Rafael Miguel was a Brazilian actor who got well-recognition for his role as Paçoca in the telenovela “Chiquititas” from 2013-to 2015. He received his initial stardom after appearing in a TV commercial playing a boy who demanded broccoli from his mother in a supermarket. Miguel portrayed the role of Juca in the Brazilian telenovela “Cama de Gato” in 2009. However, he and his parents were murdered on June 9, 2019, by his girlfriend, Isabela Tibcherani’s father when they arrived at the girl’s house to discuss their relationship. Miguel and his parents were buried in the Campo Grande cemetery, in the south of São Paulo. Besides, he also had over 167k followers on his Instagram account: @rafaelmiguelreal.
How did Rafael Miguel die?
Rafael Miguel died on June 9, 2019, after being murdered by his girlfriend, Isabela Tibcherani’s father, Paulo Cupertino Matias. He was just 22 years old when he passed away leaving his family, friends, relatives, and fans in grief. On the day he was assassinated, Miguel and his parents met with his girlfriend’s father to discuss the status of their relationship. According to the G1 news site, Paulo shot and murdered Miguel and his parents at his house during a debate over the connection, citing a statement from local officials. Isabela was depressed, and her father blamed Miguel for it. Miguel and his parents were survived by his two sisters and their family and were buried in the Campo Grande cemetery, in the south of São Paulo on June 10, 2019. The actor’s assassination caused horror throughout Brazil, particularly among fans of his television shows and telenovelas. The murderer, Paulo fled after the murder and was arrested on May 16, 2022, nearly three years after the incident.
Where was Rafael Miguel from?
Rafael Miguel was born on July 9, 1996, in São Paulo, Brazil. His birth name was Rafael Henrique Miguel. His nationality was Brazilian. He belonged to a mixed ethnicity while Cancer was his zodiac sign.
He was born as the son of João Alcisio Miguel(father) and Miriam Selma Miguel(mother). He had an elder sister, Isabelly Victoria Miguel, and a younger sister, Camillia Miguel. He was raised in his hometown along with his sisters. He was raised Roman Catholic. Since his childhood, he had an interest in acting, so, he joined acting classes at a very young age. His parents always supported him to pursue his career as an actor.
Rafael Miguel’s Career
- Rafael Miguel started his acting career by appearing in a TV commercial playing a boy who demanded broccoli from his mother in a supermarket. He was well appreciated for his performance in the commercial.
- He then acted in films such as “Meu mundo em perigo” and “O Natal do menino imperador”.
- He portrayed the role of Antenor in the 2006 Brazilian television series “JK”.
- In the same year, he appeared in the role of Bentinho in the telenovela “Cristal”.
- He then played the role of Percival Fortuna, son of Flávia Alessandra and Murilo Benicio, in the Brazilian telenovela “Pé na Jaca” from 2006-2007.
- In the 2009 film Cama de Gato, he portrayed Juca, the son of Helosa Périssé and Marcello Novaes, who was more mature than his parents when interfering in their arguments.
- His final appearance came as Paçoca in the Brazilian soap opera “Chiquititas” from 2013-to 2015. His role garnered him critical acclaim and huge popularity.
Rafael Miguel Girlfriend
Rafael Miguel was in a relationship with his girlfriend, Isabela Tibcherani at the time of his death. Miguel was four years elder than Isabela. However, Isabela’s father was unhappy with their relationship and ended it completely on June 9, 2019, when he murdered Miguel and his parents.
Rafael Miguel’s Net Worth
Rafael Miguel had quite good earnings from his professional career as an actor. He was one of Brazil’s most promising young performers. Miguel managed to capture countless hearts around Brazil with his outstanding work on his series and films, even though he only worked on a few projects due to his death at the early age of 22. His source of income was surely from his series and films especially his work as Paçoca in the Brazilian soap opera “Chiquititas”. Including this, he had a net worth estimated to be around $1.5 million.
Rafael Miguel’s Height and Weight
Rafael Miguel was a good-looking guy with an athletic body physique in his early-20s at the time of his death. He had a height of 5ft 10 inches(1.77m) while his body weight was around 65kg. He had a fair complexion with black hair and brown eyes.