Mike Flanagan is a talented American filmmaker and partner in Intrepid Pictures. He is well recognized for his work on Netflix horror series, including “The Haunting of Hill House”, “The Haunting of Bly Manor”, and “Midnight Mass”. He attended Towson University in Maryland and made student films. He got his start in film as a movie director and his first major motion picture was Absentia in 2011. Mike also has been sober since 2018. He directed 2014’s “Oculus” and 2019’s “Doctor Sleep”. His work has attracted the praise of critics for his directing, focus on characters and themes rarely depicted in horror, and lack of reliance on jump scares; Stephen King, Quentin Tarantino, and William Friedkin. Moreover, it was announced in July 2021 that Flanagan would adapt the comic book series “Something Is Killing the Children” for Netflix.
- Being an American filmmaker and partner in Intrepid Pictures.
- For his work on Netflix horror series, including “The Haunting of Hill House”, “The Haunting of Bly Manor”, and “Midnight Mass”.
What is Mike Flanagan Nationality?
Mike Flanagan was born on 20th May 1978 in Salem, Massachusetts, the U.S. He holds American nationality and belongs to American-white ethnicity. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Christian religion. Mike has celebrated his 43rd birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Taurus. Thus, his race is white. His father, Timothy Flanagan was in the United States Coast Guard, and the family moved around often. His mother’s name is Laura Flanagan.
When it comes to Mike’s education, he was a student at Archbishop Spalding High School and later attended Towson University. He graduated with a BA in Electronic Media & Film and a minor in theater.
What does Mike Flanagan do for a living?
- Mike Flanagan began his career making student films that were more oriented toward melodrama whereas his first film directed after graduation, “Ghosts of Hamilton Street” (2003), was filmed in Maryland. He also made a 2006 short film, “Oculus: Chapter 3 – The Man with the Plan” for $1500.
- He then directed “Absentia” (2011) which was released direct-to-video but gained popularity when Netflix offered it on their streaming service.
- He shot his next film, “Before I Wake”, in 2013 which was acquired by Relativity Media in 2014, and was originally scheduled to be released on 8th May 2015, but was pushed back to 25th September 2015 and later pulled from the schedule due to the company’s filing for bankruptcy.
- Later he wrote and directed “Ouija: Origin of Evil” as well as he directed, wrote, and edited the psychological horror film “Gerald’s Game”, based on the 1992 novel of the same title by Stephen King.
- Also, he created, directed, produced, edited, and wrote the Netflix supernatural horror series “The Haunting of Hill House” in 2018.
- In 2019, Flanagan wrote and directed the horror film “Doctor Sleep” whereas “The Haunting of Hill House” was renewed for a stand-alone second season, titled “The Haunting of Bly Manor” in the following year. It premiered in 2020.’
- In July 2019, as part of that overall deal, Netflix ordered Flanagan’s original horror series “Midnight Mass”. He wrote, directed, and served as showrunner on the 7-episode series, which was released in September 2021 to critical acclaim after a production delay in 2020 caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It was announced in May 2020 that Mike would adapt numerous novels by Christopher Pike into a new series, titled “The Midnight Club” for Netflix.
- He was announced to be developing a film for Universal Pictures based on another Christopher Pike novel “The Season of Passage” in April 2021.
- It was announced in July 2021 that Flanagan would adapt the comic book series “Something Is Killing the Children” for Netflix. In October of that year, it was announced that Flanagan will create “The Fall of the House of Usher”. He will direct four episodes of the series, with the other four being helmed by his longtime cinematographer Michael Fimognari.
Who is Mike Flanagan Wife?
Mike Flanagan is a married guy. He has been married to actress Kate Siegel, with whom he has two children, one son, and one daughter. The actor has remained loyal to his wife. Flanagan was previously in a relationship with Absentia actress Courtney Bell, with whom he has a son. He has been sober since 2018. Reflecting on his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Mike Flanagan?
Mike Flanagan has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021 whereas he has also a handsome amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. He has reached great heights in his career already and he still has a lot more to do. Mike has not done any endorsement work yet. In addition, his major source of income is his filmmaking career.
How tall is Mike Flanagan?
Mike Flanagan stands at an ideal height of 1.96 m with a balanced bodyweight of 137 kg. He has short black hair and dark brown eyes color. Furthermore, his body build type is average. Mike has maintained his shape over the years with regular exercise it seems.