Lee Ryan is a British singer, songwriter, and actor who is famous for being a member of the English boy band “Blue”. On 1st August 2005, the singer came out with his debut album “Lee Ryan”. It reached No. 3 in Italy and No. 6 on the UK Album Chart. He made his acting debut in Marcus Warren’s movie “The Heavy” in 2010 for his role as Reuben. In the year 2000, he guest appeared in an episode of the medical drama series Holby City as Arian Kirkwall which was his debut TV show. He has also appeared in pantomime over the years; his most recent role was the Prince at the Darlington Hippodrome in 2017. He lent his voice to the character of an elk for the UK version of “Ice Age: The Meltdown” and dubbed Eddie for the film’s Italian version. He was a contestant on the TV reality show Hell’s Kitchen in September 2007. What’s more, he took part in the BBC series Strictly Come Dancing where he partnered with Nadiya Bychkova. He starred in ‘Celebs Go Dating’ on E4 and released his first single after nine years called “Ghost”. Then, he released two further solo singles in 2020, “Mockingbirds” and “Swayed”. In August 2020, he was banned from driving for six months after he was caught speeding twice in three months. In June 2021 it was announced that Ryan is to face trial for four offenses including two speeding charges, one charge of failing to tell police who was behind the wheel, and a further charge.
“Blue” singer, Lee Ryan tells court he cannot afford a £1,500 fine
Blue star Lee Ryan said he has no money as he was fined and banned from driving after failing to provide information about who was behind the wheel of his car. The 37-year-old from Chatham appeared at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court via a remote link from Spain on Thursday (August 19), where he was disqualified from driving for 12 months and fined £660. Ryan, who said he was “out of work at the moment due to COVID”, was ordered to pay £1,501 in total, including court costs, and he told the court: “I just don’t have any money.” Court papers said he was charged with driving a Mercedes at 70mph in a 60mph limit on an A-road in Peterborough, Fletton Parkway, on August 8 last year, and driving a Mercedes at 71mph on the same road on August 22 last year.
What is Lee Ryan Known For?
- Being an English singer-songwriter and actor.
- For being a member of Blue, a British band.
What Nationality is Lee Ryan?
Lee Ryan was born on 17th June 1983 in Chatham, Kent, England. He holds British nationality and his ethnicity is British-White. He celebrated his 38th birthday as of 2021. His Zodiac sign is Gemini. Lee doesn’t like religion but he is spiritual. He was born to his mother, Sheila Ryan, and his father. His parents split up when he was six years old. He also has a sibling, a sister named Gemma Ryan. He mostly lived with his mother, sister Gemma, and his grandmother
About his education, Lee Ryan studied at the Bedonwell School in Belvedere, London. After then, he went to Welling School and later to the Belcanto London Academy (BLA) in London, England. He has also attended Sylvia Young Theatre School in the Marble Arch area and Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London.
Lee Ryan Career Timeline
- Lee Ryan is a member of the boy band “Blue” along with Simon Webbe, Duncan James, and Antony Costa. The band has sold over 14 million records worldwide.
- He split with the band in August 2005 to pursue solo careers under the advice of Sir Elton John.
- The band, “Blue” reformed on 28th April 2009.
- Previously, he co-directed the video for Blue’s single “Breathe Easy”, which he also wrote and which was shot in Prague.
- In the year 2001, the group was in New York during the ‘September 11 attacks’ after which Ryan commented that “This New York thing is being blown out of proportion” and asked “What about whales? They are ignoring animals that are more important. Animals need saving and that’s more important.” The other members of the group tried to silence Ryan, but he went on. This caused a huge media backlash that resulted in Blue losing a record deal in the United States and campaigns to sack Ryan from the lineup.
- On 18th July 2005, he released his first single “Army of Lovers” which debuted at No. 3 in the UK Singles Chart and hit No. 1 in Italy.
- He then released his debut album, “Lee Ryan”, to mixed reviews. The album reached No. 6 in the UK Album Chart and No. 3 in Italy.
- “Turn Your Car Around” was the second single lifted from the album which had moderate success.
