chaves, Paços de Ferreira, and Cruz Azul before he joined his current team, Porto. He is in the squad of Canada’s national team in the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
What is Stephen Eustáquio Famous For?
- Stephen Eustáquio is a footballer playing as a defensive midfielder for FC Porto.
- Eustáquio is famous for playing with the clubs Leixões, Chaves, Cruz Azul, Porto, and Paços de Ferreira.
- He is worldwide known for representing his nation, Canada in the FIFA World Cup 2022.
What is Stephen Eustáquio Nationality?
Stephen Eustáquio took birth on December 21, 1996, in Leamington, the city of Canada. He holds the nationality of Canadian and he belongs to the Canadian-White ethnicity. He was given the full name of Stephen Antunes Eustáquio by his parents, Armando and Esmeralda. Both of his parents were from Portugal. When Stephen was 11, his family returned from Leamington to Canada. He grew up playing soccer. When he was four, he started to play soccer. Eustáquio also has a sibling, an older brother whose name is Mauro. Professionally, he is also a footballer who has represented Canada at U-20 and U-23 levels. He celebrated his every birthday on 21st December. He cut his 25th birthday in 2021 with his close ones.
For which team, Stephen Eustáquio is playing?
Stephen Eustáquio’s football career began with the Leamington Minor Soccer after he moved to 7. With the club, Torreense, he spent two seasons.
- Stephen then moved to Leixoes signing with the club for an undisclosed fee on 7th June 2017. He made his debut match against Académico de Viseu in the first round of the Taça da Liga. He played full-time in the game.
- His debut game in the Segunda Liga was against Real Massama. Leixoes won with a score of 4-1 on 6th August 2017.
- Playing for a season with Leixoes, he then joined Chaves on 31st January 2018. He signed with the club on a five-and-a-half-year deal after his buyout clause of €500,000 was paid.
- Four days after he joined the team, he played his Primeira Liga debut against Feirense. He scored his first goal for the team against Boavista to come from behind to draw in the score 3-3.
- Eustáquio also played in a Portuguese League Cup match on 14th September 2018 at the Estádio do Dragão.
- On 15th January 2019, Stephen shifted to Cruz Azul of the Mexican Liga MX. He made his team debut against Tijuana but was stretchered off with an injury after he played shortly.
- Eustáquio returned to the pitch on 22 September 2019 to play for the under-20 team.
Paços de Ferreira
- The 25-years footballer was then loaned to the Portuguese team, Paços de Ferreira. It was on 11th January 2020, he played his league debut against Portimonense.
- Eustáquio agreed to another loan in September 2020 and in January, he permanently moved to the team for the fee of €2.5 million. His first goal for the team was against Nacional on 24th October. After six days, he scored another goal against Porto.
- It was on 5th August 2021 that Eustáquio made his European debut against Larne. His team won the match with a score of 4-0.
- Eustáquio was loaned to Porto for the rest of the season in January 2022 and played his debut match for the team, Porto against Arouca replacing Fábio Vieira.
- Porto exercised its purchase option, signing Eustáquio to a contract until 30 June 2027 on 31st May 2022. His first goal came on 30th September against Braga.
- In the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, he added the next two goals against Atletico Madrid.
- Eustáquio is eligible to represent Canada and Portugal at the international level. At the 2012 AGS Cup, he appeared for Canada’s U-17 side.
- Later on, Portugal under-21 manager Rui Jorge selected him for the 2019 UEFA European Championship qualifiers in November 2017. In February 2019, Eustáquio committed to play for Canada at the senior level.
- Receiving his first call-up to the team on 1 October 2019 for a CONCACAF Nations League fixture against the United States, he made his debut on 15th November.
- In addition, Eustáquio was named to a 60-man preliminary squad for the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup on 18 June. His first international goal came on 11th July against Martinique.
- Eustáquio was called up to the 2022 FIFA World Cup squad in November 2022.
Stephen Eustáquio Transfer News
- FC Porto on 30 Jun 2022 for the fee of 3.5M €
- Paços de Ferreira on 29 Jun 2022 at the end of the loan
- FC Porto on 23 Jan 2022 on loan
- Paços de Ferreira on 29 Jan 2021 for the fee of 2.5M €
- Cruz Azul on 27 Jan 2021 at the end of the loan
- Paços de Ferreira on 31 Dec 2019 on loan
- Cruz Azul on 15 Jan 2019 for the fee of 3.5M €
- GD Chaves on 30 Jan 2018 for the fee of 500k €
- Leixões SC on 30 Jun 2017
- Torreense on 30 Jun 2015
- GD Nazarenos on 31 Dec 2013 From União de Leiria U19 on loan
Stephen Eustáquio Awards and Achievements
- Primeira Liga: 2021–22
- Taça de Portugal: 2021–22
- Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2022
- Primeira Liga Midfielder of the Month: September 2022
Who is Stephen Eustáquio married to?
Stephen Eustáquio is a married man to his beautiful wife, Constanca Damiao. The pair are enjoying a happy married life right now. He frequently posts their pictures on his social media profile. His wife, Constanca works as a professional fashion designer. Eustáquio has not revealed any details about their marriage date. The duo is yet to become mum and dad. His sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Stephen Eustáquio making from his team?
Stephen Eustáquio is a professional footballer who has made a huge name in the football industry. Just at the age of 25, he played with several teams as well as with renowned footballers. The talented midfielder plays for FC Porton in Portugal. The net worth of Stephen Eustáquio is estimated to have $1.5 Million in 2022 including his all assets and properties. He is making his annual salary in thousands of dollars from his present team, FC Porto. His contract expires in June 2027 with the club. His main source of wealth comes from his football career. Whereas he also makes cool money from endorsement deals and sponsorship agreements. He is endorsed by the Adidas sports brand. He also owns a home in Canada. He lives a lavish lifestyle at present.
How tall is Stephen Eustáquio?
Stephen Eustáquio is a tall and handsome footballer for the club, Porto. He has a standing height of 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in). He maintained his body a lot and his weight consists of 70 Kg. He has a pair of attractive black eyes and his hair color is also of the same color i.e black. He preferred his right foot while playing football. His body type is athletic.