Morgan Anthony Gibbs-White, professionally known as Morgan Gibbs-White is an English professional footballer. He is well recognized for playing as a midfielder for EFL Championship club Sheffield United, on loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers. He has also represented England at under-16 through the under-21 levels. He has gained fame as a midfielder for Sheffield United. He started playing for Wolverhampton Wanderers at the age of 8 and has progressed through all age groups of the club’s academy. On 31st August 2021, he joined Sheffield United on loan for the 2021-2022 season. Morgan was coached by former soccer player and manager Des Lyttle while attending the Thomas Telford School. He was the Sheffield United F.C. Player of the Year for the 2021-2022 season. He posts photos of himself competing in soccer matches and enjoying his day-to-day life on his morgxngibbs Instagram account, where he has accumulated more than 107K followers.
Morgan Gibbs-White Famous For
- Being an English professional footballer.
- For playing as a midfielder for EFL Championship club Sheffield United.
How are Morgan Gibbs-White’s parents?
Morgan Gibbs-White was born on 27th January 2000 with the real name of Morgan Anthony Gibbs-White in Stafford, England. He is of British nationality and he came from British-white ethnic background. Likewise, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Morgan’s present is 22 which he celebrated recently in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Aquarius. He is the son of his father Kirk Gibbs-White and his mother Leanne Gibbs-White. He also has two siblings named Madison and Jaiden.
Talking about Morgan’s education, he attended Sir Graham Balfour School in his hometown and later Thomas Telford School in Telford, Shropshire.
Morgan Gibbs-White Football Career
- Morgan Gibbs-White kicks off his football career joining Wolverhampton Wanderers aged 8 as he made his first-team debut, aged 16, as a 62nd-minute substitute for Joe Mason in a 2-0 win over Premier League side Stoke City in the FA Cup 3rd round on 7th January 2017.
- He then made his first league appearance on 14th February 2017 in a 1-0 home defeat in the EFL Championship against Wigan Athletic.
- It was announced in January 2018 that Morgan had signed a contract that would keep him at the club until summer 2022 where he made his first Premier League appearance in the opening home match of the 2018-2019 season against Everton as a late substitute.
- Gibbs-White came on as a substitute in the home match against Tottenham Hotspur on 4th November 2018 and got his first start in the Premier League in the home game against Chelsea on 5th December 2018, in which he provided the assist for Wolves’ first goal by Raúl Jimenez in a 2-1 win.
- He scored his first goal for Wolves on 15th August 2019, on his 57th senior appearance for the club, in a 4-0 second-leg win against the Armenian team FC Pyunik in a Europa League qualifier.
- He was disciplined by Wolves for having breached government rules by attending a party in London in May 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- He signed a new three-year contract with Wolves before moving on loan to Championship side Swansea City for the 2020-2021 season on 25th August 2020 and scored his first goal for Swansea in a 1-0 win against Preston North End on 12th September.
- Morgan did not make another appearance for Swansea after the Millwall game until coming on as an 85th-minute substitute in the 2-1 home win over Watford on 2nd January 2021.
- On 6th January 2021, he was recalled from his loan at Swansea City by Wolves where he scored his first-ever Premier League goal on 9 Mayth 2021, a late winner in a 2-1 victory over Brighton & Hove Albion at Molineux.
- On 31st August 2021, he joined Sheffield United on loan for the 2021-2022 season and scored on his debut for Sheffield United against Peterborough United on 11th September 2021 in a 6-2 win, and again in his second Sheffield United appearance on 14th September, a game which ended as a 2-2 draw.
- Morgan Gibbs-White was part of the England team that won the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup in India where he scored twice in the tournament, against the United States in a 4-1 win in the quarter-finals, and once in the final, which England won 5-2 against Spain.
- Rhian Brewster revealed in an interview with The Guardian in December 2017 that Gibbs-White was racially abused by a Spanish player during the final with the FA reporting the incident to FIFA.
- As well, he was included in England’s 23-man squad for the 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Italy on 27th May 2019 and made his debut for that age group during the 3-3 draw with Croatia at the San Marino Stadium on 24th June, playing the final 17 minutes in place of James Maddison.
- Wolverhampton on 30/06/2022 at End of the loan
- Wolverhampton on 06/01/2021 at End of the loan
- Swansea City on 25/08/2020 at loan
- Wolverhampton on 01/01/2017 From Wolves U18
Awards and Achievements
- EFL Championship: 2017-2018
- FIFA U-17 World Cup: 2017
- Sheffield United Player of the Year: 2021-2022
- Sheffield United Young Player of the Year: 2021-2022
Who is Morgan Gibbs-White’s girlfriend?
Morgan Gibbs-White is an unmarried footballer. He is currently in a relationship with his beautiful girlfriend Britney De Villiers. They are having a blissful life sharing lots of love with each other and they are very less likely to get separated. Concerning Morgan’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much does Morgan Gibbs-White earn?
Morgan Gibbs-White has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022 whereas he has also a handsome amount of salary which is around £78,000 per year. His current market value is €11.00m which is also his highest market value as of 13th May 2022. In addition, his major source of income is from his football career and he is sincere in his work.
How tall is Morgan Gibbs-White?
Morgan Gibbs-White is 5 ft 7 in / 171 cm tall and his body weighs around 43 lb / 65 kg. He has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is athletic. He has also inked tattoos on his body which has attracted a lot of people to him.