- He released his third and final single in the UK “When I Think of You” in January 2006 reaching No. 15 in the UK.
- The single “Reinforce Love” was released on 10th December 2007.
- He then appeared in the video for the single “Red Light” by a British girl band named Fe-Nix.
- In September 2007, he appeared as one of the contestants in “Hell’s Kitchen”. However, he rowed with Marco Pierre White about White’s use of the term “pikey”, and subsequently left the show.
- In August and September 2008, he acted alongside Natalie Casey in “The Pretender Agenda” at The New Players Theatre in London.
- In June 2008, he was found guilty of assaulting a taxi driver in Oxted and ordered to pay compensation to the victim.
- In March 2010, Ryan confirmed that he had signed a new record deal with Geffen Records, due to last until 2013.
- In April 2011, it was announced that his first album on his new record label, Confessions, was due to be released in October 2010.
- The first single from the album, “Secret Love”, was released as a double A-Side with “I Am Who I Am” on 4th July 2010 which peaked at number 33 on the UK Singles Chart.
- Following this, it was announced that Geffen was set to drop Ryan from the label before work on his album had been completed.
- He then announced in January 2011 that there was no deal to release his album.
- The tracklisting for Ryan’s aborted album was as follows: “Secret Love”, “I Am Who I Am”, “Guardian Angel”, “Perfect Strangers”, “I Don’t Wanna Let You Down”, “I Love Your Smile”, “It’s Not Me”, “Confessions”, “Light of Your Soul”, “Peaches”, “Reinforce Love”, “Suffice to Say”, “To See the Stars”, “Stop the Rain”, “Why Me” and “Stand Up as People”.
- Ryan stated in January 2011 that he was working on an album with “Blue” to be released later in the year.
- He also represented the United Kingdom at the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 in Düsseldorf, Germany with the song “I Can”, placing 11th overall.
- In the year 2013, he released “Hurt Lovers” the first single from their fourth album “Roulette”.
- In August 2013, Ryan and Duncan James appeared in an episode of the comedy panel show “Through the Keyhole” which the host showed around their home in London.
- He also appeared in “Celebrity Big Brother 13” in the year 2014. He Ryan came out as bisexual during his time on Big Brother, later stating in an interview, “I’m very open about what I’ve done in the past but that was the easiest way to come out. I did so much other stuff that people didn’t even notice.” During his time on Big Brother Ryan admitted he sleeps with his Blue bandmate Duncan James stating, “I work with Duncan, I go on holiday with Duncan, I live with Duncan.” Asked: “Do you have sex with Duncan?”, he replied: “Yeah all the time”.
- In November 2014, the band “Blue” announced they had signed a two-album record deal with Sony Music.
- The band released their fifth studio album “Colours” on 9th March 2015.
- In addition, he was in “Strictly Come Dancing 2018”, but went out in the third round.
- On 15th February 2017, it was confirmed that he had landed a role in the BBC soap opera, “EastEnders”. He was cast as Woody Woodward, initially for a short stint between 18 April and 19 May. It was later announced that Woody would be promoted to a regular role and that Ryan had signed a one-year contract with the show. Unsure his contract would be extended, he signed to play “Aladdin” in panto in Wimbledon and was hence written out of Eastenders.
- In the year 2019, he was a candidate in the seventh season of the British reality TV show “Celebs Go Dating”.
- From September to November 2019, he went on a UK-Tour with the musical “Rip it Up the 70s”.
Who is Lee Ryan Dating?
Lee Ryan is an unmarried man and he has never been in the rush to tie the knot with anyone. He is dating his beautiful girlfriend, Verity Paris. Verity has gained recognition as an Ariana Grande impersonator. She has starred in the reality TV show The X Factor back in 2009. The duo is also blessed with a baby girl recently. Last February, during an interview with Hello!, he spoke of his excitement at becoming a dad again. “I’m so excited. I love being a dad; there is nothing better than that. It’s the most amazing thing in the world.” His girlfriend Verity went on to add: “I’m very comfortable moving into the next stage of my life with someone who is so paternal and good with children.” As of today, they are living together in Costa del Sol, in Spain happily.
Previously, Lee Ryan has dated French model, Vanessa Perroncel. He then dated Maxine Higham for a short period of time. There was also a rumor that Duncan James and Lee Ryan had homosexual affairs in the past. In January 2014, Lee revealed in Celebrity Big Brother’s episode that he had a relationship with a man. He then had affair with model Alicia Douvall in 2001. Then, in 2003, he dated British model Louise Glover. He and the English singer and Atomic Kitten star Liz McClarnon dated for some time and got engaged in May 2003. They split in 2004. He was rumored to be dating American singer, Janet Jackson in 2004 after they met at Sanderson Hotel in London. He hooked up with fellow singer Geri Horner. He then dated American model Caprice Bourret for a short period in 2004. He was in a relationship with model Emily Oldfield with whom he had a daughter named Bluebell. They separated in 2005. After then, he was in a relationship with hairdresser Samantha Millar. He declared their engagement in June 2008. They became parents to Rayn Lee Amethyst in November 2008 and planned to get married in 2009. Later, Lee was charged with physically abusing Samantha in August 2010. Then, the two separated in 2012. After separation from Samantha, he fell in love with model Casey Batchelor after meeting her during the Big Brother reality TV series in 2014. He met American reality TV actress Jasmine Waltz during the Big Brother series in 2014. The two parted ways after some time. Later, he started dating Miss Universe Great Britain Jaime Lee-Faulkner and the two split in June 2017.
When discussing sexuality and dating on Good Morning Britain in August 2019, Ryan was asked if he had dated men, to which he replied, “Yeah, I think a lot of people are a lot more liberal which is great for our society. I mean we aren’t living in the Dark Ages anymore and for people to have some kind of prejudice against these kinds of things is just ignorant”.
Lee Ryan Arrest
- Lee Ryan was arrested and charged with driving with excess alcohol in central London in August 2003.
- In May 2004, he was cleared of assaulting two photographers who had attempted to take photos of him leaving a nightclub however he was convicted of criminal damage for smashing their cameras.
- In August 2010, he was charged with assaulting his former fiancée, Samantha however these charges were officially withdrawn.
- In May 2014, he pleaded guilty to criminal damage and failing to provide a specimen after being caught driving erratically in April.
- In 2020, on two occasions he was charged with driving a Mercedes at 70mph in a 60mph limit in Peterborough, but the charges were dismissed as the prosecution offered no evidence, due to there being no means of proving who was driving. However, Ryan was later charged and found guilty at trial of two counts of failing to provide information about the driver. At a subsequent hearing, Magistrate Alison Marsh gave Ryan two lots of six points against his driving license, resulting in a disqualification from driving for 12 months. Fined £1,501 for one of the charges, Ryan, speaking via a remote link from Spain, said he was “out of work due to Covid” and “just don’t have the money.”
What is the Net Worth of Lee Ryan?
Lee Ryan is a well-recognized singer, songwriter as well as and actor whose current net worth is unknown as in August 2021 he declared he “had no money” after being hit with his third driving ban. He said he couldn’t afford to cover a £1,500 fine for speeding as Covid had left him “unable to work”. He rose to fame in the early 2000s as one of the founding members of the boy band Blue along with Simon Webbe, Anthony Costa, and Duncan James. In 2015, Lee became the fourth and final Blue band member to declare himself bankrupt. In late 2005, Dolce & Gabbana signed him up to be the UK face of their new line of clothing. His present salary is unavailable at a moment. His major source of wealth comes from the music industry.
How much does Lee Ryan weigh?
Lee Ryan is a handsome man with an average body type. He stands tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 11 in or 1.8 m. His balanced and well-maintained body weight consists of 80 KG or 176 Pounds. His hair color is blonde and his eye color is blue. His chest size is 42 in, his arms size is 15.5 in and his waist size is 36 in. Back then, he was hospitalized in June 2017 due to severe illness caused by quinsy.